The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

deactivateda0841fe

@Background Pony #7C5E  
This came from some panic after the initial post as we ended up with over 100 DNPs within the first hour. That post was made by the other admins because they saw the site was being destroyed and wanted to act quickly to prevent it. I wasn’t able to have much input on it due to being extremely upset myself (to put it in context that night I was shaking profusely, sat in the shower crying for about half an hour, and passed out suddenly hitting the floor).

@Background Pony #4555  
Definitely a very valid point, I’ll make note of that. It’s one of the big reasons I didn’t want to consider political things at all for content removal purposes.
Background Pony #6C09
Can I take this opportunity to ask for a judgement, under the proposed policies, on full

@Inucroft  
we

Speak for yourself, Germany is the only one that actually has laws against Nazi imagery. And even then I’ve never heard of any German being arrested for looking at swastikas on the internet - it’s usually when someone does the Nazi salute or flies a Nazi flag or something.
deactivateda0841fe

@Barhandar  
It is very weird to me but I hope we can get this added back sooner rather than later as it’s invaluable to moderation.

@Background Pony #40B0  
There’s extremes on both sides, definitely. However more have been in the middle than you would expect. More than that, the overwhelming majority of people seem to just want a decision at all so this can end and we can go back to looking at cute ponies.
Background Pony #7C5E
@Raptorshy  
Except the second statement is apparently exactly what you’re doing now, the only question is how much the rules are being ‘tightened’.  
I feel for you, but not having any input on it and being indisposed that evening means fuck all if you then proceed to toe that line regardless.
Background Pony #4555
@Raptorshy  
I am in the camp of no-censorship so I want all art to stay up (unless it breaks the law and you risk loosing the servers and go to prison - just be glad servers aren’t in Germany). I just wanted to point out that everything in this world have done good and bad things. You will find horror stories and rose read stories in all. I just want people to be able to shitpost and draw what they want no matter what subject. If art isn’t allowed to shock what is the point of art.
Background Pony #40B0
@Background Pony #FBF3  
Don’t worry it was sarcasm. In North America they’re not taught much about all the horrible shit Communism did to the countries the USSR occupied (or the Asian countries communism affected). They only ever hear about the atrocities the Nazis committed, they seldom (if ever) give any large focus to the atrocities committed in the name of Communism. I don’t know why, it’s just the way it is.
Background Pony #EC55
I don’t understand why we can’t just have rules barring personal attacks on the site as far as content rules go. If you want to draw a Nazi horse, fine, just as long at it isn’t gassing another poster you don’t like.
Background Pony #EC55
@Background Pony #13F1  
When you say literal who do you mean the artist is not targeting anyone in specific and is just drawing dumb Nazi art? Sure.

My thinking on it is simple, you can’t tell another user in the forum or comment section that you are going to kill them, so drawing a picture of you doing it is also not allowed. If the “victim” is a random pony I would leave it.
Background Pony #EC55
@Latecomer  
If it is just generic groups? Yes. Same if you wanted to draw commie ponies lining up and shooting nazi ponies. The problem is if those Nazi ponies are the OCs of people in the fandom.
Background Pony #4555
@Latecomer  
Not sure if you linked wrong poster. But some might have been a bit shocked that it took Twilight only a few hours to learn every trick and knowledge Zecora had to teach.

@Background Pony #6C09  
@Barhandar  
Germany also bans blood in video games, unless that rule have changed in recent years but I doubt it.
Background Pony #6C09
@Raptorshy  
Question: what was the actual problem with the rules pre-drama? What is the issue with going back exactly to how they were?  
Blatant attacks were already against the rules. Propaganda, recruitment, advertisement was already against the rules. What, exactly, is the rationale behind “tightening” things? Was there actually any “evil” content that was being posted and mods wanted to delete, but couldn’t, because the policies weren’t “tight enough”?

I just want to know, is there a real problem that’s being fixed, or is it just because you feel you have to do something against the “evil nazis” and/or feel the need to compromise with those calling for censorship? Because I really believe the site functioned pretty much fine for 8 years, with maybe the main problem being lack of moderator transparency. And based on this impression, your actions right now look like just pandering, just to be able to say “look, we compromised!” to the guys calling for more censorship, despite there being otherwise no real reason to tighten censorship.

That, or you’re really going back to how the rules mostly were, deleting the most egregious stuff and otherwise being lax. But if that’s the case, then please state so clearly, because you (general you, as in staff) have been dancing around the issue so carefully that it sounds like you’re really, really trying not to ever say directly “we’re going back to the previous rules”. At which point we have no choice but to believe that you are, in fact, introducing tighter censorship.
Background Pony #3117
@Raptorshy  
“[your brand of political humor is wrong and despicable, but my brand of political humor is hilarious]”

you do realize Communism wrecked Europe as well, right? The implication that Europe is somehow super sensitive to Nazi humor is laughable. That’s like saying Americans don’t joke about 9/11.

And the Cold War is more recent than World War 2, so ‘fresh wounds’ isn’t an argument either.

This all reeks of badly disguised bias.
Background Pony #125B
@Background Pony #6C09  
Yea honestly this, i’m tired of all this dancing just state clearly what your going to do. Its really all we ask. I’f your plan really is to buy time until everything calms down i can say right now its not going to work.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed