The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #8B38
@Skoon  
Ah yes, now I see, he indeed has reverted to his true state, masks off.  
Well, so it proves it, he was just another twitter drone with absent thinking all along, not just some rookie demagogue that overestimated himself.

@Datte-Before-Dawn  
He came in here himself. I did tell him right away, that he is not welcomed here with his hilariously patronizing attitude, considering how many logical fallacies he makes intentionally or not, in the best case; or being an outright malicious snake that knows he is trying to make people buy into his, even if not masterfully crafted, lies the - in the worst.
Datte-Before-Dawn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Lady's Wink -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

Undesirable
@Zatss  
There’s common ground to be had, that’s all it should take.

I don’t wanna organize shit cos there’s nothing to organize. I didn’t even want to put myself out there like this, but someone had to because it’s worth fighting for.

I implore you to try if you know better
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Zatss  
I’m not about to dox myself by revealing IRL people I know.  
@Armagedonus  
Deconverting from cults doesn’t make you immune to persuasion of other cults. Or having friends become “friends” in the cult and pulling you in because you’d rather keep them than stay out.  
Additionally if someone is getting out of one cult, and people keep being hostile and treating them as being all the way in said cult, that can push them to pendulum straight into a different, just as unhealthy, environment because it has provided a (malignant) support that “regular people” did not.

@Zatss  
Oh, speaking of the above, that made me rethink it a bit. The “from white supremacist into SJW” one is Whatsapokemon.

@spookitty  
Never interacted with them.
Background Pony #4853
For what it’s worth, I’m honestly happy to see the artists in this thread sticking to their principles. I wonder why the internet at large has gone down this path where censorship and deplatforming is socially acceptable. I dunno, but I just miss the internet of the early 10s when this wasn’t a huge huge concern.
JaggedCarpet
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@Skoon
Ah yes, now I see, he indeed has reverted to his true state, masks off.
Well, so it proves it, he was just another twitter drone with absent thinking all along, not just some rookie demagogue that overestimated himself.
@Datte-Before-Dawn
He came in here himself. I did tell him right away, that he is not welcomed here with his hilariously patronizing attitude, considering how many logical fallacies he makes intentionally or not, in the best case; or being an outright malicious snake that knows he is trying to make people buy into his, even if not masterfully crafted, lies the - in the worst.

Or maybe it’s because you kept badgering him over and over until he got fed up and struck back?
KonigBouncer
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

LibertyIsNonNegotiable
@Latecomer  
I’m not sure if anyone knows this, but Montana is full of Neo-Nazis, albeit no one ever hears about it. It’s because they don’t want to start any shit that would get them destroyed by the military. The whole point of having an open website with filters is that you can filter out what you don’t want to see, since most people can’t handle political stances. No matter where you go in the world you’re going to see evil and everyone just wants to hide it instead of show what it is. Then when they do show the evil, it’s the media sensationalizing it like it’s a good thing that everyone should do. I wholeheartedly blame social media and journalism for portraying things incorrectly. They’re so biased that is spreads to everyone else simple-minded enough to believe it. Some of these news websites may very well just be posting Nazi propaganda; it certainly feels like it anyhow.
AngelBirb
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

On Hiatus
Must be nice to be able to go to work every day and write slander and demonize normal every day people and leave with a check at the end of the week with no consequences. Yet when confronted they whine and cry victim. I don’t know why there are so many sheep in the world who blindly follow these faceless “journalism” websites, if you can even call them that. They’re political activists that want no bad in the world and will lie and deceive just to get what they want. Oh well. I don’t need to be here any more if they’re allowing these people to govern what we can and can’t do on this site. Peace.
Archive_Anon
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Undesirable
Man, things have gotten so out of hand while I was away. Mostly caught up, but I genuinely don’t even know what to think any more.

So much hate and vitriol from both sides, and its spilling forth from those who were just yesterday asking for calm and collected thoughts.

Please take a moment to think before you post something, don’t devolve in to knee-jerk reaction nonsense that led to this in the first place. There are many good points that can be made, but arguing is trumping that right now.

I saw this post just a bit ago over in the 4chan thread, and it brings up a very good point. I’m choosing to block the artists name because it honestly is irrelevant to the point being made, and I’d request that others respect that.

full

It is a very good argument on the actual topic still at hand here, which is in the end, freedom of expression, from the perspective of someone who has apparently lived through some period of censorship lobbied against homosexuals which at the time were viewed as ‘evil’ by man. As a source of corruption of the youth.
Background Pony #8B38
@JaggedCarpet  
Maybe. Wouldn’t have happened if he explained his unique use of the concept of “compromise” one of those 3 times I asked him to do so, or two other times when asked by other people, who did not “badger” him a bit.
Latecomer

@KonigBouncer  
This site has owners. If those owners hate Nazis and everything they stand for, why should they be obligated to platform them?

@Archive_Anon  
A good point… but is it really not possible to actually distinguish between good things and bad ones, instead of jusdt permitting indiscrminatly? Being gay is harmless - I really hope no-one is going to claim that Nazism is.
Archive_Anon

Undesirable
but is it really not possible to actually distinguish between good things and bad ones

Being gay is harmless

Tell these things to early-mid 1900s era nation wide television programming. It was nationally accepted during this period that homosexuals were literally evil, and they were trying their hardest to corrupt our nations youth to their sinful ways. This is not exaggeration, it is reality of less than as recent as 50 years ago.

We as a species advanced to the point of landing men on the moon long before we as a species accepted in majority that maybe gays were not in fact a horrific evil.

So to answer your question, no, it is NOT possible to distinguish good from evil in such a black and white sense like you are talking about. It just is not possible.
KonigBouncer
Artist -

LibertyIsNonNegotiable
@Latecomer  
I take it we should just go to Montana and indiscriminately kill everyone who even gives a hint of Nazism. Even the comedians. You can’t escape from the horrible things that exist, you can only make people aware of their existence. I believe there should be freedom of expression that people can ignore, not communist China beliefs that you hold.
Background Pony #14C5
@Archive_Anon  
Logically and empirically though you can easily distinguish between these two things- what people push / say is one thing and what ideology / tenets of it are entirely another. I don’t think conflating these two things as equivalent really works.
Amm

Shoutout to Cammy
@Latecomer  
They’re not. Neither are they obligated the art of people that want a censorship free environment and community. That’s what happened before the Twitter idiots decided to start targeting their patreon in particular.
Derwol
Non-Fungible Trixie -

At this point I say just make a damn sitewide poll. Only allow people that have had an account for at least 1 year to vote - voila, community’s opinion is clear.
JaggedCarpet
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@JaggedCarpet
Maybe. Wouldn’t have happened if he explained his unique use of the concept of “compromise” one of those 3 times I asked him to do so, or two other times when asked by other people, who did not “badger” him a bit.

@Background Pony #8B38  
But he did explain what he meant by “compromise”. Here’s a quote of his post:

“ It’s trying to see past yourself and understand the opposing sentiment. It’s shedding selfishness. What’s giving up the Nazi swastika if it means there’s a chance to return to cohesive function all around?

Now, I get it, I keep saying I get it, the concern is the opposition moving onto the next thing. However, if you extended the olive branch and said, “Okay, let’s try this, here’s the deal.” then you have the undeniable high ground if the other side continues to sour afterward.

Then if a fight is still necessary, more people are inclined to stand with the side that showed more self restraint.

Or maybe I’m wrong too, but hell, we’re human.”

I don’t really agree with it, but it is the answer to your question.
Latecomer

@Archive_Anon  
So there’s no choice but to allow everything, without limits?

@KonigBouncer  
You really don’t want to hear my anser to that one… but no, I realsie murder is a bit extreme. Changing the policy of a website, on the other hand, is very _un_extreme.

@Derwol  
Seems like a democratic plan.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed