Rule #0 Policy Refinement Feedback Thread

Filiecs
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Background Pony #F329  
I would have to agree here, that doesn’t make a lot of sense.  
Simply showing somebody being punched isn’t incitement, but framing it as a morally righteous thing to do is.

I would see incitement to commit violence is more like an image saying “Do your duty, punch X group” or “ or ‘killing all X people is a good thing.’.

It really depends on if the art is implying that disagreeing with the violence taking place is the wrong interpretation of the art.
Datte-Before-Dawn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Lady's Wink -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

Undesirable
Do we have any guarantees that no “boil the frog” situations are being planned/will happen in the future? Like, a slow rollout of banning things in a way that people would not notice as much as a sweeping rule change?

I think that’s the biggest concern to people rn and what’s in the way of restoring trust in staff
Frosku
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Vox Exercitus
@Princess Luna  
As an addendum to Datte’s question, would the staff consider some transparency around removed images, i.e. allowing volunteers from the community ‘read only’ access to resolved reports without names/ability to take actions? I think something like this would go a long way to ensuring trust and accountability.

Failing that, some kind of regular metadata release would be useful, i.e.

X images with the nazi tag were reported, and Y images were deleted.

And the same for other tags with a large number of reports/deletions.
SomeDerpibooruUser

Undesirable
Regarding the rule on not advocating for discrimination, would you say it is more just required to not explicitly show discrimination in good light? And when would something be considered showing discrimination in good light? This could definitely start interfering with a lot of edgy humor. How would these images be treated under that rule?  
>>1119440 (deleted)  
>>889319 (Aryanne says, “Let me go you dirty Jew”)  
>>878614 (deleted)

@Datte-Before-Dawn  
I agree. I feel like optimally there would be some way to see the rulings staff make on reported images for a while to see if the community agrees with how the rules are being enforced and to know if enforcement then changes over time. Maybe that’s unrealistic though.
Background Pony #5C8B
@SomeDerpibooruUser

The first one isn’t calling anyone to gas someone, and it doesn’t imply it to be a good thing.  
Just a very edgy dark humor.

So I’d think it would be fine. But let’s wait for Princess Luna’s answer.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Datte-Before-Dawn  
I’m not sure how we could even begin to guarantee the lack of future actions. All we can really do is do what we do now and make sure it’s good enough that nothing huge throws it all into question entirely.

@SomeDerpibooruUser  
Seems like humor and not advocation to me, especially the one where Aryanne’s racism is directed at someone who themselves is seeking the approval of racists (casts them all as hypocrites).
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Frosku  
@Background Pony #5C8B  
People’s outlook on concepts changes (e.g. it was okay to hate jews and, more pertinently, “fascists” in 1930 in Germany, now it’s okay to hate nazis), acceptability of censorship does not (even if outlook on censorship is different).  
It is not acceptable to block something because you, or even a group of people, have decided that it is immoral or unjust; an acceptable basis is actions that can result from said something (spoiler, nobody has provided any proof that looking at nazi pictures makes you a nazi, or proof that looking at non-nazi pictures DOES NOT turn you non-nazi).

P.S. I find it quite morbidly hilarious that this exact thing, a bunch of communists branding their opposition as “fascists” and enacting violence against them, is what resulted in Hitler’s rise to power. Not shit father, not being rejected from art school, but leftists being authoritarian assholes.
Background Pony #F329
All we can really do is do what we do now and make sure it’s good enough that nothing huge throws it all into question entirely.

The mental gymnastics, technicalities and wordplay you’re employing to somehow rationalize “All cops are bastards.” as being compliant with “Be excellent to each other.” is throwing that into question before you’ve even got started.  
Why is this such a point of contention?
Background Pony #01B6
@Barhandar

@Frosku

@Moonatik

Yeah, I’m sorry, but it seems like this conversation can’t be productive if we’re really about to dive (even deeper) into geopolitical history, I think this conversation need to be rerailed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Changes announced