New Design Announcement - Discussion and Suggestions

Ack_Attack
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Goddamnit
@Exhumed Legume
Here on Derpi people celebrate the anniversary of MLP and the site’s creation after all, all that matters if it’s important to you or not.

its from that attitude that breeds apathy and a quick abandonment on celebrating anniversary of both, from there its a quick path to leading a fandom to a stale death.
Love Letter

Gen 1 Pony
@Exhumed Legume
Here on Derpi people celebrate the anniversary of MLP and the site’s creation after all, all that matters if it’s important to you or not.
its from that attitude that breeds apathy and a quick abandonment on celebrating anniversary of both, from there its a quick path to leading a fandom to a stale death.

Melodramatic much? The fandom isn’t going to die just because an image board put up a temporary theme people didn’t like.
Officer Hotpants
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Literally3HitlersInACoat
@Exhumed Legume  
Good god. That is old. You know, I don’t think I ever actually found a use for my copies. It just came as an option with one or two games and one of my first PCs. Everything ran fine on WMP, though. Or later on Winamp.
Officer Hotpants
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Literally3HitlersInACoat
@Exhumed Legume  
No idea. I haven’t used it since I got a new computer around the mid 00s. I didn’t have internet at the time and couldn’t find the CD I’d burned the installer to.

@QuasarNova  
QuickTime was a mysterious beast. There was a single game that required it to function and it otherwise couldn’t actually play anything I tried to use it for. For a long time I actually thought it wasn’t a media player as a result.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@QuasarNova  
@Officer Hotpants  
I remember the MOV format being “that one weird Mac video format that no program can play” in the late 90’s/early 00’s. We had multimedia CDs that forced you to install the QuickTime codec so they could show you grainy 320x240 videos.

Then, circa 2005/2006, I noticed that VLC could play them out-of-the-box and the format became less weird.
Love Letter

Gen 1 Pony
Yeah, a few windows games used QuickTime, but mostly it was just for the .MOV format that Apple used. It was everywhere in the Macintosh world, but barely got noticed on Windows PCs.
Autumn_Rosewood
Princess Cadance - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

~Wants to squish yo bed~
Peeps talkin’ bout quicktime remind me of all those old animations from yesteryear & a game where you were a deer hunting hunters, even though it was always an adventure trying to differentiate a hunter from a tree… xD
Love Letter

Gen 1 Pony
@Officer Hotpants

Yeah, unless you were into Full-Motion Video (FMV) games back in the 90s (which used QuickTime a ton, before Flash took over that market), then the only place you’d really encounter it on Windows would be the occasional .MOV video file you might download.
Background Pony #B6EE
@Love Letter  
I know this comment is barely even related to the subject of this conversation right now, but whenever i hear the word .MOV i think of that one fucked up series on YouTube named “Pony.Mov” by HotDiggedyDemon.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide