The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #7C5E
@Inucroft  
Could you give your version of the timeline then? I believe what i wrote was accurate as far as i’ve understood things, aside from the additional point that discussions are now on-going regarding the rules.
Background Pony #6C09
@Inucroft  
If you’ll check the announcement threads, Raptorshy’s undoing announcement had multiple mods post in support of her, things like “I stand behind Raptorshy” etc., while Blossomforth’s un-undoing thread instead got multiple mods to respond “I had nothing to do with this”.

Really makes me think which one was a “stab in the back” and which one was a clear, coordinated, talked through and agreed upon decision.
Background Pony #7C5E
Blossomforrth tries to create temporary compromise gets kicked from admin team

It’s not a compromise to reverse(And double down) a decision that took five days of conversation to reach, and more importantly do so when the rest of the staff were telling you not to do so.  
A site assistant resigned over what Blossomforth did.

https://derpibooru.org/forums/meta/topics/an-announcement-from-derpibooru-s-staff?post_id=4844570#post_4844570
Background Pony #4661
@Background Pony #4555
No, some ideas are more tolerable than others. Specifically, the intolerant ones don’t play nice.

You mean like the intolerant ones try to exterminate any speech that they don’t approve of, as well as the people that do the speaking?  
We’ve noticed that!
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
How is it everytime I go to bed I come back to see we’re arguing about why we don’t want censorship, again?

The site doesn’t allow underage humans being shown in sexual situations. That’s illegal.

The site uses rule 0 to stop harassment. Bigotry is for 4chan.

If you don’t want to see images you find disagreeable, filter it.

Can we get back to discussing the type of changes that could improve community relations and better the experience for users of the site? I’ve yet to see a consensus on how to better integrate the community into policy decisions or how to rebuild trust between mods and users.

Here’s a list of ideas:  
>Publicly viewable mod forum on site policy.  
>Community vote on policy changes.  
>Site wide banner announcing voting.  
>Moderator being an elected position.  
>Opt-in program for users to assist in moderator tasks.  
>Not allowing anonymous posting in forums.  
>A karma system for comments.  
>Uploaders being able to disable comments on works.  
>An audit log showing who made what changes to site pages or removes comments.  
>Hiding rules violating comments instead of deleting them.

I don’t agree with all of these suggestions, but I’d like to know what other users feel.
Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
@Brass Beau  
I like most of those.

I don’t like the comment disabling though, as most of my work gets uploaded by other people and I want comments.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Brass Beau  
>>Community vote on policy changes.  
Too easy to game. It shouldn’t be a vote, but rather community debate.  
>>Moderator being an elected position.  
Too easy to result in tyranny of the majority (or rather, the vocal minority).  
>>A karma system for comments.  
Cancer, pls do not.  
>>Uploaders being able to disable comments on works.  
Waaaaaaaay too easy to exploit for dishonest ends.  
>>Not allowing anonymous posting in forums.  
Prevents whistleblowing and doesn’t affect rulebreaker anonymity (to regular users) because registering new accounts is easy.

I agree with the rest; especially audit log.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

>Not allowing anonymous posting in forums.

Won’t this turn forums into a hugbox where people will be afraid to voice themselves out of fear of personal attack?  
>A karma system for comments.

Right, because we need more “popular opinions” in forums. I also hear “downvoting brigade” in the distance somewhere…  
>Uploaders being able to disable comments on works.

I am with Skoon on this one.

The rest of ideas are OK with me.
Infinite Winter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Go to Ponybooru
@Skoon  
Yeah, and also IMO comment disabling opens room for abusing this feature, like posting something pretty controversial and locking comments to “avoid” backlash. Add ability to lock down votes and it will be the same as Youtube
Background Pony #574E
@Armagedonus  
We’ve already seen fear of voicing opinions - on the new boorus. People are literally exhibiting PTSD from derpi’s radical tyranny.  
Remember your anonymous posting isn’t anonymous to the mod team.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed