New Design Announcement - Discussion and Suggestions

Johnny B. Mediocre
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

psst it's me I'm a horse
I quit using this site.

Sorry, but I quit being here.

Goodbye.

I’m serious about leaving the site actually.

also you:
I didn’t rage quit.

I’d want a badge because I didn’t mean the bad things I’ve said, because I felt regret, and I want to make up for what happened.

That’s not me complaining about not getting one.

Going to need an extra badge.

full

No friends, but that’s ok.

I feel alone on this site. I feel like a ghost. I’m obscure.

gee I wonder why with an attitude like that
deactivated103f39d

I quit using this site.
Sorry, but I quit being here.
Goodbye.
I’m serious about leaving the site actually.
also you:
I didn’t rage quit.
I’d want a badge because I didn’t mean the bad things I’ve said, because I felt regret, and I want to make up for what happened.
That’s not me complaining about not getting one.
Going to need an extra badge.
full
No friends, but that’s ok.
I feel alone on this site. I feel like a ghost. I’m obscure.
gee I wonder why with an attitude like that

I was just upset. Everyone makes mistakes. That is in the past. Also I didn’t really rage quit, I just went to check on other things. I’m sorry about all of that.
iTwilightSparkle
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Mama to a dragon
I’m kind of shocked this thread hasn’t been locked since the event ended, tbh.  
But it’s.. kind of disheartening to see that people who were complaining of the event theme messing with their health, no matter how minor those issues were, and requesting either to know when the event would end or if an option to disable the event theme could be added, being vilified still.

I might have jumped into the thread at the tail end of the event to voice my displeasure with the theme, so maybe I missed the more abusive and aggressive people who didn’t like the theme, but what I did see was people who were voicing their concerns and displeasure in a manner that could be described as passive-aggressive at worst, being repeatedly met with calls of “Killjoy” and other similar things by people with much more aggressive tonality.

My sympathies do go out to the mods, many of whom seemed frustrated with the mixed response to the event and many other reasons I’d imagine, I hope my own comments didn’t add to those frustrations in anyway, and if they did, I apologise.

That said, I would like to restate what I said 10 days ago.  
If a future April Fools event involves a change to the theme, please think back to this event and do not disable the ability to change back to the default themes for those who might take issue with the forced theme change, if for no other reason than to avoid the same hooplah that occurred this year.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@iTwilightSparkle  
The GeoCities web was, in fact, incredibly unpleasant to use by modern standards. Whether or not you lived through the Web 1.0 seems to have been a touchstone as to people’s responses to the event.

The ability to add and test features is largely dependent on developer availability and how much testing time is available. If a desirable feature doesn’t work or would cause even more trouble, sometimes it’s a choice between leaving that feature out of the production push, or simply not doing the event. So if a feature isn’t deemed to be critical, then it’s usually left out. Because otherwise it would mean abandoning the event.

Previously the option to disable the event has been critical and required before the event could happen, because the event made the core features of the site otherwise inaccessible.

In this case, none of the core functionality of the site was made inaccessible.

Not impossible to use. Just incredibly unpleasant for many to use. So it wasn’t a critical requirement for the event to happen.

And speaking just for myself, I’m glad the event happened. Even if not everyone was pleased with the result.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@QuasarNova  
Maybe it already has?

Maybe you aren’t living this, but instead this is your life passing before your eyes and it’s already over. Your last opportunity to remember your life the way you want to remember it. To fix your memories of the mistakes you lived before you become one with the infinite.

Like if you had come back from the future today to prevent a terrible mistake that you were already aware of but hadn’t done anything about. Something that you fear you would carry to your grave and did not want to live with in eternity. What would that be? What would you change? How would you make your life what you want it to be?

If this is truly the last moments of existence, who do you want to be?

Just be.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@iTwilightSparkle
This isn’t a democracy.

It’s actually something more like a gift.

A handful of incredibly generous developers created a thing for you. For free. A massive number of artists contributed to it, sharing their incredible creativity with the world. A short bus worth of volunteers spend their free time keeping it running.

For you.

It’s not a democracy. It’s a gift.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide