Tag Aliases - Read the first page before suggesting.

DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DragonWraith> fish are not for sexual
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

power armor and related tags are a bit of a mess right now.

power armor needs to be un-aliased from powered exoskeleton.  
Then power armour needs to be aliased to power armor (for consistency of spelling).  
Also, power armor (fallout) needs to be aliased to power armor.  
Finally, powered exoskeleton needs to lose the armor implication, both of which in turn need to be added to power armor.

In summary:  
Remove aliases:  
power armor from powered exoskeleton  
Remove implications:  
armor from powered exoskeleton  
Add aliases:  
power armor (fallout) -> power armor  
power armour -> power armor  
Add implications:  
power armor -> armor, powered exoskeleton
Kappe
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@saby  
@DragonWraith  
If you’re trying to suggest revolvers are not pistols and only automatics can be referred to as pistols, you’d be wrong. That’s a complete fabrication made up by modern gun nuts to make them feel smart.

full
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@DragonWraith  
I’m not sure why “power armour” even exists, given it’s identical to “power armor” and should be aliased just the same. Unless more ponies using assist exoskeletons appear, which’d be great. I want to see the designs for powered exoskeletons of magic-using species - surely they’ll have unique features to restore and amplify magic abilities.
Solitude
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Element of Generosity -

@Barhandar  
Someone made power armour specifically for Warhammer 40k images, it seems. Kinda fitting, British spelling, British company and all that. Probably because they didn’t like the powered exoskeleton alias.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Kappe  
made up by modern gun nuts

Depends on how you define “modern”; Jeff Cooper and Elmer Keith seem to be the main sources of the “pistol ≠ revolver” idea, but that was immediately Post-War, like late ’40s/early ‘50s. US Army doctrine in WWII only differentiated between the two on ammo cans– where revolver-only cartridges like. 38 Special and carbine-only like .30 Carbine were just called “ball”, and cartridges like 45ACP that could be used in both revolvers and semiautos was labeled as “pistol ball”– but training manuals called any handgun a pistol. Gun people got all up in each other’s grilles about it back in the ’80s, but only a few old cranks even care anymore.

Either way, none of these terms should be aliased; pistol and revolver should both imply handgun but remain separate tags– so that someone searching specifically for revolvers can still find them without wading through every single handheld firearm– and the tag definitions of both should include “…implies handgun”.
Kappe

@TexasUberAlles  
Samuel Colt called his own invention repeating pistol. Elmer Keith and Jeff Cooper can go pound sand.

Speaking of .45 ACP, do you know what the ACP stands for? It stands for Automatic Colt Pistol. If “pistol” is to be synonymous with semi-automatic, that would be much like saying Revolving Colt Revolver. Redundant.

If revolver and automatic pistols actually need to be differentiated for searching on a website for technicolor ponies, then that’s how it should be done; revolver and automatic pistol. Because neither the firearms industry or the shooting public are even close to recognizing the arbitrary, made-up difference between just plain “pistol” and “handgun”.
TexasUberAlles
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Kappe  
do you know what the ACP stands for?

Sure, I own four handguns chambered in it. Do you know what an M1917 or a Webley Mk VI Conversion are? I can wait while you google them.

I didn’t say that pistol should be a separate tag because [flaps hands], I said revolver should be a separate tag so that people who are specifically searching for revolvers– as opposed to “any other kind of handgun”, of which there are several– can find them without having to see all those other handgun types as well. Having a separate semiautomatic pistol tag for the same reason is a good idea, though. They should still all be separate tags that imply handgun.

@DragonWraith  
should all be aliased to gun

There are a lot of anthro and humanized images with different kinds of guns in them; it is an eminently useful feature to be able search for them based on what kind of gun is being used, and aliasing all of them would defeat that.
Kappe

@Kappe
I didn’t say that pistol should be a separate tag
@Kappe
pistol and revolver should both imply handgun but remain separate tags

>:/

Revolver is already a separate tag, and if I thought it should be aliased too I would have said so. Instead I want pistol and handgun aliased because they mean the same thing.
TexasUberAlles

“pistol” is to be synonymous with semi-automatic
Well now you’re just arguing against your own position! full

…I can use selective quotation to completely change the meaning of your statements too, in case you were wondering.

Alias pistol to handgun then, and if someone wants to specify a semiauto let them, as long as things like revolver or flintlock or whatever stay separate.
Vree
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

defending”: not sure why/who made this but it’s 100% the same as “protecting” and should be aliased if it stays in this form.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Replaced by tagging forum