New comment discussion thread

Obsessive Rarity Fan
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Please fix it so it displays the number of image comment posts we’ve made, rather than forum comments. It’s rather minor, but I do feel a bit of hurt pride seeing such a low number next to my name - it makes me look like a Derpibooru light weight!
JustGoAway
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Responsible Disclosure - Hidden vote counts being revealed when voting

It's just pictures.
The comments take up less space now, which is a plus, but it all looks so cluttered now… Even turning the avatars off with AdBlock doesn’t help all that much.

Anyone working on a Stylish script yet?
barbeque
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Tag alias request thread
Artist -
Bronze Bit -

@Grieffon  
Fixed the image thing for now (it’s not up yet, for some reason the CSS compressor thingy is semi-derping aka it works but ogod it’s so slow) by setting a min-height. Scrollbars (ARE YOU USING GOOGLE CHROME/CHROMIUM BY ANY CHANCE) should also be fixed, not unsurpisingly google chrome is not following standards, AGAIN. Also reduced the comment width a bit while I was at it.

@WatermelonRat  
As with many things, consider it a work in progress for the time being.

@BigMax  
Yeah, not sure if we need to have a postcounter (assuming it even works) on images).

I might also make the forum width slightly less hardcoded soon
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ugh, omigosh it’s ugly!

Like, every comment now is dominated by a huge-ass display of the poster’s name. Why was there a need for that?

But then again I’m using CHROME so maybe it’s just that.

I would honestly enjoy the option to switch back to the old layout like @Javert-Was-Here said. Oh-so-funny avatars and signatures were fine for the forum but when I’m browsing for new comments daily I don’t need to see all the extra crap. I’d like my quick and effective comment browsing back please.

You know it’s actually telling that on images I typically read every. single. comment. I even keep checking back for new comments. On the forums, I skip a lot.
Background Pony #C572
Not a fan, feels too cluttered now, and avatars are just distracting, and I have a feeling that there will be a few times when someone’s avatar doesn’t match the subject matter and rating of the image, thus annoying some people, or just being inappropriate.

I prefered comments being much simplier, it looks lik the fourms now, and it doesn’t make sense.  
Forums are forums, they SHOULD look like this, but comments? Not everyone wants to see your joke gif avatar every time you comment on an image.

Maybe I’m just against change, but I’m just not really a fan. I wish I could just turn avatars off at least, then I doubt I would care nearly as much about the change, it would just take a little getting used to.
Force_0f_Matter
Duck - Has spent the last three years whining about the fandom and site like a child and yet still here he is being the worst of it. Amaze.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Like others have already pointed out; the new comment section is taking up too much space, i also liked how before the comments section etched a little to right kinda cut at the edges, and most certainly didn’t blend into the background with it’s distinct shade of gray! I also have to wonder; is having our icons under our names is even remotely necessary???
Dr Outback
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

What is this?

Anyway my biggest objection is that it doesn’t look as clean. It was was simpler and was perfect for comments. If you’re going to keep this format I suggest moving the badges below the line. Will there be comment scoring?
Grieffon
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Bronze Bit -
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Grieffon> it does kinda dry out a bit with fast strokes

h
How about shrinking the avatar a bit more while keeping the current minimum comment box’s height, leaving some space between the avatars?
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

No seriously, I can’t read anything, I keep getting distracted by all the random junk. This isn’t about fearing change, this is about me not being able to use anything properly.

If I want to look at WHO’s saying something rather than what is being said I can always go to the user’s profile page.

All this user’s name in big bold font-avatar-user stats just looks terribly narcistic or whatever.

full
PlotHole
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Born 100,000 years ago
The sad thing is, if you had had the forum features from the beginning and switched to the old format, you would have just as many complaints, mostly from the same people.

I like the change, although I agree that the forum info isn’t necessary. Either remove it or replace it with something relevant to Image comments.

I also wouldn’t mind if Background Ponies didn’t get an avatar, but I’m mean-spirited that way.
Vree

The sad thing is, if you had had the forum features from the beginning and switched to the old format, you would have just as many complaints, mostly from the same people.
QUIT WITH THAT IDIOTIC ARGUMENT  
No, it’s not &@#ing “blah, blah, people always complain about change, nyeh nyeh”  
Don’t you DARE dismiss people’s clearly articulated opinions with that uncaring crap.

I’ll live. It’s not that. I’ll probably stop reading comments most of the time, but you can’t have everything.

But don’t you DARE insult me and try to insist that I don’t even know my own preferences.
BigMax

@Vree  
You’re overreacting.  
A lot of discussion boards have avatars displayed near the posts.  
Essentially every forum. Even these forums on Derpibooru.  
Nothing ever prevented to have lengthy and insightful debates.

You’re not used to see avatars on Derpibooru’s comment and that’s a fact.  
Then again, I don’t think the current design is definitive, so just bear with it for a while. Other issues are going to be fixed for sure, starting from the forums’ stats.
Clover the Clever
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <@CloverTheClever> I'd pay to see Carcer in a fursuit
Always Codes Drunk - It explains a lot
From the Night - I have technically banned myself a bunch of times...
Since the Beginning  - User number zero

Lord and Saviour
Keep it civil in here or I will happily hand out bans.

The current design is not by any means final. We’re iterating. Feedback is good, but keep it polite.
Vree

Nah, I felt rather indifferent actually :) It’s not like I had to browse comments so much instead of working anyway.

I just don’t see why there is a need to dismiss people’s opinions and insult them in the process. When people do it in these feedback threads, I think those people should be more acknowledging about it that other people honestly might be turned off or inconvenienced, not just complaining because they are idiots who don’t know anything.  
Accept it that some people do not get what they like or what’s easier for them so that you can get yours, just as they accept it that their preference must of course come second after everyone else’s preference.

So I overreacted to that, not the change. Sorry for that.
Background Pony #4B57
I can’t even read the comment section anymore, so much distracting bullshit has been added to it. Please give me a button to hide everything but names and comments.
PlotHole
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Born 100,000 years ago
QUIT WITH THAT IDIOTIC ARGUMENT
No, it’s not &@#ing “blah, blah, people always complain about change, nyeh nyeh”
Don’t you DARE dismiss people’s clearly articulated opinions with that uncaring crap.
I’ll live. It’s not that. I’ll probably stop reading comments most of the time, but you can’t have everything.
But don’t you DARE insult me and try to insist that I don’t even know my own preferences.

We posted within seconds of each other - I didn’t see your comment until afterwards. It was aimed at the people upthread who were freaking out because one-line comments were now two lines tall.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide