Password-related oddities

Ardashir
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Something very strange is going on with my account.

When I come to the Derpibooru site from Google, it tells me that I’m logged out and refuses to recognize my password when I try logging back in.

But when I use a link to make a new password and check in through my email, I find that I’m already logged in. Even though when I go to my account page and try using my current(?) password to set a new password for the account, it tells me that my password isn’t recognized.

What is going on and how can I get a new password for my account that will work?
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
Ah - yeah, we store separate cookies for each way of getting here. Makes it nice if you have two profiles - log into one profile on www.derpibooru.org, and a different profile on derpibooru.org, and you’re all set :)

As for what your password is, we have no way to see it. But you could send an email to ops@derpibooru.org and let them know that you’d like to reset your password, and they can help you.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Ardashir  
Passwords are hashed using an extremely strong, computationally expensive one-way hashing algorithm. There’s absolutely no way to determine what your password is. You can request a password reset on the login form. Just make sure your email address is correct - I’ve seen a lot of people having login issues because there was a typo in their email address.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide