[Resignation of a Concerned Assistant]

AG-Poni
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Ex-Asistente
Most of you probably don’t know me, but I have been a site assistant here on Derpi for the past month and a half or so. Derpibooru meant so much to me over the years since I became a brony that I asked to help with the site as a way to give back for all the great memories it had given me. I was so excited and happy to be a part of the team.

Last night I put in my resignation.

I hope this message reaches out to many of you and the moderation team allows it to stay. My thoughts on censorship and freedom of speech with regards to any sort of prejudice are complicated, and I understand both parts of the argument. I believe that the site should have stayed the way it was all these years but delete certain images that were egregiously bad. For this reason, I understood and followed the message posted by Parasprite last night since it had a similar stance to my personal beliefs. However, mere hours later, Blossomforth posted a message without the approval of the mods and assistants basically saying that they would crack down on all politics much harder than before, completely disregarding what we had posted a little while before that. He had warned us that he wanted to post such a thing so the majority of us screamed vehemently that he not do such a knee-jerk decision. Our clamors were disregarded completely, noting that he had talked it over with other admins and “professionals”, whatever that meant, instead of his own moderation team.

This was not the first time that poor decisions were made by the administration. Near the beginning of this commotion, some of the staff decided to punish people that were misbehaving and openly speaking ill of others and the policies in a disrespectful manner by causing their websites to slow down to a crawl on purpose to the point of being unusable in hopes that it would get them to leave the site without having to ban them. At first, I must admit that I thought it was a funny joke, but that’s all I thought it would be, a joke. I was surprised to see they went through with it when I saw some people complaining that their website was slow. We were told to just lie and say it must be a problem on their end… It is because of decisions like this that it is perfectly understandable and not at all unreasonable for you all to clamor for transparency from the administration.

Please don’t misunderstand, I bear no ill wishes towards any members of the staff. They have been under a lot of stress, and it’s led them to make poor decisions throughout. I firmly believe some of them are great people who only want what’s best for this site, and it’s very difficult to cater to both sides of the conversation regarding politics. I just simply believe that the administration of this website has been extremely poor and disrespectful towards the members of the moderation team and its most important aspect, you all the members.

Whatever happens to this site in the future, let’s remember what unites us all, our love for ponies.

Friendship is magic.
Background Pony #0A6E
Thank you for posting this, but jesus fuck you just singlehandedly tanked all trust in the site staff, good on you for resigning.
Derwol
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

This was not the first time that poor decisions were made by the administration. Near the beginning of this commotion, some of the staff decided to punish people…

Wow. Are the Derpi staff a bunch of high schoolers? This is ridiculously sad to see. This and the shadowbanning incident are unjustifiable.
Background Pony #98B4
So why are we under the rule of Blossomforth if he isn’t backed by the rest of the staff?
xbi
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Da Magicks! - Merited Fine Arts badge with only their own art
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

by causing their websites to slow down

Their websites outside derpibooru.org were attacked to slow down, or only derpibooru.org site was slower for specific users?

Is it possible to see this type of performance degrading for users in the derpibooru source code?
Background Pony #C3CF
Also I expect this to be memory-holed super hard. We can make screencaps of this thread but hopefully you have some screencaps of your own, otherwise you’re about to be painted as a “disgruntled ex-mod”.
Background Pony #A8E1
dude can we just lock all admins but parasprite from making threads at all
Nonymous
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

You fucked up, TSP.
the staff decided to punish people that were misbehaving and openly speaking ill of others and the policies in a disrespectful manner by causing their websites to slow down to a crawl on purpose to the point of being unusable in hopes that it would get them to leave the site without having to ban them  
Just knowing that mods can do this is kinda yikes

You sound like a good guy, AG. I wish you the best, man.
AG-Poni
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Ex-Asistente
@Background Pony #C3CF

I do not, I’m sorry. I understand if that’s how it looks, but I respect the privacy of others and what’s been said in private so I never saved any conversations. Perhaps the people who were affected by this can corroborate that their websites were significantly slowed down at some point.
--
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

*blorp*
You, amigo, have my respect. I knew something was up when Blossomforth posted that. It was so vague yet restrictive that something had to be wrong behind the scenes.

I hope the site will straighten up and fly right such that you’ll be willing to come back. Till then, though, we’re glad for your role in supporting the community.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread reached its purpose.