Report site bugs here

Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Shadow Star  
Rule #6 states:  
Do not indiscriminately downvote images based on their tags and/or content. Instead, filter content you do not wish to see.

Therefore allowing you to blindly downvote something spoiled due to a filtered tag would be rule breaking.
Marker
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Misanthrope
@Fleetfoot  
@Sollace  
Who said anything about indiscriminate downvotes? Besides, the rule only mentions filtered content, not spoilered thumbnails as the og poster had asked. Spoilers could be used, for example, because someone is viewing the site in a semi-public setting and don’t want the more risque contents immediately visible, but is otherwise happy to view it in a more private setting. As long as there exists legitimate reasons to downvote an image, those reasons should also apply to spoilered ones.
Sollace
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

I am the night!
(thanks Zippy for reminding me about this :P)

@Marker  
Spoilers are a form of filtering: They remove content from view, just in a less permanent way than hiding them completely.

spoilers could be used, for example, because someone is viewing the site in a semi-public setting and don’t want the more risqué contents immediately visible

Sure, there might be a legitimate reason to use spoilers like you described, however I’ve always considered the primary purpose of spoilers as a way to hide content you either don’t like, or don’t want to see, whilst also keeping the option to view it after being made aware that it contains something you normally wouldn’t like.

And because the image is already not visible, and replaced by a warning that simply indicates what it contained that caused it to be spoilered (aka whatever you indicated is something you don’t like) allowing downvotes in this situation are going to indirectly encourage people to indiscriminately downvote images based on the tags they were spoilered for, rather than the image itself^[1]–so it unfortunately has to be removed.

That said, there’s nothing that says you can’t open the image’s page directly and downvote it from there. In fact I’d recommend that, as thumbnails in general do tend to be misleading
[2]^.

Also apologies to byte[] for taking this thread down a bit of a rabbit hole. full I feel like I’ve made my point well enough, so I’m going to let it drop from here.

[1] a problem Derpibooru has had in the past who would sweep the entire front page downvoting everything they see  
[2] That’s the exact reason Project Vinyl doesn’t even have voting buttons on their thumbnails. You can’t expect anyone to judge an image properly based on a sized-down preview, much less an entire video.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
That’s the exact reason Project Vinyl doesn’t even have voting buttons on their thumbnails. You can’t expect anyone to judge an image properly based on a sized-down preview, much less an entire video.

Three years ago we tried replacing the downvote button with a hide button.

The autistic screeching from the downvote-on-sight people was deafening and the buttons were put back.

(I won’t make another post on this topic. We are getting off-topic.)
Background Pony #4866
Hi. I contacted the support by mail to try to recover my account that got hacked but i cannot send any mail because <armadill@/etc/mailname>: bad address syntax. I tried multiple times, checking the mail’s spelling but i always get this error. What’s going on please?
Yoshimon1
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
We just noticed over in General Tag discussion that something seems to be wrong with apng thumbnails. Some sizes are not animated.

@Derpy Whooves  
If it’s a ‘forced’ juxtaposition, the images have been edited to ‘win’:
They are memetic, they are meta, and they only work when viewed on this site in searches or posts.

@Yoshimon1  
@Derpy Whooves
How come those thumbs are not animated? Bug with apng processing or does the pipeline just not support it?
Actually, it’s just thumb_small and small. thumb and medium upwards all work.
@Yoshimon1
Weird. I have no idea. Using a thumb size doesn’t work for me, either.

Here’s all available sizes of >>2186323:

thumb_small full not animated  
thumb full animated  
small full not animated  
medium full animated  
large full animated

I’m on latest Chrome btw, in case it matters.
Background Pony #62CA
I’m at my report limit; there seems to be an issue with some images’ pixel dimensions, >>2417223 >>2387596 >>2443196 >>2446880 >>2446891 are listed much smaller than the real image dimensions, and I think this also is preventing them from having the smaller files (eg. medium, large) displayed.

Also, is the file size supposed to be the original upload’s size, or the optimized size? eg. >>1105699 is listed at >7MB but downloads at <1MB.
Background Pony #62CA
don’t think anyone is uploading hourlong animations

Right, so, I found this image >>1834618 that I thought was broken or malformed but actually it’s just a GIF with 66 frames set to display at one frame per minute.  

Why I’m posting it in the bug thread is 1) there is at least one hourlong duration image after all, and 2) that pic does not have its duration indexed and I wouldn’t know if it just happens to not be indexed or if there’s an issue.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #62CA  
The commit in question doesn’t change any uploading behavior. It just removes the “hour” display from the duration span in the metabar.  
GIF full  
WebM full  
APNG full

This file was skipped during the initial pass of generating durations because it failed validation. If you tried to upload it again today, the site would not let you do it.  
debian:\~/source/mediatools$ build/mediastat \~/Downloads/1834618.gif Invalid duration \(must be 0..1 hour\)  
For integrity purposes, it should either be deleted or replaced with a file with a shorter duration.
Napsack
Typically turned to the funny pages - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

why
I think I just discovered a strange search bug.

I was searching through the trending images page, and opened up >>2448342 in a new tab. While in that tab, I decided to search up edited screencap. For some reason instead of the standard search page, it presented everything to me in order of wilson score. This was the page I got.

I did not search for that or do anything that should have added that parameter. As far as I can tell this is easily reproducible with any image in trending images currently. I’ve tried it with a few other images and it seems to do the same thing no matter what tag I search or what image I search it from.
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Napsack  
That’s because the sort order from your previous search (in this case, a link on the site to a search) is preserved when you do a new search. Debatable whether this is really a bug or just unintuitive behavior.
Background Pony #4D6B
This may have been reported already, but some images and comments say that they are older than they actually are.

e.g., this image and the comments in it say that they were posted seven years ago, but they’re from 2014.
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
For some reason, this webm isn’t showing up in my search results. I switch to the “Everything” filter and it shows up. I open it and switch it back to my own custom filter, but it doesn’t tell me what’s hiding/spoilering it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide