Viewing last 25 versions of post by Barhandar in topic The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
"@Background Pony #C37A":/forums/meta/topics/the-anti-censorship-dnp-pledge?post_id=4840210#post_4840210
Then some people will leave and the _entire staff team_ will be distrusted, as they're obviously not capable of preventing censorship from happening (again).
"@Background Pony #C37A":/forums/meta/topics/the-anti-censorship-dnp-pledge?post_id=4840212#post_4840212
If they _genuinely_ acted under duress, can prove it, _and_ have managed to remove the source of duress, there is no reason to resign (BUT also no reason to hold onto the changes), just probation to safeguard from this being done again. So no, "unconditional" resignation isn't what I call for, _however_ due to the circumstances involved in this - including repeatedly and publicly stated opinions of said admins - it very much approaches unconditional; the head-staff appear to be _in favor of this change on personal level_ and acting under duress is extremely unlikely.

P.S. Now that I have formulated my thoughts a bit more, the responsible head-staff must be _unconditionally_ barred from making "accepting new staff", i.e. HR, decisions and hence ability to manipulate staff positions, as I believe said decisions _can and will_ become politically motivated. And the hiring process needs standards to make sure it doesn't result in staff of just one (or extremely similar) ideology, regardless of what said ideology is.
However, this is independent of the "don't do censorship" point.

P.P.S. Now that I've pondered this a bit more, it's basically probation and I am willing to downgrade "resign" to "be put on probation until you're capable of no longer bringing your political stance into the rules". As such my stance now is "undo censorship, undo enforcement of censorship, put the head-staff responsible for this in probation where they can prove they'll no longer go full political", probation being basically moderator/assistant position that doesn't have access to abilities of changing rules, hiring new staff, or erasing the tracks, but can still moderate == prove not involving politics anymore.
No reason given
Edited by Barhandar
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

(twi|pony)booru.org
"@Background Pony #C37A":/forums/meta/topics/the-anti-censorship-dnp-pledge?post_id=4840210#post_4840210
Then some people will leave and the _entire staff team_ will be distrusted, as they're obviously not capable of preventing censorship from happening (again).
"@Background Pony #C37A":/forums/meta/topics/the-anti-censorship-dnp-pledge?post_id=4840212#post_4840212
If they _genuinely_ acted under duress, can prove it, _and_ have managed to remove the source of duress, there is no reason to resign (BUT also no reason to hold onto the changes), just probation to safeguard from this being done again. So no, "unconditional" resignation isn't what I call for, _however_ due to the circumstances involved in this - including repeatedly and publicly stated opinions of said admins - it very much approaches unconditional; the head-staff appear to be _in favor of this change on personal level_ and acting under duress is extremely unlikely.

P.S. Now that I have formulated my thoughts a bit more, the responsible head-staff must be _unconditionally_ barred from making "accepting new staff", i.e. HR, decisions and hence ability to manipulate staff positions, as I believe said decisions _can and will_ become politically motivated. And the hiring process needs standards to make sure it doesn't result in staff of just one (or extremely similar) ideology, regardless of what said ideology is.

P.P.S. Now that I've pondered this a bit more, it's basically probation and I am willing to downgrade "resign" to "be put on probation until you're capable of no longer bringing your political stance into the rules". As such my stance now is "undo censorship, undo enforcement of censorship, put the head-staff responsible for this in probation where they can prove they'll no longer go full political", probation being basically moderator/assistant position that doesn't have access to abilities of changing rules, hiring new staff, or erasing the tracks, but can still moderate.
No reason given
Edited by Barhandar
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org

P.P.S. Now that I've pondered this a bit more, it's basically probation and I am willing to downgrade "resign" to "be put on probation until you're capable of no longer bringing your political stance into the rules". As such my stance now is "undo censorship, undo enforcement of censorship, put the head-staff responsible for this in probation where they can prove they'll no longer go full political.
No reason given
Edited by Barhandar
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org

P.S. Now that I have formulated my thoughts a bit more, the responsible head-staff must be _unconditionally_ barred from making "accepting new staff", i.e. HR, decisions and hence ability to manipulate staff positions, as I believe said decisions _can and will_ become politically motivated.
No reason given
Edited by Barhandar
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
No reason given
Edited by Barhandar
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
If they _genuinely_ acted under duress, can prove it, _and_ have managed to remove the source of duress, there is no reason to resign, just probation to safeguard from this being done again. So no, "unconditional" resignation isn't what I call for, _however_ due to the circumstances involved in this - including repeatedly and publicly stated opinions of said admins - it very much approaches unconditional; the head-staff appear to be _in favor of this change on personal level_ and acting under duress is extremely unlikely.
No reason given
Edited by Barhandar