Report site bugs here

Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Shown on posts are the reason for the most recent edits, but the exact same edit (most recent) on the post’s history instead shows the reason for the second-to-most recent edit. This continues through previous edits so it’s impossible for the first edit to have a reason given despite being clearly an edit.
See the quoted post’s edit reason, and then its edit history.
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
Bumping this since it doesn’t seem to be in the tracker yet, unless I missed it.

@Yoshimon1  
I just noticed the formatting buttons/shortcuts produce wrong syntax before/after empty lines.
Without an empty line, it correctly applies brackets and everything works.
test
test
test
[*test
test
test*]
When there’s an empty line, however, it adds another piece of markup before and after the empty line which get parsed as regular text.
*test_
_test*
[_test_
_test_]
If you remove the two tags(?) again, everything works.
__test
test__
[+test
test+]
Background Pony #4B52
I’ve been trying to change my password, but it always displays a “failed to update password” message. I’ve made sure that I’m not just mistyping the old password and tried on both desktop and mobile. I saw mentions of a similar issue from several years ago, but there didn’t seem to be any solution posted.
Cloppershy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Pone Addict
@Background Pony #4B52
Are you entering in the right order?

On that note, when I changed my password a while ago, I stumbled over this as well. I’m used to the current password always being the first field. Also, the “Confirm…” and “Current…” look so visually similar that it ties the last two boxes together. I’m usually not that stupid, but it took me longer than I’d like to admit until I saw my mistake. Maybe some visual seperation between the old password field and the two new password fields would make this more clear.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Wiimeiser  
Yes, and it has been for a while. I don’t remember how long exactly. Increasing length requirements is the most effective way to protect against hash cracking attacks, which are getting more and more feasible due to the ever-rising hash speed of GPUs.

@byte[]  
I added the missing minlength attribute.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@byte[]  
So CPUs have gotten to a speed where they can crack a hash within an hour, but still can’t crack a 64-bit ransomware encryption key within a stellar lifetime…
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Wiimeiser  
You are confusing encryption and hashing. The distinction is beyond the scope of this thread, but in general, encryption is some reversible process E=Fk(D) that depends on a small key and a large amount of data. Hashing is an irreversible process H=F(D) that can be used to verify the integrity of the data D without actually storing a second copy of it.
The Smiling Pony
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@BigBuggyBastage  
For the love that all that is holy, do not openly encourage people to use 2FA without explicitly stating that losing access to one’s 2FA device or their backup codes guarantees the irrecoverable loss of their account.

Do you have any idea how many people don’t understand the concept of 2FA? How many people email the staff saying they never saved the backup codes or didn’t realize what it is they agreed to?

People that actually want 2FA will find the option on their own; too many others are just another unactionable support email down the line.

Yes I’m bitter.

Also, max PW length is 80 characters.
BigBuggyBastage
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Go fsck yourself
@The Smiling Pony  
LoL Thanks.

I guess I took for granted that people kept the backup codes, but now that I think of it, it’s 2021, and people still don’t even make proper backups of their data – I should know better, because of the number of times I received the text message “My hard drive died, can you get my data off it?” this past year. There seems to be no time limit for PEBKAC.

Everyone else: don’t enable 2FA unless/until you KNOW what you’re doing. Oh, and FFS, save the damn backup codes. 😛
The Smiling Pony
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Blissful690  
full

Perceptual image dupe reports are based on splitting images into their four quadrants’ luminosity values. That means it’s entirely possible for two completely different images to register as a possible match if the average black/white scale on each quadrant is within a certain margin of error of each corresponding quadrant of another image.

This makes it a very fast check; of course, it also produces a tiny number of false positives, which site staff can quickly resolve. Rest assured that there is no automated merging of images based on any of these reports.

Fancier solutions are possible, but they’re more resource intensive, and more complicated to implement (namely stuff involving edge detection, that would run on top of existing checks).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide