New Design Announcement - Discussion and Suggestions

O. Hancock
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Penis
@Derpy Whooves  
That’s essentially what I was trying to say. I mean, I was going at it from the angle of, “This place is run by the people who spend the time making this site, not us users. They get to choose how things go because they’re the ones running it.” But I like your words better. :)
iTwilightSparkle
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Mama to a dragon
@PrincessEmber2019  
Greetings, Ember.

@O. Hancock  
I wasn’t saying it was something to be put up to a vote, or demanding it be done in future, just taken into consideration.

@Derpy Whooves  
Thank you for taking the time to explain that, and as the badge states that it was an homage to web design from 1992 and earlier… well that was a year before I was born, so indeed, it would seem I dodged the 1.0 bullet, so to speak.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
The staff works constantly to maintain the site as a free service to us.

The joke could be shutting off the site for a day and we’d have to sit there and groove on it.
QuasarNova
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Ninji

You just described a server update schedule except it lasts a day which I’m sure with all the crap that goes on it’s pretty easily done

Besides, the reason for the event is for everyone to be a part of it. Can’t be a part of something if you’re left out of the place it takes part.

Whatever it is, all we know is this will be them  
full
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@QuasarNova  
Change “the reason for the event is for everyone to be a part of it” to “the reason for the event is for everyone WHO WANTS TO BE A PART OF IT to be a part of it” and you would be a step closer to perhaps grasping what is actually going on.

Not everyone is going to find the gift they want under that Christmas tree.

If the thing you unwrap isn’t to your taste, well, sorry, but that’s ok. Come back in a day or two and things will be back to normal.

If you do like it? Great, let’s enjoy it together.

No one is guaranteed a happy. Sometimes you have to make your own happy.

But you don’t get to make it “Not Be Christmas” for everyone else if you don’t like the present.
NightStalker

April Fool’s has just become “make others miserable” day, honestly, and that’s not just a commentary on this site’s event, but really the whole atmosphere of the day. I was already not looking forward to April 1 before even seeing what this site had become, because so much stupid, irritating shit goes on and I just wanted to have a normal day.

And really, it’s no shocker people got stressed out by this event, because this is a very, very stressful time in the world. Probably not the best world atmosphere to pull something like this. Maybe if this particular event had happened last year, the result wouldn’t have been so volatile. But thousands of people are dying out there. People just wanted to relax with their ponies.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@NightStalker  
Some feel that Valentines Day is torture for people who aren’t loved or who have lost a love, and every year we have to deal with people who freak out because anyone celebrating Valentines Day are only doing it to hurt them. Makes it hard to have any kind of community event associated with it.

Some feel that Halloween is specifically designed to taunt or tease people who don’t like social situations, intended only to single out introverts who don’t like scaring or prank ing others, and that the entire holiday is just nothing other than endless punishment for anyone who doesn’t “fit in” or who isn’t “normal”. Makes it hard to have any kind of community event associated with it.

And don’t even get me started on Easter or Christmas or Thanksgiving.

You hate April Fools day. It’s not surprising that you hated this site and most of this community enjoying it and having fun.

It’s not fair to you that people had fun that you can’t share.

Just like it’s not fair to the people who enjoy April Fools that you characterize them as somehow wanting to make your day miserable, or that everything they were enjoying was stupid miserable shit.

What’s your goal here? Do you think this situation will improve if you continue along these lines?
Johnny B. Mediocre
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Wallet After Summer Sale -

psst it's me I'm a horse
Easter, Halloween and Valentines Day are not designed around dicking with people.

have you never celebrated a holiday before? Valentine’s Day, for most of us, is known as “Singles Awareness Day”, and Halloween… well, it’s trick or treat innit? if you haven’t been tricked on Halloween at least once, you’re doing it wrong
nerfherder

Dark lord of the sith
Wait wait wait

People are STILL whining about this?

I thought it should be optional too but it’s over, people. Move on!
Exhumed Legume
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Weirdo
Valentines Day [is] not designed around dicking with people.
And yet, with each passing year, VD feels more and more like those damned relationship-havers rubbing it in our faces.

You won’t see me demanding everyone stop being all disgustingly lovey-dovey, though…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide