The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #6C09
@Raptorshy  
That’s actually very reasonable, fair enough. Well, I don’t usually like to speak for other people, but having followed this drama from the beginning I’m pretty sure that pretty much everyone who participated in the anti-censorship pledge, or has spoken out against censorship, would prefer that rules go back at least to how they were before this. If anyone accepts tightened rules, it would be very reluctantly and as a heavy compromise.

Note that by “rules” I mean general moderation policy, not just the literal wording of the text on the rules page, since a lot of rules leave enough to moderator discretion that the same text could lead to wildly differing enforcement. I assume that’s what everyone is talking about, but I thought I’d clarify just in case.

@Background Pony #40B0  
I doubt it, they got their publication and now they have probably already forgotten bronies still exist in 2020. It’s an old news cycle now, they’re out looking for fresh drama. “There’s still a nazi problem in the MLP fandom” doesn’t sound like something that will bring in a lot of clicks.
Background Pony #7C5E
@Raptorshy  
Pre-drama rules is all anyone here wants, no ‘tightening’ or however else you want to call stricter rules.
Background Pony #EC55
@Latecomer  
I do see where you’re coming from on this, but we just don’t agree where that line is. If we don’t agree neither will everyone else. That’s how yoy get arguments around whether ACAB should be allowed or not.
Background Pony #C8E9
So you agree then that Communism killed millions, glad we finally cleared that up.
That’s still less than Christianity has killed by that logic, and ain’t no one talking about banning THAT imagery.  
…or are they??
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Latecomer  
You are willing to compromise on essential democratic values. Most others here are not. Giving in to people like you erodes our rights and societies bit by bit. You wont find many that agrees with you in this thread.
Background Pony #40B0
I doubt it, they got their publication and now they have probably already forgotten bronies still exist in 2020. It’s an old news cycle now, they’re out looking for fresh drama. “There’s still a nazi problem in the MLP fandom” doesn’t sound like something that will bring in a lot of clicks.

You underestimate the zeal and hatred the average twitter clout goblin possesses. Likewise you overestimate the quality of the average modern journalist. Thirdly people are locked inside because of the pandemic, and looking for juicy stories/things to get angry at.
Background Pony #FBF3
@Inucroft  
For most people communism=stalinism just like swastika=nazi. Both are not totally true, but you just want ban one thing. Don’t you see some hypocrisy?
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
@Datte-Before-Dawn  
All communities need guardrails and we had some but the external internet has a very different standard and I feel that if we try to impose something based on that framework there will be a slope because our fandom’s center would be the edgy of a lot of communities. Everything from words like “retard” or “fag” to fics that can dive into complex moral issues that a lot of people don’t even blink an eye at but would get you completely cancelled in certain circles. If there is going to be a tightening of the guardrails and its not based on the internal culture then we have a significant risk of our a lot of things being destroyed.
Background Pony #40B0
@Background Pony #C8E9  
Literally where are you getting that statistic from? And where are you getting the implication that people in this thread want more things banned? Give me genuine, full context quotes.

The entire point of this thread is to espouse the values of neutrality. We’re simply pointing out the hypocrisy as seeing Nazism as the ultimate evil (and therefore any reference to Nazism no matter how innocuous should be banned), when Communism has killed at least 16 times more (but references to communism don’t get banned).
Latecomer

@Background Pony #EC55  
Indeed. However, even if Nazi imagery is not ban-worthy, I would say art that expressed their ideals is beyond the pale.

@silbasa  
And you are willing to compromise on basic principles of decency rather than make a judgement call, which is another kind of erosion. (A bit surprising to find you on the anti-authoritatian side, given your mantra of “law and order!” in the politcs thread…)
Background Pony #12BA
@Background Pony #7C5E
This came from some panic after the initial post as we ended up with over 100 DNPs within the first hour. That post was made by the other admins because they saw the site was being destroyed and wanted to act quickly to prevent it. I wasn’t able to have much input on it due to being extremely upset myself (to put it in context that night I was shaking profusely, sat in the shower crying for about half an hour, and passed out suddenly hitting the floor).
@Background Pony #4555
Definitely a very valid point, I’ll make note of that. It’s one of the big reasons I didn’t want to consider political things at all for content removal purposes.

Then leave! Leave for your own health!  
You cried and passed out in the shower because of internet drama?  
Log out and listen to some relaxing music and go for a walk right now!

There is no way that you can make rational decisions in such a mental state. You should not be here and neither should you be in the administration team. You are just hurting yourself and others.  
Think about yourself. Do what is good for you.
Background Pony #7C5E
I am stating this right now. Blossomforth’s post is not policy.

Then why does everything you keep saying regarding site policy sound an awful lot like what he said in that post.

We will be tightening our rules and will not be allowing any form of harmful ideology. This includes not only content promoting Nazism, Stalinism, Communism, etc but also content promoting racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or anything else involving hate speech.

If you apparently dont agree with that, and the majority of the mods dont agree with that, then why are you still talking about doing that.
Background Pony #3D05
(As is freedom of speech, believe it or not.)

>I want free speech but…  
You’re not in support of free speech
Background Pony #6C09
I am stating this right now. Blossomforth’s post is not policy.

The follow up I (possibly poorly) implied would have been “and therefore my announcement still stands as official policy, ergo, pre-drama rules are in force henceforth”.

Of course I understand that’s probably not your stance anymore (which was part of my confusion: why not?). Nevertheless, thank you for this statement! It’s among the clearest we’ve had in a while. (Especially since we’ve had Discord screencaps floating around for a few days that vaguely implied the opposite.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed