The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #7FE3
@Datte-Before-Dawn  
The staff are too busy letting people like Texas and Hermaeus react to others with teenage angst while rule 0/6ing everyone else to pay attention to how the residents of this soviet union are ready to storm the government quarter.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Datte-Before-Dawn  
It is possible that your intentions were misinterpreted by some of the people who are supporting your protest against this site.

@Derwol  
Without denying or confirming your statements about whether I agree with the situation, I want to help artists and users so I am going to keep doing that.

I think too many other sites don’t care enough about artists’ rights, and I want to make sure that artists know that on this site they retain their rights.

And seeing that the report that was opened against this thread was utter bullshit, I am now leaving again and am going to give the reporter a few moments consideration before returning to artist takedowns.
Background Pony #6D9D
@Derpy Whooves  
I believe the point was more about sending a message than bogging you down and making you incapable of doing anything else. You are being disingenuous in your representation of this.
Background Pony #F107
For anyone interested, I scraped through new DNPs to find which artists have assigned to this thing. The pastebin link should expired in 1 week.  
https://pastebin.com/JHTSiBSe

Please note, that the list might already be outdated and there’re probably some false positives included.  
If this is too much for some people, mods can delete this post. Keep in mind, though, that this data is freely available, at least for now.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #F107  
In the future, please do not include PHP artists in the data. They have specifically requested that they remain anonymous and not be embroiled in any of this.

Also, you are including artists in that list who DNP’ed because they were tired of harassment from users here, artists who DNPed because they do not want to be professionally associated with what is happening in this fandom, and people who simply DNPed because their parents found their NSFW art.

It might be more useful (and less intrusive of other people’s choices) to simply look for people making public statements in this thread. That way you have a list of actual artists’ intent, rather than a snapshot of anyone who made a DNP request for any reason.
Background Pony #BDEB
Also, you are including artists in that list who DNP’ed because they were tired of harassment from users here, artists who DNPed because they do not want to be professionally associated with what is happening in this fandom, and people who simply DNPed because their parents found their NSFW art.

And in the case of people who fall into those categories, I saw mentions on /mlpol/ about how they will upload those artist’s images to the new sites against their will. Nice job making it easier for them to get that info.
Background Pony #F107
@Derpy Whooves  
I’ll leave this to that one post.  
My scraping method was pretty barebones, just see what’s on /dnp/:id. Many people left the reasons unknown, hence the possibility of false positives. I can’t say I was aware of every artists wishes.
Cammera
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Wallet After Summer Sale -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Undesirable
Piss off everyone involved  
Cause endless drama  
Refuse to respond  
The very few times someone other than you or Mike have talked it’s been to piss off more people to dunk on le evil naseees  
Artists want to leave the site or even the fandom, some out of having politics bruteforced into their artspace after this sheer shitshow of a year  
“They’re giving us so much work :(”  
I don’t feel particularly bad for you, no.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Cammera  
I understand you don’t have any sympathy for what I and others on staff are going through this month, but I don’t feel that it’s fair to say that I personally have pissed everyone off, or that I personally have caused endless drama, or that I personally have refused to respond. And it’s clear from the comments I’m receiving that some people feel one purpose of this protest was to cause so much work that staff would not be able to handle it and would quit.

@Background Pony #F107  
If you could, please at least omit the artist:php### entries.

Personally, I think it would be more fair to artists to use their PUBLIC statements about their support of this protest, rather than their PRIVATE requests for control of their own art. Some of those artists went DNP because people kept editing their art to insert messages they do not agree with, and it’s not fair to lump them in with the supporters of this protest.
Background Pony #5E45
@Background Pony #F107  
My feelings are very mixed. On the one hand, the potential targets problem (this is why I anonpost on this shit, I’d rather be ad hom called a coward by the woke squad when anonposting than have those losers come after me, though I don’t use anon to say vile shit anyways), but on the other, it’s good to highlight just how much of an impact this rule change will have.

@Derpy Whooves  
@Derpy Whooves  
I dunno what you think but my cautious guess is that all but 2, maybe 3 or 4, people on there are against the rule change lol

For anti-deletion context there are 25 entries on the list

@Datte-Before-Dawn  
It does not, I think. That’s probably part of why there are holes in accessing this data (the other part is probably just hiding some DNPs on purpose, by request. Or DNPs that were cancelled I suppose.)

There’s not much I can do as a non-artist who wishes to continue using the site for what its purpose should have been - an art archival platform. But I can stop actively improving it by ceasing to upload images or edit metadata.
Cammera
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Undesirable
@Cammera  
And I hesitated to say this, but I have friends who were dealing with a lot of stress and depression, who have never drawn Aryanne in the first place, who have been moved to leave the fandom because of the shitfest.  
THIS IS WHAT DOES HARM TO PEOPLE, CAUSING DRAMA THAT ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO HARASS AND WITCHHUNT PEOPLE WHO IS ALREADY MENTALLY UNWELL.  
AND DON’T GODDAMN TELL ME YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT THE SJW TYPES DO WHEN THEY RECEIVE ANYTHING THEY PERCEIVE AS JUSTIFICATION FROM PEOPLE WITH EVEN THE MOST PETTY FORM OF AUTHORITY, BECAUSE YOU DAMN WELL DO. THEY HAVE DRIVEN PEOPLE TO SUICIDE.
Background Pony #81CE
@Cammera  
With the mods’ biased deletion of comments and posts, I’m pretty sure you’re just yelling at the same sort of people you’re yelling about.
Background Pony #7C5E
but I don’t feel that it’s fair to say that I personally have pissed everyone off, or that I personally have caused endless drama

To play devils advocate for a moment, your attempts to communicate during all of this are admirable, yet also making things worse when  
A) You’re pretty much the only one talking, meaning people have to assume your words are representative of the site staff.  
B) What you say turns out not to be what the site staff do.  
When you say things like “This one should be fine, we probably wont ban this.” and then it gets banned, people dont really know what to think.
Background Pony #6D9D
@Derpy Whooves  
Lol look at this damage control trying to cover up the fact some big names are on that list. It’s publicly available info I mean he pulled it through your api, if you wanted to keep that private before why wouldn’t you anonimize it to begin with?
Datte-Before-Dawn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Lady's Wink -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

Undesirable
Mods have been pretty fair in this thread, in regards to comment deletion.

And they haven’t done the whole “inflammatory garbage” bullshit here, either. So kudos to that.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Datte-Before-Dawn  
You’re welcome.

@Background Pony #6D9D  
The information is public.

But someone being on that list doesn’t mean they DNPed to support this protest.

If you want a clear statement of support, which you SHOULD want, gather the public comments from this thread. Those are hard, serious, 100% support of your protest.

At that point whether the artist went DNP or merely promised TO go DNP at some point doesn’t matter - they support your protest.

And then you aren’t gathering in people who might be perceived to be supporters when they in fact went DNP for entirely unrelated reasons.

Plus you won’t be missing people who pledged their intent but haven’t actually followed through yet. Those are also your supporters, and if you just look at completed DNPs you’re missing them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed