Site statistics - Storage amount.

sstdba4ps

I was just wondering how much storage space the site requires? I thought I had seen it once before a couple years ago, but can’t find it again and it’s not on the statistics page.

So if I may ask, how much storage space is required for all the images/videos on the site?
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@sstdba4ps

I downloaded everything when all this started, around 2.3-2.4 TB. That is only original size, so without any of the thumbnails and otherwise resized images that they create.
sstdba4ps

@Seiken

Hey, thank you for the reply! That is exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking of doing the same thing for all my watched tags, but that turns out to be roughly 50-60% of everything on the site.

I plan to process everything locally to remove the stuff I don’t need/want. If I may ask, how are you going about downloading / organizing your archive of the site?
sstdba4ps

@LgD  
imgbrd-grabber is also an option, I’ve tried both and they each have pros and cons. Just make sure you’re limiting your concurrent downloads as a courtesy to the site as a whole; I have mine set to 4 at a time.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@sstdba4ps  
You should generally be able to download at whatever bandwidth your connection speed can sustain. In general, using more doesn’t “steal” it from other users due to how the distributed cache works. I have 1gbps available; I previously downloaded images at a rate of about half of that without issue.
sstdba4ps

@byte[]  
That’s good to know, thank you. I know some site owners don’t like downloader programs for various reasons. One reason I heard is that it puts too much stress on their servers, because of that I just generally limit my downloads. However, thank you for letting me know, it will make it go quicker for downloading from Derpibooru.
DrawAlaverr
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Artist -

Celestia has best butt
We are getting closer and closer to reach 10 TB lol. It’s interesting, for a moment I thought the site took up much more storage.
Posted Report
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@DrawAlaverr
We’re slowly getting to the point where we will run out of storage on our current server, so a server move (and probably move to object storage) is imminent within the next 6-12 months.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide