Markdown Migration

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Not sure if this goes here or the site bugs thread, but since the Markdown migration all embedded images from offsite have the name “aHR0cHM6Ly9pLmltZ3VyLmNvbS8xSWxpMEFqLnBuZw”. Every. Single. One.
Background Pony #786D
Apparently this new Markdown is keeping me from using the confirmation email for my new account.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #786D
I repeat the question: how have you deduced that, among the 100+ changes made to the site since Markdown was introduced, and completely ignoring the thousand plus changes your browser, ISP, and email service have made in that same timeframe, that Markdown is the issue.
Background Pony #786D
@The Smiling Pony
Nevermind, I just tried again and the account has been confirmed. I don’t know what happened there. Before it didn’t register because of, according to derpibooru, something having to do with Markdown. I honestly don’t know what happened.
Lil_VampireCJ
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Lil_VampireCJ
Hi I think I found a bug with the spoiler code, it doesn’t seem to spoiler texts went sent or in previews when you use the double straight brackets… aka (||) at both joints.
idk if its just not doing it for me or if its genuinely broken/bugged(if you need to know what device I am using, I am using a Windows 10 Laptop/Desktop PC.)
It only spoilers or works if I press the “spoiler” button…also image is spoilered bc if contains actual spoilered text containing disturbing subjects/NSFW…(I haven’t send the forum comment yet due to this issue.)
Also if I recall correctly there is a badge rewarded to users who find bugs/issues on this site but I am not doing it just for the badge; I am doing it because I find it to be a serious/problematic bug that could lead to users getting into trouble because their messages won’t “spoil” properly.
Lil_VampireCJ
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Lil_VampireCJ
Hi I think I found a bug with the spoiler code, it doesn’t seem to spoiler texts went sent or in previews when you use the double straight brackets… aka (||) at both joints.
Also lil Update on this, The spoiler only works if its on the same line/Paragraph as the other spoiler connector, it does not work or spoiler paragraphs/separate paragraphs or words on a separate line.
Background Pony #2D8C
Nested formatting using spoilers sometimes breaks. If the first or last character is a backslash certain special characters, like a forward or backslash (both if it escapes something or not), it can break differently. The nesting order can affect it.
**\begins with backslash**
**\begins with backslash**
_\begins with backslash_
\begins with backslash
^**\begins with backslash**^
^\begins with backslash^
\begins with backslash
\begins with backslash
\begins with backslash
||\begins with backslash||
\begins with backslash
||\begins with backslash||
^\begins with backslash^
no backslash
**no backslash**
_no backslash_
no backslash
^no backslash^
no backslash
no backslash
no backslash
no backslash
no backslash
no backslash
no backslash
no backslash
There are, if permutations are the correct way to think about them, several thousand possible orders to nest the formats, so the above is just a sample.
It can break without spoiler, but that’s more rare.
**ends with slash/**
Background Pony #2D8C
[…]
The “escape” button in the editor doesn’t escape dashes.
Just wanted to check if this is on the to-do list? I didn’t see @Princess Celestia comment about it and it fell to the previous page so I wanted to check.
Background Pony #2D8C
Seems like a line starting with a colon, following a blank line, forms an indent?
or something? Ah, I see from the HTML that it’s definition lists except it’s not requiring a space.
I don’t see anything about it on Derpi’s syntax guide.
it’s a problem for smilies
(this text is just to break the block)
)
Background Pony #2D8C
The syntax guide says:
Operator Description of result
>>123 Simple link to image
>>123s Small (64x64) thumbnail of the image
>>123t Regular (150x150) thumbnail of the image
>>123p Preview (500x500) size of the image
\
…but it looks like s is really 150x150, t is 320x240, and p is 800x600
rautamiekka
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The syntax guide says:
Operator Description of result
>>123 Simple link to image
>>123s Small (64x64) thumbnail of the image
>>123t Regular (150x150) thumbnail of the image
>>123p Preview (500x500) size of the image
\
…but it looks like s is really 150x150, t is 320x240, and p is 800x600
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
I have a question about Markdown syntax that isn’t covered by the guide: is it possible to apply Markdown operators to a few characters inside a word or a string of characters (to highlight a spelling mistake, for example)?
I know in Textile you could use square brackets to isolate the characters you wanted to apply the operator to, but I don’t know whether an equivalent exists in Markdown or not.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide