Philomena open beta / breaking API changes

Background Pony #AF11
Extremely minor, but it no longer shows “WebM” over the WebM images on search to differentiate it from gifs.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
There’s some minor differences in CSS (decreased row heights on forums, for example), but nothing major. lol
Ignoring some minor CSS problems, the three biggest things I’ve noticed are:

I’d like to know what the breakages are. To my knowledge the CSS is a straight copy from booru-on-rails, so this means I likely bungled the markup structure.

Philomena appears to show new uploads immediately on the front page, unlike the old software which hides new images for 2-3 minutes.
Edit: welp, next/prev buttons are broken.
Edit: Philomena sorts badges differently! Panic!
Image tooltips are missing, so can’t see directly their tags.
“History” buttons no longer show edit counts
All fixed

Artist profiles are missing the “Recent artwork” section.
Tags without a detailed description suddenly show the “Toggle detailed description” button.
Searches and tag pages don’t display the “Searching for x”/“Images tagged x” text next to the page navigation buttons anymore.
All fixed
Background Pony #AF11
I clicked “Last” while searching a term, and instead it took me to page 10 of the newest posted images.
Background Pony #AF11
Actually, just clicking “Next” already took me out of the search and back to the newest gallery
CyberPon3
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

NEEEEEEEEERD
A couple things I noticed:

• The filter selector at the top of the site is not sorted and it’s sections are reversed

• On my phone, the drop-down to add an image to a gallery goes off the left side of the screen: full

• Removing an image from a gallery using that drop-down doesn’t seem to work

• The “first_seen_at” search filter doesn’t seem to be working right. A search of “first_seen_at.gt:1 day ago” gives no results and a search of “first_seen_at.gt:3 days ago” gives the same number of results as “first_seen_at.gt:2 days ago” on the current site. It seems like it’s searching a day less than it should be?
Rainboom Dash
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Rainbooms4Ever
@byte[]  
dunno  
if you search it it works fine but it has the search q= or whatever in the url  
that tag duplication glitch was something… “twilight sparkle” popped up 8 times… but does indeed seem fixed now
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
Do I need to use an e-mail address to log in to Philomena or can I use my username? I don’t remember which address (if any) is associated with this account.
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
I’d like to know what the breakages are. To my knowledge the CSS is a straight copy from booru-on-rails, so this means I likely bungled the markup structure.

Oh, alright then. In that case, here’s what I noticed (Default theme):  
  • The placeholder “Search” text of the search bar suddenly is a dark gray instead of the usual light blue-white-ish.  
  • Every single element on the entire site has an added line-height: 1.15 rule inherited from…  
@/**! normalize-scss | MIT/GPLv2 License | bit.ly/normalize-scss **/
html {
line-height: 1.15;
-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;
-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%
}@

…here in the default.css that makes everything look a bit squished together compared to before.  
  • media-boxes on profile pages (Recent artwork/uploads/favourites) are bigger (232x254 for me instead of the old 150x172) and there’s now 6 instead of 5, which may have been an intended change, but now makes everything very big and displayed in two lines. (Or is that a setting somewhere?)

Also:  
  • “Watched by x users” is missing under artist links on profile pages.  
  • “Posts: x” is missing under avatars in forum posts.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@byte[]  
I found it in my password manager. Thank you for making a site with long-lived login cookies so that I totally forgot how the account creation and login work.

Here’s my initial feedback (I hope I’m not repeating too much from other users or your bug board):

• The red theme looks even better than the dark theme. Is this a Philomena special or has it been enabled in the Rails app and I just never tried it?  
• Is there a setting for sorting comments in chronological order? I had it set that way on the Rails app and the reverse chronology of the comments here is confusing.  
• Greasemonkey made it easy to enable my user scripts on Philomena. If anyone else wonders where all their userscripts went, be sure to add https://philomena.derpibooru.org/* to your user includes on the scripts you want to turn on. Likewise, if you use the Shut Up add-on and enjoy the discussions here, be sure to turn it off for Philomena as well. (Ok, this wasn’t really feedback for you)  
• Where did my up and down vote ponies go?  
• I’m not 100% sure if this is true but I don’t want to spam test comments on irrelevant images to check for myself, but I think that Philomena does a full-page refresh when I add a comment instead of an AJAX call.
SnowyAnon
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

What’s the new API for reading a tag’s metadata? Right now I use https://derpibooru.org/tags/twilight+sparkle.json and read the tag dictionary from the JSON.

I was guessing something like:

https://philomena.derpibooru.org/api/v1/json/tags/twilight+sparkle or https://philomena.derpibooru.org/api/v1/json/tags/46192

But both of those returned a 404 with “Not Found” as the content.
PXLIon
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

The Embodiment of Rage
I’m not sure if missing features implies general missing features but the random image button in tag search is missing:

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide