The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #81CE
@Datte-Before-Dawn  
Sure they’ve been playing nice here where artists are complaining about their decisions, but they were called out for pulling bullshit in a comment section as mentioned in the Concerned Users thread.
Background Pony #7C5E
@Derpy Whooves  
Correct, and i never said that.  
I said that you’re de facto the moderator representative because you’re the only one actually communicating.  
It doesnt matter if you say “It’s just your personal opinion” when your personal opinion has a direct effect on the rule enforcement we’re talking about here and it’s the only one people have to work with.  
As long as you’re the only one talking, people are going to blame you simply for lack of any other outlet, despite the fact you seem to disapprove of it and agree that it’s a poor idea overrall. (I may have misunderstood some of your comments, feel free to correct me on that.)  
To my knowledge, there hasnt been a single mod publicly state they approve of this new rule since this kicked off, even in the thread that’s specifically for praising you guys for the decision.  
So, again, what are people supposed to think when the only comments from site staff they can see are those that disapprove of what’s happening, but are deleting and banning things anyway.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #81CE  
Sigh. Ok. Hopefully without exposing who you are or violating your anonymity … please stop treating this like some sort of magical opportunity to eliminate things you don’t like from the site.

IRL bestiality and pedophilia are already not permitted on this site. If you want to redefine existing tags on the site as being those things, open a new thread in the Tagging Discussion forums and make your proposal.

And as foalcon and bestiality offend you, please filter them and stop complaining on images with those themes or attacking users who enjoy them.

Welcome back from your ban, if you want another one we can help.

@Background Pony #7C5E  
I’m sorry, I really am. If I see a question I may be able to answer, I try to answer it. Personally I’d rather be welcoming new artists to the site instead of helping some of my favorite artists leave it. But this is a fan run fansite staffed by volunteers, and the only reason I’ve been available is that I’m recovering from Covid and so not at work.

When I return to work in a few hours, then I’ll be gone, too. So I wanted to help if I could with the time that I had. I hope that I was able to provide at least a little insight into our processes and how we handle some of these things, and was able to at least answer a couple questions.

Also I really enjoyed nabbing that fucking sockpuppet who was playing both sides against the other. I hate those kinds of trolls. So that was enjoyable, and hopefully it has made this thread and some others more sane.
Background Pony #6D9D
@Derpy Whooves  
>The information is public.  
This is all that matters then, if you do not want people including it on lists then your site should not be providing it.

>But someone being on that list doesn’t mean they DNPed to support this protest.  
No one is claiming this is a definitive list but having names on it makes it far more readable. This is raw data but helps paint a more clear picture.
Background Pony #81CE
@Derpy Whooves  
Buddy, I don’t hate any of that stuff or want anything removed. It’s literally just the arguments used to justify this ban being flipped and a topic I’m perfectly willing to drop now that I’m back.  
And is pointing out that moderators were unfairly moderating against the rules now? Are you denying that fact?
Candel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

sleepyhoers
I’ve wound up deciding to DNP my work. I haven’t requested my current uploaded work be deleted, as I’m waiting for some sort of clear communication from the moderation team as a whole about what’s going on. If things are reverted, then I’ll probably stay. If it’s clear that things are not going to change and are only going to spiral further downwards from here, then I will likely be moving my work elsewhere and removing it from here.
Background Pony #3361
@Derpy Whooves  
>And as foalcon and bestiality offend you, please filter them and stop complaining on images with those themes or attacking users who enjoy them.  
Why does this argument suddenly not apply when it comes to Aryanne anymore?
Wispy Tuft
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
Freedom of speech is paramount to a thiving free community. I will be uploading my art elsewhere until the fascists modderating this site take a look in the mirror.

@admins Unblock the art that doesnt suit your personal politics. Grow up and learn that free expression is more important than safe spaces. ADD AN A-POLITICAL SEARCH FILTER.  
Censoring art is akin to book-burning
Derwol
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Cammera
I understand you don’t have any sympathy for what I and others on staff are going through this month

What “others on staff” are going through? What are the others doing? You said you’re the only person on staff actually handling DNPs and takedowns, the rest of the staff to an user like me appears to be doing nothing besides moderating comments. TFP made a comment or two patronizing the users and then fucked off, Mikey made two comments and fucked off, Parasprite made 2 comments and fucked off, the rest of the staff I hadn’t seen even once. From a user’s perspective the staff is extremely inactive.
Wispy Tuft
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Bronze Bit -
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
@Derwol  
Right? And god forbid the admins feel fire under their asses from banning art and shutting down freedom of expression.

I have no sympathy for those who throw the first punch and I hope this is a very stressful time for you admins. It should be.  
They’ve made a huge mistake and are doubling down.  
Freedom of expression is under attack.
Wispy Tuft
Bronze Bit -
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
The Saddest thing is, I had some actual respect for the mods on this site, I loved derpi and appreciated the open platform. This was a fan project built from the ground up to accomidate the huge influx of fans and art flooding into the fandom.  
The admins have thrown it down the damn drain.  
In a desperate attempt to virtue signal their personal beliefs they’ve damaged the largest pony art site on the internet.

The fandom DOES have a nazi problem and you wont find it in the Arianne parody art, you’ll find it in the systematic deletion and censorship of said art from the mods.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Derwol  
I’ve decided I no longer want to deal with this mess, because it’s stressed the hell out of me, since the previous policy change. Saying anything in the first place was a mistake. I said some dumb things, yes. I have thought about stepping down until but I’m not sure.
Cammera
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Undesirable
@Derpy Whooves  
I am using the royal You when saying “Causes endless drama.”. I explicitly mentioned that you’re one of two people who have not talked to start shit.  
Public statements  
SO let me get this right, you riled up a group of people who is triggerhappy to doxx and harass people, and you want artists to also expose themselves in drawing the ire of said group.  
No.  
What about no.  
Artists, everyone has a god-given right to safety, and you have no right to even politely ask that they compromise it when they don’t want to.
Wispy Tuft
Bronze Bit -
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
@Mikey  
Good. Feel stressed. Feel bad. Change shit or quit.  
This is bloody heartbreaking.  
Censoring art is NEVER the answer.  
It doesnt matter weither you’re a-political or political. You should care enough about your personal freedom and the freedom of those you know you protect freedom of expression as a general rule AT ALL COSTS.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Wispy Tuft  
I don’t like censorship. I cannot change anything alone, however. For now I’m taking a break from this drama and I don’t think I’ll be touching it anymore.  
That being said, I don’t think it was done out of malice, but rather good intentions that are misplaced.
Cammera
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Undesirable
@Mikey  
Oh, that’s sad. My friend, pretty bad depression already, the policy hit him right in the balls. Me, I have respiratory and circulatory issues and my fingertips go purple from lack of oxygen when I walk for too long. Both get worse with stress, which the policy you endorse to by being in the modteam has caused.  
Nope, no pity. In most situations I’d at least try to have sympathy, but not much in this one.
Wispy Tuft
Bronze Bit -
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
People are stuck in quaintine while their cities riot and burn. Peaceful protestors are shoved to the side by thugs and useful idiots. Now the admins seek to start suffocating us when we attempt to escape reality online.

This is the absolute worst time you could have enacted a censorship rule.

This was an open forum where people could escape real life and have some fun posting and browsing ponies.
Wispy Tuft
Bronze Bit -
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
@Mikey  
Your good intentions cant replace my freedom of expression. Contact other mods. Fix this problem. Gather the mods who dont agree with censorship and confront the ones who do. This will not stand. This is our art, our forum and we refuse to see it censored.
Background Pony #45D8
@Mikey  
you have entered into this mess since the BLM movement (that ambiguous tweet). A few users were foreseeing that you were planting the seeds for more drama and arise more questions (in the wrong sense for the users who normally visit this site/use the forums).

Some people were warning about the slippery slope but you didn´t listen, you stood in your Discord chat without paying attention to those who were genuinely worried about this change of direction all of a sudden, shadowbanning people who disliked the political BLM mouthpieces from a certain twitter artist (among other images related to that movement)

Those rules and personal biases from the staff haven´t helped and you are constantly using them for avoiding several key responses that need to be known publicly. Step down if you want…because both EQD and Derpi have decided for some reason to cater to Twitter users who don´t support free speech and posted several political mouthpieces. But hey, the solution was to put the blame on /mlp/ because they were all nazis as Wootmaster wanted to expose on that Atlantic article.

Hey, there must be a certain amount of responsibility from the people who are in the power (including you) to decide what´s acceptable and what it isn´t in this site. You have decided to take the censorship path without any consistent justification…

But something is telling me that the staff of this site hasn´t been listening to the users all that much so, don´t be surprised if there are more people disappointed towards these questionable actions.
Background Pony #47F5
I think we need to settle down a little bit. We’re getting close to personal attacks territory and that’s just asking for the thread to be locked.
Wispy Tuft
Bronze Bit -
Artist -

Sphinx Aficionado
@Background Pony #47F5  
The problem is this. When someone shuts down your freedom of expression they are personally attacking you.  
People need to understand that censorship of freedom of expression is not acceptable.  
I agree with the general sentiment. Keep it civil
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed