Question on spoiled images

lincolnbrewsterfan
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Lincoln Brewster time
I was just wondering why spoiled images are still viewable by thumbnail in the search result pages, when you can't view it upon clicking it unless you tap the image.

I ask this because I have some higher-rated tags spoiled so I don't have to hide everything, yet not have to see everything. Grimdark is one and as a result of what I mentioned above, I can still see some of the more disturbing images without getting a chance to view the tags first before clicking on it.

This is true with spoiled images like suggestive and semi-grimdark too. I believe that any tag a person spoils should spoil all the images upon searching that tag, so you aren't subjected to possibly disturbing images within a naturally spoiled tag on Derpibooru.

My two cents.
byte[]
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@lincolnbrewsterfan
Explicitly searching for a tag that you spoiler will undo the spoilering for whatever you explicitly searched for, while keeping things you didn't search for still spoilered.

As far as I know, this has been the behavior of spoilering since it was introduced, and there's been pushback against dropping it. I can see why other people find it useful.
The Smiling Pony
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Manually Breathing
@lincolnbrewsterfan
If you want to search for something you know is grimdark but want to keep the spoilers, you can lie to the search query and use "gr?mdark" instead of "grimdark", as it won't interpret that as the actual tag and keep things spoiled.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~