Tag Aliases - Read the first page before suggesting.

Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Solitude  
Squishy Cheeks and Cheek Squish seems to be two similar but different things to me.

@Dogman15  
That seems to be another mess. It seems that “Tails” is used fairly heavily to mean the sonic character, so I’m thinking it’d probably be best to just remove that tag from the few images that aren’t sonic related, and then alias that to whatever his real name is.

@Background Pony #699A  
Yeah, we’ve been doing that for characters with multiple names (same goes for Minuette/Colgate, for example). I’m sure there’s a good reason for that, but I’m not certain what that would be.

@IAmAPony  
Ask Coffeeverse sounds more like the name of the blog itself instead of an artist name.

@Solitude  
@Kappe  
@Background Pony #A0B1  
@DanielTepesKraus  
Done
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Prof.NightJack  
@ATMunn  
Just a wild guess here, but I think it’s entirely possible that the mods have other problems to deal with than just the ones y’all brought up in this thread, and maybe they just haven’t quite worked down the list to them yet.
TexasUberAlles
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Prof.NightJack  
Hover your own Duck to see the irony here.

I wasn’t trying to answer your question, I was pointing out that it was kindasorta presumptuous of you to be asking it in the first place, given how often the mod response to similar questions in this very thread has been some variation of “we’re working on it but have a billion other things to do first”. It’s been two days since you called for action on a pair of tags that have fewer than twenty examples put together, for barkin’ out loud.

@Dogman15  
Come on, man– jeering at typos is low-hanging fruit, errybody scores that own goal sooner or later.
patec
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

ok, so this is my stance on them:  
@Prof.NightJack  
My Japanese isn’t good enough to confirm that.  
I only know these symbols as “menacing” from the show itself. I have no idea if they can be translated to “go go go” or not.  
So I’m not gonna touch that until I get confirmation that it is a correct translation.

@ATMunn  
Done.  
I don’t know why it was skipped. My best guess is that it was simply overlooked.  
Happens.
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@ATMunn
Done.
I don’t know why it was skipped. My best guess is that it was simply overlooked.
Happens.

That’s probably why, I can’t think of any reason why I would’ve skipped that one otherwise.
IAmAPony
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Joey  
I asked Olga, the main artist, what is the correct artist tag. She said “helloggi” or “ask coffeeverse”. “helloggi” doesn’t seem to be mentioned anywhere, so it leaves only one option. Also, both Tumblr blog and VK group were renamed to “askcoffeeverse” (they were “maccoffee” and “askcoffeecream” respectively, if I understand correctly).

The team is a girl and a guy, so it wouldn’t really be correct to expect them to be called like one person. I understand “ask coffeeverse” sounds somewhat silly as an artist name, but it’s the name they use everywhere.
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DragonWraith> fish are not for sexual
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

alternate hair style -> alternate hairstyle  
alternate mane style -> alternate hairstyle  
alternate manestyle -> alternate hairstyle  
alternative hair style -> alternate hairstyle  
alternative mane style -> alternate hairstyle  
alternative manestyle -> alternate hairstyle  
different hair style -> alternate hairstyle  
different hairstyle -> alternate hairstyle  
different mane style -> alternate hairstyle  
different manestyle -> alternate hairstyle  
(I manually retagged a bunch of these, so none of them currently have any members; these would all count as common misspellings, though.)

Also, crystal hair style -> crystal hairstyle  
(crystal hair style currently has more members, but it should be consistent with alternate hairstyle.)
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Solitude  
Done

@DragonWraith  
The “crystal” one is done, but unfortunately I’m gonna have to say no for “alternate hairstyle” for the time being.

Don’t get me wrong - it’s a valid request, but aliases are not instant - the site has to reindex every image on either side of the merge, so the more images involved in an alias, the longer it takes. 8000 images in the “winning” tag times ten merges, and we’re looking at nearly 80,000 image reindexes. Since none of the “source” tags are used anymore (thank you for that), that’s a lot of processing for the server to do. I’m hoping instead people will just see that all the different tags are not in use anymore and just instinctively go with “alternate hairstyle”.

If the other tags keep popping up, then we can alias them on a case-by-case basis. But for now, trying to do them all at once with zero images on the source side probably isn’t gonna be the wisest thing to do.
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@DragonWraith  
Don’t get me wrong, we can do large merges if there’s a lot of images on both sides, or a lot of duplication. But 80,000 images worth of nothing-to-all merges is a lot of extra load on the server.
TexasUberAlles

@Joey  
But for now, trying to do them all at once with zero images on the source side probably isn’t gonna be the wisest thing to do

Ouch. Is mass tag-fixing something that can be added to the to-do list for the next time there’s a planned outage for fixing other stuff, or would that still break things?

@DragonWraith  
Maybe you could get a Site Assistant title if you volunteered to add a list of incorrect tags to your watch list and just correct them as they come in, since that would be a legit time/effort savings for the mods and admins.
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DragonWraith> fish are not for sexual
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

@TexasUberAlles  
That’s an idea. I don’t really pay attention to what’s in my watch list at the moment anyway.

Edit: It doesn’t seem to like most tags that aren’t currently populated (though some empty tags seem to persist even if they aren’t involved in any aliases or implications).

Further edit: Turns out just putting each tag as a singleton pattern in the query box works fine.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Replaced by tagging forum