Report site bugs here

Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Content in comments/posts above the image/thread’s rating must be surrounded with [spoiler][/spoiler] tags and, if multiple ratings above, have a clear warning.
Text needs to be converted to Markdown
Garden Tinker
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

The comment-posting system seems to have an odd bug to it, such that it forces a line break under specific circumstances. To the best of my understanding, it happens when placing more than one space at the end of a line that is automatically returned:
Please excuse my Latin, but I do so like to wax lorem ipsum when I'm able... For you see, the space is wasted finely,  and that alone is worthy of praise.

V.S.

Please excuse my Latin, but I do so like to wax lorem ipsum when I'm able... For you see, the space is wasted finely, and that alone is worthy of praise.
The forced return is even present in-text when editing the comment afterward, including switching between the Edit and Preview tabs, such that for the example above there are three backspaces needed to connect the comma and the ‘a’ of ‘and’, despite only two spaces being used to separate them.
The best I can offer for specs is that I’m using Google Chrome on an outdated Chromebook; I am presuming the browser itself is up to date.
This issue does not appear to happen mid-text otherwise. However, that being said, it would appear that any other instance of more than a single space being used between characters is collapsed into the width of a single space upon posting/previewing, and the same can be said respectively for line-returns. Are these effects intentional, and is it possible to escape them outside of using the code (```/~~~) syntax if so?
My apologies if either of these have already been addressed.
axidemythe
Artist -

I want waffle fries.
Hi! I uploaded 3 images around 7-8 days ago, they were added to statistics but don’t appear in my uploads or under my artist tag. Same thing happened today with 1 image. They all were nsfw, but my other nsfw images are still visible, so I don’t think filters could be the problem.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
Where is the best place to report bugs and file enhancement requests: this very thread, derpibooru/philomena at GitHub, or philomena-dev/philomena on GitHub?
  • #125 is an enhancement request for a server-side anti-procrastination mode. Low priority.
  • #145 is a proposal to make hidden tags behave like normal spoilered tags in the specific cases of browsing my:faves and (optionally) my:upvotes
  • #148 is a bug report about comments that get blackholed instead of returned to sender. I got bit by this one yesterday.
Garden Tinker
Artist -

Almost all the images I’ve posted in comments in the past are broken now …
I can vouch for running across several instances of this while looking at the comments of older images. While I don’t have a good example to offer at the moment, the result is the display of a tiny ‘broken image’ icon with “full” written next to it in the instances I’ve seen. Attempting to right-click-open the image in a new tab seems to pull up a blank page, but the image’s URL is still available in the hotbar.
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
If you link a forum post, like byte[]’s above, as a relative link, it works as expected.
[byte\[\]](/forums/meta/topics/report-site-bugs-here?post_id=5172263#post_5172263)
However, if you put in exactly the same link as the full url including https://derpibooru.org, the link somehow drops the #post_<id> part and only leads to https://derpibooru.org/forums/path/to/topic-title?post_id=<id>, which stays at the top of the page and doesn’t jump to the post.
[the full url](https://derpibooru.org/forums/meta/topics/report-site-bugs-here?post_id=5172263#post_5172263)
(On that note: Why does the url contain the post id two times? ?post_id=5172263#post_5172263)
Background Pony #62CA
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
I had a very brief look through your comments and I didn’t see any that were broken? (If they were comments you made with anonymity enabled, they wouldn’t show up in your comment history for anyone but you, of course, so I wouldn’t know)
@Garden Tinker
You can find where the image was originally linking by quoting the comment. A lot of the time when I find them, they’re truly dead links - or often, they were direct-linking an image on Derpibooru instead of using the post embed syntax (and the URLs for the image files have changed over time, thus making the old direct links broken.)
However, if you put in exactly the same link as the full url including https://derpibooru.org, the link somehow drops the #post_<id> part
Weird!
(On that note: Why does the url contain the post id two times? ?post_id=5172263#post_5172263)
I’d imagine it’s to pass the server a query string used to pull up which page the post is on, and a hash to direct the browser to scroll to the exact post.
FredMSloniker
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Is it possible to fix the issue with direct-linked images by reparsing posts, like you’re doing for the markdown conversion? Or has the necessary information been lost?
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
The comment-posting system seems to have an odd bug to it, such that it forces a line break under specific circumstances. To the best of my understanding, it happens when placing more than one space at the end of a line that is automatically returned:
Please excuse my Latin, but I do so like to wax lorem ipsum when I'm able... For you see, the space is wasted finely,  and that alone is worthy of praise.

V.S.

Please excuse my Latin, but I do so like to wax lorem ipsum when I'm able... For you see, the space is wasted finely, and that alone is worthy of praise.
The forced return is even present in-text when editing the comment afterward, including switching between the Edit and Preview tabs, such that for the example above there are three backspaces needed to connect the comma and the ‘a’ of ‘and’, despite only two spaces being used to separate them.
The best I can offer for specs is that I’m using Google Chrome on an outdated Chromebook; I am presuming the browser itself is up to date.
This issue does not appear to happen mid-text otherwise. However, that being said, it would appear that any other instance of more than a single space being used between characters is collapsed into the width of a single space upon posting/previewing, and the same can be said respectively for line-returns. Are these effects intentional, and is it possible to escape them outside of using the code (```/~~~) syntax if so?
My apologies if either of these have already been addressed.
That’s neat how you formatted that scrolling text though. Never seen that before. :D
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide