Thankyou Derpibooru for helping raise over 11000$ for anti-cesorship charity! :D

Background Pony #C52F
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycMdO4SGrxk

This would not have been made possible without your huge censorship oof.

BUT most of all, I would like to thank all the pones whom believe in free speech and expression, and civil rights and liberties, you pones are the real definition of liberalism, not what ever this bull shit authoritarian censorship regime whom stole the word liberal.

remember pones, live and let live, and the best tool against hate speech is more speech

full
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
At least one good thing to come out of this mess, even though I don’t fully agree with the premise of your post concerning responsibilities, nor its dubious spelling.

@LightningBolt  
But thanks for acknowledging me

If I make a joke about self centered girls, do I get banned?  
:^)
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
@LightningBolt  
Boring… I liked it better when I was a mod and we were always fighting.

Also you’re derailing a thread about the art pack, that’s not very professional. Give praise for the charity work already, and I challenge you to not use the word “me” once per phrase, you goddamn weirdo.
Background Pony #CACA
Awesome work!

And everyone who dares to say that these supporters of freedom are nazi supporters should remember the show’s episode ‘Sounds of Silence’!

All the Kirins got into heated arguments with each other, so Rain Shine decided to ban all free speech to keep the peace. With no one able to say anything no one turned into Niriks anymore, but they lost the ability to talk and feel and that definitely wasn’t worth it. It was the perfect lesson on what happens when you start censoring things that might offend someone.
Grave_Mind
Since the Beginning  -

Dredgen
@Twi Clown  
I’m sad that this shit is still going on. I want this whole damn controversy to be over already. I’m way, WAY past giving a shit about either side. You’re all fucking clowns.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Grave_Mind  
Do you?

Fascism; “A governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.”

So, let’s review what aspects of this the administration are adopting with their new policy, shall we?

Unilateral action = those at the top possessing complete power over what’s allowed in the archive, so check. Suppression of opposition is absolutely check if the rules currently implemented go into effect, as all the art that they don’t like, parody and satire included as I have explained and not been answered will be removed from the archives of the community, thus preventing any opposition from expressing their voice. The regimenting of industry, in this case, also applies because art is the only dealing of the website and they are seeking to place restrictions on what is allowed to be shared that go beyond the pale as outlined before, so that’s a check too. Lastly, most of their current arguments including deferring to new internal processes as objective and attempting to foster unquestioning trust in themselves despite the recent debacles that have been caused by them and the leaked information about their actions mirror nationalism, though it’s distant enough that they’re not promoting this site as the only worthy pony site, so this is not a check. Obviously racism does not apply.

3/5, and they’re just getting started on censorship. Censorship is only ever undertaken by authoritarians in power attempting to suppress thoughts and ideas they don’t like. Whether the site staff is being pressured into doing this or not, whoever it’s coming from is an authoritarian (read: has commonalities with fascism) and is far more like a Nazi than anyone making or posting Aryanne on this site ever was.
Grave_Mind
Since the Beginning  -

Dredgen
@Northern  
Oh my fucking god…

Stop. Just stop. That’s all I want out of you. Out of everyone. On both sides. Stop. Just. Stop. This has been going on way too fucking long.

Just.

Stop.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Grave_Mind  
I would rather see the pony community not be ideologically bullied into submission than preserve this particular archive. Someplace new will pop up that will archive all the art of the community, the only reason I hold this archive to the moral standard of anti-censorship is that they declared themselves, publicly, to be an art archive, making them the primary art archive for the whole of the pony community. They, therefore, have a duty to represent that whole without bias.

As I said, I don’t want them to burn, I just want them to listen. If they won’t listen, then someone needs to gather this whole archive and find a way to preserve that freedom and the core mission elsewhere.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Nobody can stay on topic, it seems