Mods, what do we do about drama?

Grieffon
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Bronze Bit -
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Grieffon> it does kinda dry out a bit with fast strokes

h
From what I understand, every time there is a new drama topic, a lot of people jump on the bandwagon. But after a few days, it is reduced to maybe 2-3 people who kept continue the drama and defend it as if it was a fact .

Reading through this, I feel sorry for you guys. I really do. So why don’t you do everyone, including yourselves, a favor and just ban them? No one likes those people anyway. I know you don’t want to resort to that, but there’s no gain keeping them around.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Feel pity for the admins, unable to block that which annoys them.

Unless they are constant troublemakers, I don’t see the need for extreme measures.
RIG
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - Five Nights at Freddy's thread
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

The Anti-Normies
i think by this point, for the sake of the mods sanity, any equestria girls drama pic should be delete and from this point banned until the movie comes out (but i ain’t going to watch it)
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
I think that we should limit the drama to actual things that have effort put into them. If someone wants to draw a picture about how terrible they see Equestria Girls as, I think it has more point of being on this site than a screencap of the trailer with text essentially saying “this is gonna suck.”

It still should be tagged as “drama,” though.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

The overly lenient moderation is going to destroy Derpibooru. I am dead serious about that.

It is getting to the point where I am hesitant to upload any pony art (you know, ART, not a dumb ass macro) for fear that it will attract lowlifes to the art account of a person I like.

I understand that the permissiveness is meant to protect freedom of speech, encourage conversations and promote community. But when in effect this works out for the opposite and (probably) discourages people from coming near the site, that benevolence suddenly seems misguided.

Meanwhile I can go to _(name withheld-)_booru where only art is allowed and have a good time.

It would be in the best interest of everyone probably if they just prohibited that stuff, at least temporarily as they happen.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Vree  
I’d say most things should be handled on a case-by-case basis, but TSP already says he spends an incredible amount of time working on this site. Not sure if it would work.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

shrug Really, if the mods take on all the extra work I only have respect for them.  
Me (or Grieffon too I assume) probably would not be nice, to people who we know are not gonna be the least thankful for it.

Still, I’m old fashioned. This is a new world now. Maybe there IS a reason to why we need to repost every kid who says something hurtful about MLP on his tumblr, every macro someone makes somewhere.

So yeah, respect for you, admins.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
@Vree  
I would much rather it NOT be posted.

If I had my way, guys like Sid would be banned immediatly, artists like curt siblings not allowed, and those kinda posts gone faster than you can blink.

In retrospect, it’s probably a good thing this place ISN’T run my way.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
One second people are calling me a pussy hugboxer and the next I’m getting called out for being too lenient and letting people say bad things.
cb5
Thread Starter - The time wasting thread

What about disallowing non-registered people from uploading or starting threads or such? I know it would suck, but the majority of the time drama is started by some drive by poster. If someone were to want to start up some drama they would have to go through the process of registering and I doubt as many people that want to start up some drama would do so in the end.

From what I’ve seen 99% of the time whenever a individual starts posting shock images or post troll images it’s a non-registered individual. It wouldn’t stop them, but it would happen less often.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@cb5  
The vast majority of the drama and shitposts comes from named users, followed by users as anon, and trailing well behind actual unregistered anons.

People attribute more to anons because they all carry the same “name”.
cb5
Thread Starter - The time wasting thread

@Itsthinking  
I totally agree, however the problem is people that do not use derpibooru use the anonymity to troll, start drama and such. Personally I think users should be allowed to continue to post anonymously, however just require them to make a account first before they upload or comment.

What happens is that people that don’t use the site or have never used the site upload the image or such and never come back again.

Now-  
“I’m going to troll them bronies uploads image or comment Haha I’m ub3r l33t tr0ll leaves the site
Grieffon
Bronze Bit -
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Grieffon> it does kinda dry out a bit with fast strokes

h
@The Smiling Pony  
Can you guys really handle the shitpost in the long run? I mean, looking at them without doing anything may drive you insane one day. Plus it doesn’t sound healthy at all.

I don’t want the shitstorm just one day manage to make you quit and have the place fell back into the pit of ponibooru.
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Grieffon  
If it ever comes to the point where all the mods burn out and we can’t find any fresh blood, then I’ll just start viciously banning people rather than calling it quits.
Vree

@Princess♠Molestia  
Nah, I’m definitely not that strict. I only have it in for excessive drama spamming.

Some drama is acceptable, half a dozen “why is Spike a dog” pics every time I click the front page, I think, is when you are justified to take some action.

And not even because fans are not allowed to have stupid/negative opinions. Or act like turds. But there are occassions where people are clearly just out to complain endlessly and/or start trouble. Even that, I say, is bearable in small doses. But when for a straight week nothing but this floods the front page, I’d rather be called a hugboxer than have to bear that. It really promotes the wrong kind of behavior, and can bring out the worst from even nice users. Puts a ton of work on the mods’ shoulders, too.

Again, this is a new world, and maybe it is best to let things run their courses, let people reblog everything, right here under our noses. idk.
Sidorovich
Duck - Siduckovich
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive) - NO I CAN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER

Some of you just need to grow up and realize that people will discuss and say things that you don’t like. Just ignore it instead of trying to get other people to punish people you don’t agree with.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide