Takedown notice and ask for Ban for user who commited a Discrimnatory art against myself.

ZippySqrl
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art and really hates Applejack
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Lady's Wink -
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Tired Artist
@Mike  
Funny thing is, what he’s doing could also be considered harassment. Threatening to take legal action because the owner of the site won’t do what he says, simply because he thinks he’s right?

Getting upset about how someone drew a doodle of a character he identifies as, and because it offends him he thinks that counts as harassment. And he thinks that’s reason enough to force people to delete it, threatening legal action if they don’t?  
There’s some silly things on the internet, but this.. this is something.

full
Derphorse

@Mike

But, the art isn’t even mine. I don’t even own the art, it’s only supposed to represent me. The only one who should be judged is the one who created it.
Derphorse

@Mike

It’s not an argument, it’s a refusal to adhere to someone’s request to takedown some stupid art that shouldn’t be a problem 1. Discrimination because the user’s background.

2. Allowing harassment, while Corruption in the moderation is prevalent.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Omegastyle

US courts in particular apply a distinctiveness test to characters to determine whether they can qualify for copyright protection. If a character isn’t sufficiently distinct, it doesn’t quality. Individual pieces of art depicting that character qualify for copyright protection but the character itself cannot be protected as a distinct entity. It can, however, be trademarked, but trademarks are expensive and require active legal protection in order to retain the mark.

Hasbro doesn’t own your character. Strictly speaking, nobody owns your charcter. In realistic terms it isn’t an issue 99% of the time as most people will generally apply common sense to the matter and acknowledge your defacto ownership of the character, but you can have no legal recourse to protect your character from exploitation by other parties.

This is ignoring the mushy grey area of copyright and fanworks in general. By and large, worldwide copyright law has been moving in a general direction of allowing greater fair-use rights of copyright and trademarked characters for non-profit or derived works on the level of fanfiction and fanart. What test cases exist have broadened the scope of the individual’s right to make derivative works of other IP, as long as they are not directly impacting the IP owner’s ability to exploit their own property.

tl;dr it’s all a bit squishy, but you can’t demand legal protection of your character unless they’re sufficiently distinct. Characters that are created as parts of derivative works generally aren’t sufficiently distinct.
Derphorse

@Archonix

Again, it’s not my character, its a representation that isn’t suitable or is offensive.

This case could easily go the route of “Black Face” or simply discrimination against an individual for acts done.
Derphorse

@LightningBolt

Because I will go through with this. I’m very serious just like you said. And first thing in the morning I’m getting a consultation.

This will end. This will definitely end.

I give no fucks.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: thanks for the keks