Missleading Announcement

Site and Policy » Missleading Announcement Search Posts
Background Pony #3714
*NOTE: THIS THREAD WAS CREATED BY Correction

You have a responsibility and should be transparent towards the people who donate to derpibooru.

The Announcement does not include why derpibooru gets kicked out from patreon. Patreon is not “suspending many NSFW creator accounts” and derpi accidentally happens to be part of them, like this announcement tries to imply. It is enforcing their rules more strictly for a year now already. But they did give you very specific reasons and told you what would have to change to stay there.  
You should be open enough to tell your patreons what those changes would have been. I would be surprised if it is more then “remove pedos”.  
And why don’t you i.e. include the twitter screenshots of the people who rallied up to defund derpibooru, or at least mention them?

Also why do you allow the patreon to get transferred to some vector artists? That is very very dishonest towards your donators, because there are people who do not check out every drama and those will now automatically end up with their monthly donations going to some nobody without them knowing.  
You should have never agreed to that (or is this “artist” your friend?).  
You should also mention that SubscribeStar doesn’t support paypal because they are an fascist supporting platform and therefore got banned from paypal.

And allow discussions about it! Don’t delete and lock every thread about it!

Questions over questions.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
Also why do you allow the patreon to get transferred to some vector artists?
The primary “vector artist” for Derpibooru is TSP is why. At least this time they’ve put an announcement up.  
You should also mention that SubscribeStar doesn’t support paypal because they are an fascist supporting platform and therefore got banned from paypal.
Ironic, innit. Derpi having to move to “nazi” platform because they’re getting nuked off of Patreon, most likely due to a certain extremely stereotypical individual.  
You should be open enough to tell your patreons what those changes would have been. I would be surprised if it is more then “remove pedos”.
Yeah, it would be interesting to see what exactly those “including relatively innocuous themes and plenty of safe-rated content” are.
𓃗𓀿 Have a Seat 𓃗𓀿

I think this is an image of Patreon explaining why they’re going after Furbooru. Seems like Derpibooru is probably facing similar issues. It’s quite ironic how this is coming right after the censor Aryanne art, although probably not a coincidence with how many people on twitter were advertising trying to get their Patreon shut down.  
full
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
It seems someone didn’t read the linked articles in the announcement, about how Patreon is going after a furry (formerly pony) OC for not having massive boobs as “underage”, or hypnosis fetish as “non-consensual” when none of that content is hosted on Patreon. These are recent developments above and beyond the old stuff that spell doom for virtually anyone who does anything that isn’t purely vanilla anywhere.  
They prohibit a ton of things, like romances that cross levels of anthroness (Capper x Rarity, random human x Twilight both utterly forbidden).
Correction

They don’t want the people who don’t know about the drama to find out.

A random user who clicks on the announcement should think that its the mods who heroically fight against patreons censorship, lol.  
Threads that were fine for weeks get locked.
Correction

@𓃗𓂸  
and it is from February.  
As i said, patreon does this for a year and more now already.

It is not a coincidence that it is comming to derpibooru right now.  
There were tweets about defunding and reporting derpibooru to patreon from the very people that derpibooru pandered to.  
That patreon kicks this site out just after the site got reported to them is not a coincidence.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Princess Luna  
What I know about Patreon is that the rules got changed at least few months ago - they’re just, er, enforcing them a bit better now.  
But yes, it’s basically bullshit and Patreon’s going to get fucked now as policing content offsite (or worse, claiming it belongs to them by vice of artist having an account there) is a massive overreach.

for not having massive boobs,
For having no boobs. There’s a bit of grade between that and “massive boobs” :V  
And obviously (to Patreon) no boobs means underage as opposed to “lacking boobs”.  
@Correction  
@𓃗𓂸
and it is from February.
As i said, patreon does this for a year and more now already.
It is not a coincidence that it is comming to derpibooru right now.
There were tweets about defunding and reporting derpibooru to patreon from the very people that derpibooru pandered to.
That patreon kicks this site out just after the site got reported to them is not a coincidence.

That the reports have brought it to patreon’s sight doesn’t make what patreon is doing overall any less shit.

@Officer Hotpants  
@𓃗𓂸
Today I learned that Patreon doesn’t know what bestiality is.
What do you mean they don’t know, they know perfectly well that it’s anything but two identical-levels-of-furriness characters being in a relationship!
Correction

@Barhandar  
interesting, so all the patreons who do not check out the announcement and aren’t in on the drama will now automatically donate into TSPs private pockets for “vector art”?

Can we have a confirmation for this? Is TSP this vector artist?
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Barhandar
interesting, so all the patreons who do not check out the announcement and aren’t in on the drama will now automatically donate into TSPs private pockets for “vector art”?
Can we have a confirmation for this? Is TSP this vector artist?

artist:the-smiling-pony,derpibooru badge 67 results  
!artist:the-smiling-pony,derpibooru badge 65 results: 13 from LightningBolt, 3 from Bigshot232, 18 uncredited entirely.

So yes, you can pretty confidently say that TSP is the most prolific (at least; more like “primary”) Derpi vector artist.
chucklefarts
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Contortionist
we have no interest in complying with such content purges at the behest of companies leveraging their positions for misguided moral crusades.

Oh the ironing. ^:)
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Princess Luna  
From what I have heard of Patreon and other sites I could even believe it is worse than that.

@Correction  
LOL, but this could actually be a good thing as it forces them to have publicly taken a stand against moral crusades. Also, the trade off of trying to appease the more radical elements (protection from this) no longer exists. It could even make many realize that we are all on the same boat with these societal forces (which I view as more upper class and technocratic than some).
Correction

@LightningBolt  
don’t care, if he wants money for his vector art he should make a new patreon and not try to leech off from derpibooru.  
That is very scummy, do you have no moral standards towards the very people who pay to keep this site alive?
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@doloresbridge  
I think they’ll still engage in colossal amounts of mental contortionism (as per the last almost two months) to justify their own moral crusading while disapproving of Patreon’s.
Kolbjorn

Banana
So, are the people that keep bitching here also goin to start a holy crusade for freedom of speech on pqtreon too? I mean, They are clearly afecting the rigths of NSFW artists
Background Pony #D967
@chucklefarts  
Yeah, it’s strange how removing content for arbitrary reasons suddenly becomes a bad thing when the tables are turned. Karma is a funny thing.  
Shrug
Correction

@Kolbjorn  
Already did, when patreon did shut down one /mlpol/ project.  
SubscribeStar, what derpibooru is using now, is just alive because of the support of the muh evil free-speech supporting nazis and the twitter warriors tried to shut it down and successfully got it banned from paypal, which is the reason why you can’t use it now to donate with paypal to derpibooru and you have to use some japanese site.  
Without the free-speech racism supporter, derpibooru would have no platform now.  
The people that you fought in the past month and that you shut down are the only reason why derpibooru can still take donations now.

Now i wonder:  
Will the censorship supporters now demand that derpibooru bows to patreon and removes all the problematic fetish content? And will they demand that derpibooru doesn’t use the fascit nazi site SubscribeStar?  
I mean, you aren’t a hypocrite, are you?
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Barhandar  
Indeed they could. That is why I still have distrust. I still will certainly keep my guard up but now that they are facing down the same thing and some of the pro-censorship side were calling for such to be banned it could teach them a lesson and make them at least more open to things. Being attacked externally can make your realize you’re in the same boat.

@Kolbjorn  
It is a lot of passive socital forces that are doing this and you bet that, while I can’t really do to much to Patreon itself, I am going to fight against this and defend this little coronor of the web from external forces like this too.
Correction

They are clearly afecting the rigths of NSFW artists

btw. just to correct that:  
Patreon isn’t going for NSFW artists, that is false. Patreon has an own option for adult content and is fine with it.  
It is just not fine with pedophilia and bestiality and has it’s own special definitions for it.

That doesn’t make the censorship and deplatforming less problematic, but you should use the right terms.  
So instead of “going for NSFW artists” you should write “going for pedophiles and bestiality artists”.
Cryosite
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I'm Kind of a Big Deal
I stand up for Derpibooru’s free speech.

I recognize the irony involved. I hope the staff learns from this.

Just like when Derpi staff choose to curate their platform in a way I dislike, Patreon can curate theirs the way they want. I dislike theirs too.

I urge both to lean towards free speech. I respect their right to disagree with me. I’m just voting they agree with me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread is little more now than "find some way to misinterpret statements to slander"