Report site bugs here

NeutronStar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I don’t know if it’s a bug, or an oversight:
I noticed that the “Recent Galleries” section on my profile page NEVER changes.
Even if create new galleries, or add/remove pictures in the older galleries, it’s always showing the same galleries, not even the ones I created or modified last (and I created/modified many other Safe galleries).
Either this section “Recent Galleries” doesn’t work as intended at all, or it works in some way which isn’t obvious or intuitive.
Background Pony #62CA
I’ve brought it up before, but it seems to be in an especially bad state at the moment.
Something is wrong with the way the site processes tag changes or reversions, such that the index can become so damaged:
https://imgur.com/a/BUHo72Z
(notice the tags missing when searching by image count, and the out-of-order sorting)
Background Pony #62CA
Probably a bug in how I parse URLs in the code that relative-izes on-site URIs. Will fix.
Bump-o reminder-o~
Just in case it’s a separate part of the code (but it probably isn’t), it also affects the auto-linkification of on-site links, correctly including the fragment (a.k.a. hash) in the clickable text but excluding the fragment from the href:
https://derpibooru.org/forums/meta/topics/report-site-bugs-here?post_id=5172518#post_5172518
I’m way out of my depth, but my wild guess is that you might need to use URL instead of URI; I get the sense from glancing at the Rust docs that URIs don’t include the fragment.
Background Pony #62CA
When I try to fetch from this Tumblr post, it “succesfully” fetches (moves the URL to the source field and fills in the artist and description) but does not actually show any selectable images, and neither does it give an error about being unable to find an image.
Deleted User
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Adding a description filter (for example, description:xyzzy on its own line) to your complex hide filter causes the site to 500 when you attempt to view an image page.
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a new filter.
  2. Add description:test to the complex hide filter list.
  3. Set the filter as your current one.
  4. Attempt to view the homepage.
Steps to turn off the filter, just in case you’re stuck in this state:
  1. Go to the https://derpibooru.org/filters page.
  2. Either edit the filter to remove the hide filter or…
  3. Set another filter as your current one.
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Background Pony #62CA
Been a while since I uploaded stuff from Tumblr, but… That’s a text post with an inline image, not an actual image post. IIRC the fetcher never worked with posts like this and you always had to manually copy the image url from the post.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Are images not showing up for anyone else? I can see images from the gallery view, but they don’t appear on their individual pages, though I can still download them.
Don’t know if it’s related, but the post preview is also broken and there is an extra horizontal row in the image galleries (Recent Artwork, Recent Uploads, Recent Favorites) of user pages.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@kleptomage
That doesn’t seem to be a general problem. At least, I can’t replicate it on any of the systems/browsers I’ve got. Can you please try using a different browser, or platform, to see if you get the same result?
kleptomage
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Ciaran (the reply button doesn’t work)
I checked with Chrome and Microsoft Edge on my computer and with Brave and Chrome on my phone. Same results. Images don’t show on their respective pages in any case. But here’s the weird thing: the site is only broken if I’m logged in. If I’m logged out everything seems to work.
Chrome on my computer is my most used browser. It’s fully updated and the cache is clear.
Background Pony #7C93
images not showing up, keep getting error messages when trying to get into forums.
whatver patch you did, UNDO IT NOW
kleptomage

I have Chrome version 113.0.5672.127 and Javascript is enabled. I even enabled the flag for experimental Javascript and restarted my computer. Nothing changed.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)

Thread’s gone quiet but I have a curious question:
How come I can see the spoiler image for comments on images tagged by Stable Diffusion, since that tag is currently hidden on my filter? Is it because I have ai content and ai generated spoilered?
Just wondering if it’s only the case with this hidden tag. This hasn’t happened with any others for me. 🤔

Possible bug evidence:
Evidence:

Ciaran shared a very informative followup here:
Uhm … ok, let me see if I’m describing this back correctly.
Your filter is appropriately hiding or spoilering generator:stable diffusion.
  • When you look at an actual image with the tag, you see the Tag Hidden image.
  • When you search for comments, comments on the image are shown if they match your search, but the preview of the image is hidden.
Ah. But normally when tags are hidden they don’t even show in searches for comments.
Ah, again. Double ah - You’ve got TWO tags SPOILERED on that image, and TWO tags HIDDEN.
When I make two tags SPOILERED and two HIDDEN on an image, and the tags are NOT AI related, then the image simply … huh … I still see the comment but the preview of the image is blank.
And if I make any two tags that have spoiler placeholders SPOILERED and two tags that have hidden placeholders HIDDEN, then I can find comments on that image, but the ‘spoilered’ image shows as ‘Hidden’.
By contrast, if there were any other two green tags spoilered, followed by any other two green tags hidden, none of which have any kind of placemarkers when they are spoilered or hidden, then you’d still see the comment but the image would just be blank because there’s no spoiler image for it.
So … it appears that you’re seeing the ‘Hidden’ marker because:
  • You have a fairly diverse set of spoiler and hidden tags on the image
  • The ‘hidden’ is not winning such that the comments are not shown
  • Whether you see the ‘hidden’ message or just a void depends on the combination of spoilered or hidden tags
Now that I’ve reproduced what’s happening, I honestly am not sure what is supposed to happen.
You are searching for ‘comments’, but normally if there’s a hit and only one hidden tag on the image is hidden, then the comment doesn’t show up.
But if you search for the same ‘comments’ and there’s a complex set of spoilered and hidden tags, then the results are less deterministic.
Not sure if bug, ‘broken as implemented’, or just a weird edge case with no expected behavior except ‘try to not show image’.
It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the images being ai *, but instead seems to be an artifact of how we handle complex filtering situations.
Maybe time to move this to the Site Bugs thread?

It’s a very long copy-and-paste, but I was honestly wondering if this is a bug or just how filters work when you have a Hidden and Spoiler tag on the same image.
TL;DR - AI generated and AI content are spoilered on my filter, but Stable Diffusion is still showing up by some user’s comments, even though I have it hidden. Is there a bug involved? It never happened with any of my other hidden tags (and I have a lot).
kleptomage

@Princess Celestia
The Console window gives this message:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot use ‘in’ app-8690658559d22b53921e63a867fb375a.js?vsn=d:1
operator to search for ‘id’ in null
at B (app-8690658559d22b53921e63a867fb375a.js?vsn=d:1:17620)
at app-8690658559d22b53921e63a867fb375a.js?vsn=d:1:37187
at Array.map (<anonymous>)
at We (app-8690658559d22b53921e63a867fb375a.js?vsn=d:1:37179)
at HTMLDocument.bn (app-8690658559d22b53921e63a867fb375a.js?vsn=d:1:61106)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide