Tag descriptions

Site and Policy » Tag descriptions Search Posts
JustGoAway
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Responsible Disclosure - Hidden vote counts being revealed when voting

It's just pictures.
Seeing that there is some occasional confusion regarding some tags, I would like to suggest adding descriptions to them in some way.

e621.net has these descriptions when you open a tag, look to the left and click on the “wiki” button (I still wonder why it’s called “wiki”, by the way). Maybe something similar could be implemented? I admit that it would be helpful if they could pop up if you hover your cursor over a tag.

%(And speaking of tags: filtering combinations of tags, pretty pretty please?)%
sirvancelot
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
A Perfectly Normal Pony - SirVancebutt
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Since Derpibooru does not use traditional booru setups like Danbooru, the admins would have to make something new to accommodate that. Not that it’s a bad idea, but they’d also have to decide on and write definitions for the tags and I can imagine that taking quite a while. Plus, many tags, like the not salmon tag, are basically in-jokes and defining them would take some of the fun out of it! (To be honest, even I don’t really get it…)

But if this was limited to the tags which cause the most confusion, then I can see it being good. Though unless the tag definitions actually popped up when you hovered over a tag in an image, I don’t think it would fix the common tag mix-ups, such as people tagging macro when they mean image macro, since having to click on the tag to look at the definition is unfortunately likely more effort than most people are willing to go through. full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide