Regardless of what happens. I'm staying here.

Poll results: vote for staying or leaving.

Idk what I'm going do or I've made a different choice. (like leaving the site)
35.95% 142 votes
I'm going to stand with derpibooru and keep supporting whatever happens
26.84% 106 votes
I have another opinion but ill still stand with derpi
23.54% 93 votes
I'll be back in a bit when shit calms down if i come back at all
13.67% 54 votes

Poll ended with 395 votes.

Background Pony #6A79
@PastelBacon  
No probably. The “problematic” images were there for years. The only things that made them into a problem were the staff, and the staff hasn’t changed. Unless the root of the problem is gone, it’s foolhardy to expect anything to improve, and they’re dead set on maintaining and even increasing their control and power on this site.

Dead bodies defecate as the brain shuts down. We’re watching that happen now.
TundraArcticWolf
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Friendly Arctic Wolf
All I ever got out of watching this unfold is a wonderful line from a Garfield comic strip:  
“People who have no minds of their own deserve to look like clowns.”
Background Pony #A944
@PastelBacon  
Yeah I wouldn’t say doomed yet either. Absolute worst case scenario as I see it now is the daily usage gets cut roughly in half. That’s still more than a couple of uploads of artwork a day. Other fandoms and fans of creative work would kill to get even a tenth of that (trust me, I draw Timothy Goes to School fanart for god’s sake.)
Background Pony #6A79
@doloresbridge  
External forces (Twitter) made noise about it, but it still hadn’t been an issue for the years preceding the noise. Once staff started making changes and advocating for insane policy changes, it became an issue for all of derpi.

If you’re walking through the jungle (hypothetical you), and a mosquito bites you, and your response is to slash the mosquito on your arm with your machete to get it to stop biting you, did the mosquito bite cause you to cut off your arm? No, your decision to use your machete on it did. That’s what I’d characterize it as.
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Background Pony #6A79  
This has been an issue for years. We’ve simply been ignored untill now.

Moreover, it is not an insane change, and is the norm around the world. Not our fault this site is filled with rabid free-speech absolutists.
Background Pony #5983
This has been an issue for years. We’ve simply been ignored untill now.

You’ve ‘simply’ not made it an issue before now.

Where is the big push to get nazi artwork off other art sites, particularly the ones that the crowd of people currently boycotting derpibooru over such artwork are currently using.
Background Pony #5983
@Inucroft

“We have” as in “We have made a big push to get artwork off other sites”? or “We have been pushing to get this artwork off this site in particular for years.”

In the case of the latter, please link to forum threads asking about that, with the amount of chaos this has generated i’d imagine a few forum posts have been made about it across those years.

In the case of the former, here’s a post i made in a different thread.

The following links are NSFW, user discretion is advised before clicking.
Literally just went to those sites, typed in “nazi” for their searchs and that’s the link, you may need an account for some.
So, no, to put it bluntly, those sites have significantly more nazi content than we do, a lot of it blatantly propaganda and there’s no large push to get rid of it.
DA alone has 75.2K pieces of art tagged ‘Nazi’
Background Pony #6A79
@Inucroft  
Bullshit. Rabid leftist authoritarians love nothing more than to virtue signal their fake outrage over every possibly little thing, if there was “a large nazi problem for 6 years” not a single one of them would have been silent about it. Stop inventing imaginary threats to pretend you’re a victim.
Parallel Black
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party

@Background Pony #6A79  
That’s an extremely good point; none of these supposedly woke artists and lurkers said a thing until they tasted blood in the water. It’s almost like they all knew no one would tolerate their nonsense without the extra external pressure to help them win. If they really cared as much as they pretend to, they would have been campaigning to rid the fandom of this kind of content ages ago, yet they apparently required an ill-informed article from a backwater news site to give them the kick they needed to act?
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Background Pony #6A79  
Well. Aren’t you a pleasant person. You have totally won me over to your side of the argument! :kappa:

Lets see.. the breakdown of the current debate is:

Nazi’s bad, lets make the main step most places around the world have done and ban Nazi content

vs

My free speech reeeee
Background Pony #5983
@Inucroft  
Any response to me?  
I mean you literally just ignored my entire post to write this  
lets make the main step most places around the world have done and ban Nazi content

I gave you multiple examples of sites that havent banned “nazi content”
Background Pony #6A79
@Inucroft  
More pleasant than you. You’ve literally tagged yourself full of hate.  
@Inucroft  
And yet, pictures with Aryanne in them were declining year after year, and only popped up again in response to this absurd witch hunt. It’s almost like there wasn’t a problem at all, and people started using it as a way to push back against your censorship and hatred.
Background Pony #6A79
@Inucroft  
Not claiming anything, look at your post there. See the little box under your name? You’ve self-tagged as being full of hate. That’s all you buddy, no one forced you to admit your hatred.

Nice deflection. There’s zero proof that pictures of Aryanne have caused harm to people, while fascists like yourself have definitely caused harm to people in real life. If you’re trying to go “But I’m not as bad as…!” then your whataboutism isn’t even accurate.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Topic is finished