Site Rules Rewrite

Pagan

Gay Viking
@Background Pony #CA41  
Nothing has changed just don’t act like a pillock it’s not hard to understand and trolls are usually called out anyway so you will know if you are doing it, basically keep following the rules like always and you’ll be fine.
Shadow Star
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@catamaran  
quality control is … quality control (no poorly drawn images)

don’t POST racist ‘anti- racist’ crap is don’t post stuff that’s “support ‘Us’ were being oppressed”  
or ‘don’t support THEM/This its/they racist’ or ‘X overcoming/fighting/resisting ‘racist/bigoted’ group Y because they don’t offer X some Privellage they call a right’

its more meant for written stuff then images, but it still works.

I think that covers it.
Background Pony #DDB0
@Pagan  
been muted 2 years ago for harmless post. can you pls teach me something about trolling so i won’t get in trouble the next time?
Pagan

Gay Viking
@Background Pony #CA41  
It’s basic human respect and just following the rules as stated there isn’t really anything to learn, I would maybe help you understand if I saw your posts but I have no way of identifying you from the other anons nor can I PM you.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Nothing is different from the first draft of the new rules. What the fuck is even the point of this thread.
Princess Celestia (pre-Luna)

@dt  
[
nothing is different
](/forums/meta/topics/proposed-new-rules/posts/2253430/history)

The purpose of a new thread is that we’re happy with the discussion and changes made while the thread was kept public but not advertised, and now want feedback from a larger number of users without the “clutter” of the previous comments.
Exedrus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Heart Gem -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! -
Responsible Disclosure -
Artist -

@JP  
The only rule I’d add is that the source URL should not point directly to a PNG/JPEG/GIF/etc. file, but to the page where the image is on. Exceptions could be allowed when there are no other choices (like, if the image was posted on imgur or similar).
If the image is on DeviantArt, then the source should point to the actual image page, not the artist’s DA home page (like “artistname.deviantart.com”).
So is there ever going to be a response as to why this won’t make it into the rules? Even as just a guideline (i.e. “when possible, please…”) it would be nice to have this spelled out somewhere.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@MorphinBrony  
Rule #3 has been slightly reworded to clarify what templates we’re referring to. I’m not going to add in a paragraph about staff opinion though, that’s too much of a tangent.

@ArrJaySketch  
Previous generation content is allowed. We don’t really advertise that fact much considering this is a Gen 4/MLP:FiM website, but we generally don’t take down Gen 1/2/3/3.5 content either unless it is way too disassociated or violates another site rule.

@Barhandar  
The report page will be updated a bit too to reflect the new rules. Part of it is, since we’re merging rules that are somewhat duplicate of one another, it should hopefully be a lot more obvious which rule is applicable.

@Ferrotter  
The first sub-rule you reference is talking about bulk adding/removing a specific tag/set of tags to/from a large quantity of images. Some people have a tendency to think that a specific tag should/shouldn’t exist, and then go around editing the tags for a large quantity of images to reflect that opinion.

Going around and bulk correcting tags, as in adding/removing different tags to/from images, is completely fine, as that’s just improving accuracy.

@Mad Black  
These things are judged on a case-by-case basis. We’ve tried writing specific rules/guidelines on this topic, but that has proven to be a rather difficult task. We want to allow as much content as legally possible, but stuff like this we just have to go by a layman’s interpretation on if it’s legal or if it has to be deleted.

@Background Pony #CA41  
Rule #0 basically means nothing more than “don’t be an asshole”. We just can’t officially word it like that. As long as you’re not intentionally antagonizing people, you should be fine with Rule #0.

@Shadow Star  
We don’t ban “poorly drawn images”, especially since that is entirely speculative and opinionated. What one person may think to be poorly drawn may seem to another person to be the best image they ever saw.

Quality control does exist in the form of upvotes/downvotes. You can filter images based on score (as in hiding images with a score less than zero, or less than -25, etc). So it’s kinda like a form of community based quality control. But unless an image is actually violating a site rule (spam, troll/attack art, not pony related, etc), we’re not going to delete it simply because it has too many downvotes.

@Background Pony #CA41  
Calling OP autistic is not really a “harmless post”… Just sayin…

@dt  
That’s not true! There were several things added/changed from the original draft. For example, we added this to rule #2:

-> If an image is not adequately tagged or sourced, please correct them as necessary. Comments complaining about inadequate tagging or sourcing will be considered spam.

Just thought that one may be of interest to you :)
DieselCrab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

#1 Rated Salesman1997
@MorphinBrony
Rule #3 has been slightly reworded to clarify what templates we’re referring to. I’m not going to add in a paragraph about staff opinion though, that’s too much of a tangent.

It still sounds like ALL memes are banned, which I’m sure is not your intent. There’s also no mention of a grandfather clause.
MeggChan
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Cock-a-doodle do - Raises every morning
Lady's Wink -
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

✨キャンディー✨
→ If you see images that contain themes you do not like, you should add the appropriate tags to your filter. Do not post comments complaining about the theme of the image.

This so much. I’ve seen countless threads where it’s just needless complaining about what people don’t like in the image or needlessly whining about OCs, all really just to get a rise out of the artist or commissioner.
MeggChan
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cock-a-doodle do - Raises every morning
Lady's Wink -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

✨キャンディー✨
@Pagan  
I’ll be more than happy to do so at this point. It’s just frustrating to be an artist willing to accept constructive criticism only to be met with 2-3 pages of people complaining about an OC design in a commission, meaning I have no control over it. If I designed an OC and asked for opinions on it, that’s one thing, but otherwise is largely unnecessary. If someone feels the need to complain about OCs in general, the tag just needs to be blacklisted :P
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
@Background Pony #CA41
Rule #0 basically means nothing more than “don’t be an asshole”. We just can’t officially word it like that. As long as you’re not intentionally antagonizing people, you should be fine with Rule #0.

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what rule 0 says right now, and the wording can be as simple as “Don’t be an asshole”. But I wrote it as “Be excellent to each other” because I wanted to keep the rules a positive list of dos and don’ts, not a pre-emptive telling off. A guide and a somewhat more abstract direction and hope for the site, rather than a list of prohibitions. Of course, time passes and some more hard rules were needed but I would suggest that the new rules do lose that spirit - call it optimism if you like - the site was originally founded on the basis of.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@MorphinBrony  
It’s worth noting that we do not really consider “(not) doing harmful things”, “expression sheets”, and similar to be memes, templates, etc. Those are more like drawing prompts/challenges. But I see your point, I’ll try to find a way to word that into there without doubling the length of the rule or having to create a (quickly outdated) list of dos-and-donts.

@Clover the Clever  
I can understand your point. After talking about it in IRC, I think we all agree it should start off on a slightly happier note. How’s this sound?

This is the most important rule. Derpibooru is centered around MLP:FiM, which promotes friendship, caring, kindness, and understanding, and we reflect those values in our community to create an accepting and enjoyable environment for everyone.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
Pretty much anything can be a fetish, so doesn’t that rule prohibit nearly every edit that hasn’t been okayed directly by the artist? Or is it supposed to be mostly about fetishes that appeal to few, not stuff like adding/removing/altering lingerie, tattoos, tents/bulges/cameltoes, cropping to focus on legs and shoes? TBH I’ve always found that rule to be too damn vague.
Kejifox
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

Also sometimes the number of duplicates of the same pictures with minimal changes exceeds all reasonable limits. Maybe group them somehow?  
And the last suggestion - PLEASE, make the tags with character’s names colored in another color than green (like artist tags and OC tags).
patec
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Kejzfox  
@Kejzfox  
You seem to be in the wrong thread. This thrad is not meant to discuss site functionality or feature suggestions.

@saby  
I’m just gonna repeat what I said earlier:  
If you want to be sure, ask the artist yourself. Then you’re always on the safe side.

About the rule. As far as I know it mostly aims for certain fetishes that got edited quite a lot and that some artists got pretty damn pissed about when they found out. (futa, diapers, scat, …)  
But I can’t read any artist’s mind. I have no idea which one allows what. And as soon as the original artist dislikes it and reports it it’s gone anyway, not matter how you interpret that rule.  
And the worst thing is sometimes they react really badly and have us delete all their stuff because of a couple fetish edits.  
Which brings me back to my original statement: Please, just ask them.
Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
@patec  
This.

If you want to make an edit and the artist doesn’t say okay? Don’t post it here. Keep it to yourself, or post it somewhere that lets you be kind of a dick like that.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

#5 Do not post forbidden content
Derpibooru is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, Germany, and France, and therefore content against the laws of these countries is forbidden on this site.
Still no comment on oc:aryanne vis-à-vis Strafgesetzbuch §86a?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Updated rules have been finalized and published