The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
I feel like tightening would be minimal at best if they allow the same general content as before.  
How many pics could have been said to break even a tightened version of the rules that weren’t already in violation just not noticed…three? twelve? Even a hundred is not that bad over a ten year period
deactivateda0841fe

@Background Pony #7C5E  
Most of the tightening here is to apply rules more consistently than anything. Regardless that line is still overwhelmingly on one side compared to what it could have been.

@Background Pony #4555  
Definitely understandable. It can be hard when you let in a lot of offensive content though as more and more people stop wanting to associate with a site. It can actually be just as damaging as banning it all.

@Background Pony #6C09  
That would have honestly been skirting the line even under the old policy.
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Background Pony #35EA  
Oh so because I’m a brit I have to be a racist cunt? So because I’m British I’m not allowed to say- hey that’s wrong?  
Fuck off with your blatent racism.

You know nothing about me, nor what I do. I’m MORE than happy to highlight ALLLLL the fucked up shitt he English & British Goverments and people have done.
Background Pony #40B0
@Background Pony #6C09
Yea honestly this, i’m tired of all this dancing just state clearly what your going to do. Its really all we ask. I’f your plan really is to buy time until everything calms down i can say right now its not going to work.

I’m with you on the frustration and anxiousness to get an answer, but I don’t want things rushed.
Background Pony #40B0
@Background Pony #3117
Communism is an umbrella term. Nazi & Stalinism is not.
Because you can have authoritarian Communism (ie Stalinism) and then you also have Anarcho-communism with is nothing like the USSR.

So you agree then that Communism killed millions, glad we finally cleared that up.
Background Pony #EC55
@Latecomer  
Then you have a site where any and all art directed toward politics or creeds, any art around race, is banned. You could do that, but yoyr trading a small number of people filtering art for large categories being banned.
Background Pony #7C5E
@Raptorshy  
Excuse me for going on a small rant with this but consistancy is exactly what this site doesnt have right now.

“We’re doing what Blossomforth wanted to do despite the fact i had zero input on it at the time and it’s a complete 180’ from the previous stance i spent several days hashing out with the mod staff”  
You might as well lock this thread and tell everyone involved to fuck off then, it doesnt matter if you’re only tightening the rules ‘a little bit’ when one of the core issues is that trust in the site staff is completely and utterly shot and a slippery slope has already proven to be the case with the crowd you’re apparently listening to.  
We’ve got you flip flopping on your censorship stance and dancing to Blossomforth’s tune despite supposedly being head of the site and them not even being on staff anymore, we’ve got mods in general enacting rules in a biased manner (At one point during the past month a report on a user was cleared multiple times and had to be publicly asked about in your discord before action was taken) and most egregiously in my opinion you’ve got Derpy hooves saying whatever the hell he wants to everyone regardless of the inconsistancy as i’ve directly messaged you about two instances of several and probably who knows even more cases in private messages to all the various artists he’s talking to about their DNP requests.

“Tightening the rules” is exactly what caused this whole mess back when you made a Twitter announcement in June and doing the same thing but in a smaller dose won’t help matters.
Background Pony #4555
@Raptorshy  
I don’t think there will be any more than what is now. Artist will draw and paint what they want, and I highly doubt artist will switch to make exclusively Aryanne or Veronica or etc.. They will go back to draw what they like and always have been drawing.
Background Pony #125B
@Inucroft  
Hey its your cult, dont blame me for all the bullshit in it.  
@Background Pony #40B0  
Sure we cant rush things but i feel like this issue is so easy to resolve that i cant help but see the mods just buying time.
Background Pony #6C09
@Background Pony #40B0  
Thing is the staff already took like four or five days to come up with a solution to the situation. The a single admin went rogue and, against the wishes of most of the other mod team, posted an announcement that went against it.

Maybe what I understand the least about this situation is why one admin acting out of line and against authority, overrules the decision agreed upon by the head admin and apparently the overwhelming majority of the rest of the mod and staff team. Why is “Blossomforth’s post does not change policy” not a suitable response? Why does everything have to be rethought, from the ground up, a second time?

It’s fine not to rush things, but I seriously don’t understand why, after coming to a not-rushed and good decision once, it suddenly has to be thrown out and everyone has to not-rush a second time, taking even longer than the first time. I’m probably missing some internal mod dynamics, but if Raptorshy is really head admin, and a majority of the mod are really behind her and anti-censorship, actions of a lone (non-head) admin shouldn’t overrule everyone else.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
Most of the tightening here is to apply rules more consistently than anything.

Would this apply to shitposts like this?  
full

Would this apply to screencaps on 4chan? Like, if it was just saying Gas the Jews is one thing, but would it apply to average everyday events like the Pony Perversion Project or something historical like this if it had a lot of offensive language?  
full

Would this apply to works with highly offensive humor? Like Pony.MOV, >>1296081 or Ultra Fast Pony >>1878858.
Background Pony #40B0
@Background Pony #125B  
I think it’s twofold. I assume that Raptorshy is doing her best to try and show the other mods why censorship is bad path to go down (as well as why they shouldn’t pander to the twitter crowd). On the flip side, I also feel like they’re waiting for twitter to lose interest because the moment they revert the rules to the old ones (no matter long they wait), you can expect the Atlantic 2 article boogaloo to come out and libel the site by saying “They support Nazis!”.

I really wish we had someone like Notch in this fandom, who could take that publication to court over these slanderous claims.
Background Pony #40B0
@Raptorshy  
In case you missed it, my thoughts on the policy were this:

-The anti-censorship people won’t come back unless the rules revert exactly to what they were like a month ago. So they won’t come back with this proposed policy change.  
-The pro-censorship people won’t come back until every single image with a Swastika is scrubbed from the site. And if we’re allowed to be candid, even if you did that, it’s likely most artists still wouldn’t come back. In their eyes, the site is tainted and beyond saving.

There’s been plenty of evidence to show the pro-censorship group is not really worth pandering to, so I don’t understand why anyone would.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed