The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
@belmontzar  
No worries, really. I’ve had a looooooong time to come to terms with my rocky childhood. Truthfully, it’s okay to talk about this stuff if it means helping people make rational sense of things they otherwise can’t understand.

Thank you, though.
Background Pony #12BA
@Background Pony #40B0
But what if you have the power to crush that speech or allow it? Can you truly be neutral? Should you?

Wtf? What even is that question?  
The statement was that just because you support the right of someone to say something, it doesn’t mean that you agree with what he says.

Yes. You can truly be neutral, by simply not interfering. Thinking that not supporting side A means you support side B is wrong. Thinking that just because you don’t shut someone down means that you support him is wrong. However, when you shut him down, you openly take sides.  
It is incredible that this even needs to be said.  
It should be logical.

We aren’t living in the Soviet Union here where everybody who doesn’t support Communism was a declared enemy of the state and nazi and were children were drilled to report their parents for wrongthink.
Background Pony #40B0
By the way, do you approve of deleting random non-pony art posted to this site?

Define “non-pony art”, very explicitly.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #12BA  
Indeed. Just as one could have been neutral in World War 2 as well. Several countries were, in fact. And several others only went to war over vociferous objections by many of their own people.

A lot of people don’t like Rainbow Falls, but whjat Twilight says there is true - when a choice lies before you, not choosing is also a choice. (And really, allowing art automatically isn’t even that.)
belmontzar
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Skoon  
Im glad your ok and found some way to cope _  
I had some rather bad stuff in my own childhood that shaped who I am in a very large degree.  
Anyway I need to get some sleep.  
Stay safe alright?
Background Pony #12BA
@Latecomer  
so now its not about free speech and freedom of expression and freedom of art, but about a war where people get killed and genocide happens? Totally the same thing, right?

Sorry for falling for that troll.
Background Pony #40B0
@Latecomer  
See I asked you to be very explicit, and you’re still being vague. From what perspective do they have no relation to the My Little Pony franchise?
Background Pony #40B0
@Latecomer  
If it is just a picture of an airplane with no ponies or reference to ponies in it, then I’d say no. But if it was a picture of an airplane with say, Rainbow Dashes cutie mark painted on it, I’d say yes it should be allowed.

However once again, I haven’t heard of people uploading just pictures of airplanes with no references to ponies in them en masse, or even singularly.
Background Pony #40B0
@Latecomer  
The crayon drawing of the horse is a bit trickier and a blanket judgement can’t be made on it because of the variables you have to consider in its case.

For example, if it was in that crayon-y style but of a canon (show/comic/etc) character, it should be allowed. I think you’d agree there too. The tricky part is when it comes to OC’s.

If for example it was drawn in that crayon-y style, but it was a picture of a prominent OC (say Fausticorn), then it’d also be allowed (which I assume you’d agree on). The problem then comes to the degree of notoriety of the OC. So let’s pretend then that this picture was a brand new OC, and it was the first picture on this site. From just that picture alone, I’d say it’d be fair to make an argument to remove it. Because that picture purely on its own doesn’t have a connection to MLP.

However if fanfiction came out with this character in Equestria (or with Equestrian characters) and/or more art was made in the show’s style, etc, then you could easily make the argument that it should be allowed. Once again you’d have to do this on a case by case basis, and once again, I don’t think this site generally has a problem with this kind of very specific OC problem.
Officer Hotpants
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Literally3HitlersInACoat
@Latecomer  
Probably because you’ve asked the same two or three questions about 80 times as though nobody has answered them. Content-wise, you’re currently sitting at less than .1 questions per post.
Background Pony #47F5
@Phoenixflambe  
Here. If you have any issues post in the thread and I’ll send you a message.

Do note that it won’t download the pink tags such as “ask pun” for some reason, so you’ll have to add those yourself. It should grab the rest of them just fine, though.
Officer Hotpants
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Literally3HitlersInACoat
@Latecomer  
“Do you really believe freedom of expression should apply to everyone?”  
“… okay, but what if they’re Nazis?”  
“So you support Derpibooru allowing Nazis?”

Repeat until heat death of universe, toss in occasional accusation of zealotry and insistence that remaining neutral is taking a side.

And the “where” would be that last several several days worth of pages of this thread.
Background Pony #40B0
Just keep reminding him that: you can support the right for someone’s freedom of expression, without supporting what they’re actually saying.
Latecomer

@Officer Hotpants  
But it is. Derpibooru hosts what it chooses too - the fact that it forbids non-pony pics is proof enough of that even if you dismiss the anthro foalcon thing under “legal compliance doesn’t count”. It can default to allowing things, but that is a choice, not a non-choice.

@Background Pony #40B0  
I do not entirely agree with this statement, which may be part of the problem here.
Hisexpliciteditor
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Survivor of MW2 Lobbies
is there another place where you are all going? I plan to linger here still cause of my hordes of faved art but id love to follow people and continue enjoying arts
Rainbooru existed for a long time, but their interface isn’t newcomer friendly and seem like the site is abandoned. Their also Ponybooru that is working to be as good intender for a alternative to Derpibooru. Pillowfort look more promising as a alternative to Tumblr. However, it is still in beta and invite only. As for me, I’m still working on my new site after getting purge from Tumblr
Background Pony #314E
@Latecomer  
Your argument is equal to saying because the museum of modern art don’t display classical art it has chosen that censorship is okay.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed