Viewing last 25 versions of post by Wellwater in topic "Paradox of Tolerance"

Wellwater
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Just a flurry of H₂O
"[@AaronMk":](/forums/meta/topics/paradox-of-tolerance?post_id=4877513#post_4877513
)  
It sounds like you're saying it's okay that the Arab slave trade went through an order of magnitude more slaves because it took roughly five times as long to do so and was more decentralized.

Sorry, but no.

"

[
@BadgingBadger":](/forums/meta/topics/paradox-of-tolerance?post_id=4877529#post_4877529
[bq="BadgingBadger"]
) " 

> [
@Wellwater":](/forums/meta/topics/paradox-of-tolerance?post_id=4877329#post_4877329
)
>
I'm aware that there was an extensive slave trade across East Africa and the Muslim Middle East, but i will point out that it failed to produce lasting negative effects on the demography and economy of both areas, unlike the Atlantic slave trade.[/bq]

Given the number of transplanted tribes within Africa itself (some of which later suffered ethnic discrimination up to and including genocide) and the many slaves living today in the various destinations (some of whom, if I'm not mistaken, are surviving first-generation slaves!), I don't think this is at all supportable.

[bq]

>
Does that mean the Arab slave trade wasn't exploitative? No. I will not defend the Arabs for perpetrating it. But you're clearly comparing apples to oranges here.

>
(What Aaron said before me, too)
[/bq]

>

For those keeping track at home, this is the third time the goalposts have been moved on me (today, in this thread), and I'm pretty sick of this disingenuous slavery apologism. Intentional or otherwise, at some point ignorance can become culpable, and downplaying becomes excusing.
Reason: Clarification
Edited by Wellwater