Report site bugs here

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Brokedownandmadeone  
Yes, there was some activity on the site that we needed to stop, and apparently in the Internet this person looks the same to us as the person we banned.

@Tempus Incurvo  
If she had a profile, like yourself, then she wouldn’t even be seeing that ban.

Given that she never posts on the site, the ban won’t affect her ability to enjoy it, so I hope she will be able to ignore the problem for awhile. It will expire in a week.
Rainboom Dash
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Rainbooms4Ever
The site shows all jpegs below 600 pixels in height at 600 pixels in height in the thumbnail… but pngs below 600 pixels in height are shown without being resized up.. albeit with a bunch of grey space around the edges

Don’t know if this is intentional
Background Pony #62CA
Tags entered in Spoilered Tags of a filter won’t obscure the thumbnails when viewing the tag’s page, or if the tag(s) are present verbatim (or aliased - no wildcards) in the search query. Intended?  
  eg. if I have a filter wherein my little pony: pony life and fluttershy are in the Spoilered Tags, and I search or visit the tag page for fluttershy, only pony life thumbnails will be obscured; if I perform a search for pony life, fluttershy then no thumbnails will be obscured.

However, tags hidden by the filter remain hidden in the same situations.  
Also, complex spoilers (even just a single tag written in) remain in effect at all times.

Tags which have been aliased into another tag don’t work in non-complex filters. Intended?  
  eg. if I put pony life into a filter’s Spoilered Tags, it will not spoiler or hide anything. If I put it in the complex spoiler, it works.
Wellwater
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Just a flurry of H₂O
Tags entered in Spoilered Tags of a filter won’t obscure the thumbnails when viewing the tag’s page, or if the tag(s) are present verbatim (or aliased - no wildcards) in the search query. Intended?
eg. if I have a filter wherein my little pony: pony life and fluttershy are in the Spoilered Tags, and I search or visit the tag page for fluttershy, only pony life thumbnails will be obscured; if I perform a search for pony life, fluttershy then no thumbnails will be obscured.
However, tags hidden by the filter remain hidden in the same situations.

AFAIK, this is all working by design, and in fact I and presumably a number of others make use of all the details of this behavior from time to time.

Also, complex spoilers (even just a single tag written in) remain in effect at all times.

I suspect this is a limitation of the codebase, since complex spoilers execute in client-side JS rather than in the server’s codebase, and therefore every bit of feature parity must be manually ported. In this case, of course, it would not just be feature parity, but substantially more logic with more potential for weird corner case bugs in a feature that sees nowhere near as much usage and is therefore much harder to debug. That’s a bit of a tough pill to swallow. (All this is leaving out any attempt to do anything more complicated than matching “image macro” in the search query with image macro in the complex spoiler query; trying to e.g. match a complex spoiler of image macro,-(reaction image || score.gt:50) would be a leetle bit of a nightmare.)
Background Pony #62CA
If I am not mistaken, a line entered in a complex filter should evaluate the same way as a search; if it is shown as a search result, it would be spoilered/hidden by that query in a line of a complex filter, correct?

Anyway, I might have found a parsing error?

This is a simplified test case and will therefore seem absurd:  
-fluttershy functions as a complex filter  
-(fluttershy) functions  
-((fluttershy)) malfunctions as if the negation were not present  
Increasing depth of parentheses malfunctions the same way.

As a hiding filter, it’s even a little stranger - posts not fluttershy will have a “[HIDDEN] (Complex filter)” overlay rather than being…absent.

Here’s the kind of logic structure I was using when I encountered the issue (actual tags substituted):  
(mane six, -((fluttershy, rainbow dash) || applejack || rarity)) malfunctioning  
(mane six, (-(fluttershy, rainbow dash), -applejack, -rarity)) functioning

Unless I’ve missed a subtlety of the order of operations, these two queries should evaluate the same. As a search, they return the same results. However, as a complex spoiler, only the latter works as expected.

[edit] Meanwhile, I’ve refactored my filter to negate only parentheses without any nested within.
Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@Background Pony #62CA  
I think you messed up how to do it. But I can’t be sure unless you give something that’s similar to the tags you substituted. It’s a bit wonky with that example. Unless it actually is a 1:1 similarity. In which case, it works I suppose. Used this search to quickly view the active changes that occur mane six, created_at:2020-06-26

mane six, (-(fluttershy, rainbow dash), -applejack, -rarity)  
This would filter mane six images, but not filter images that contain the following tags:  
-fs and rd (both must be in the tag list)  
-aj  
-rarity  
This  
mane six, -(fluttershy, rainbow dash), -applejack, -rarity  
also works.

mane six, -((fluttershy, rainbow dash) OR applejack OR rarity)  
Just tested, and yeah. That’s strange.

For searching, all 3 work the same way. Search1, Search2, Search3. (all the same number of results on personal filter) Not completely sure why it doesn’t work through complex filters. Looks like a bug.

An example of a filter I use for spoilers (and it works) looks like this in one line:  
(spoiler:s09* OR spoiler:eqg specials OR spoiler:rainbow roadtrip OR spoiler:eqg series* OR my little pony: pony life),safe,screencap,-(edited screencap OR edit)
xbi
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Da Magicks! - Merited Fine Arts badge with only their own art
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I often experience unexpected logouts at iPhone Safari for months a couple of times everyday. The last week - very often, i need to input username/password every hour. It works like there is no “stay logged” checkbox. Sometimes I experience logouts in the middle of site surfing, without switching from/to browser. This moment I can’t find any correlation with my actions, what makes me to logout.

Works nice on PC, no unexpected logouts.
Sollace
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

I am the night!
@xbi  
Same here. I’m using Firefox (Nightly) and was just logged out again today.

I asked byte[] about it and he just said it was the browser, however when you’re getting people on other browsers also experiencing it, I’m not convinced.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Sollace  
I’ve gotten logged out, and seems like at about same time as you (and also once few days ago). Pale Moon.  
Note that it’s something changed because before that I’ve spent month(s) without any random logouts.
Nonymous
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

You fucked up, TSP.
I’ve been getting logged out unexpectedly as well, for about 2 weeks. Happened on PC and mobile, and I use firefox on both.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide