Report site bugs here

Background Pony #A3B6
@The Smiling Pony
It is supported, works smoothly and seems to be multithreaded. It’s just more CPU-intensive than I would expect. It seems that CPU usage is increased by having multiple different animated badges on the same page.
And considering that on my 10-years old desktop CPU it’s only ~35% use, it probably won’t be noticeable on modern machines. But on mobile it may hurt battery life.
I suspect that using GIFs or APNGs instead would help, but I can’t know for sure.
Posted Report
Background Pony #62CA
@The Smiling Pony
Each of Skellinore, Chryssi, and Elements consume roughly 5% CPU for me, if it is on-screen - though it doesn’t increase if multiples of the same one are visible. As I hide each one, task manager reports the Chrome process using in the range of ~21%, then ~16%, then 9%, then 1%-4% with none.
@Background Pony #A3B6
Similar age laptop, here. I see less % CPU taken than you, but get scrolling jank if they’re on screen.
Posted Report
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
We’re aware that the site is not entirely stable and sometimes hangs on page loads, or leads to a 5xx error page. Please report any such happenings, the page you were trying to visit, and which exact error code you got, it’d be appreciated.
Posted Report
Lil_VampireCJ
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Lil_VampireCJ
I sometimes rarely but primarily get the one with the pink floofy unicorns video attached to it sometimes when I select to go through my watched list, skip through pages on the watch list or skip through pages of recent uploads; those are the more common occurrences when it happens, the more rare times it happens is when I go to my profile or click to view submissions. I have the brain of a goldfish & I can’t really recall the error codes off the top of my head as they rarely occasionally happen.
I am not that bothered about the popup as you just have to refresh the page & it should redirect to where you wanted to be & should be completely fine.
Also this one just popped up when I was trying to send this message lmao.
Posted Report
Background Pony #A3B6
Skellinore, Chryssi, and Elements
Yeah, these three are the ones I encountered.
though it doesn’t increase if multiples of the same one are visible
You worded this much better then me.

EDIT: You know what is super annoying? When I write a long ass list of tags for an image, and lose all of them because I accidentally typed few letters when the text field was not focused, resulting in a different image page being loaded, thanks to keyboard shortcuts.
And I can’t even disable keyboard shortcuts, because they are useful and I do use them from time to time.
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
@Princess Celestia
Due to particularly abusive API clients, API searching is now rate limited to 1 request per 2 seconds. Additionally, if your API request contains the page parameter, it’s rate limited to 1 request per 5 seconds.
This measure is temporary. In the future rate limiting will be based off execution time of the request.
Background Pony #62CA
It has been brought up a few times that the “escape” button in the editor doesn’t catch certain symbols that affect formatting.
If I’m not mistaken, making the following change here, to add colon, period, plus, and dash, should cover more:
    const newText = text.replace(/([*_[\]()^`%\\~<>#|:.+\-])/g, '\\$1');
They all still display as expected if escaped: . + - :
I have no interest to setup whatever all is needed to fork, test, and submit a PR, so…..here you go. :D
Posted Report
Background Pony #592B
@The Smiling Pony
It 403s if I just click it in this thread, but loads if I copy-paste it to a new tab; probably referer-based. Anyway, it was showing when I clicked “fetch” which AFAIK goes through the derpi proxy and would not have shown if it was inaccessible by the site.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Orbita
Can you describe what happens when you try to upload an image with your artist tag? Like, do you get an error or warning? Your uploads all appear to be tagged - which image was having the problem?
@Orbita
Ah, ok, I’m glad you got it working :)
Background Pony #A405
is anybody else having an issue with posting webms? i’ve been waiting for my webm to be put on the site for 10 minutes. it even keeps resetting the “i’m not a robot” thing. is this some bug when posting webms or is my end just broken?
Posted Report
Background Pony #A405
@Background Pony #A405
and now it said “There was an error verifying you’re not a robot. Please try again.” which i was verifying i wasn’t a robot for 10 minutes but it decided to crash.. has anyone even had this issue or am i the only one?
Posted Report
Background Pony #A3B6
@Background Pony #A405
Can you provide more detail about what you did, what you expected to happen and what happened instead?
If you mean that you uploaded it, but it’s not publicly visible, then that’s because there is a delay before images are visible, for moderation purposes.
Posted Report
Background Pony #A405
@Background Pony #A3B6
i was trying to upload this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWtM1fsVqvY onto the site, but since mp4s aren’t supported, i went to use a wemb converter. i tried to upload the webm version of the video, but it was taking longer than usual and the “i’m not a robot” thing kept on resetting while it was being uploaded. i thought it would finally upload but after 10 or 15 minutes, the upload page decided to refresh with a message saying “There was an error verifying you’re not a robot. Please try again.”. i don’t think it was already here before, i checked. i just want this to be posted.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #A405
I’m sorry you’re hitting that error.
The problem wouldn’t be with it being uploaded previously - there doesn’t seem to be anything else by Bronstep88 on the site.
I don’t know if uploading it while logged on would help, but if you have a profile have you tried?
If not, can you give me a link to the webm version? I can try uploading it for you.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide