Markdown Migration

radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@Princess Celestia

I’ve seen in Reddit’s implementation of Markdown, the link parser doesn’t play well with URLs containing parentheses. It’ll treat the very first closing parenthesis as the end of the link syntax, truncating the actual URL and producing a broken link. (Argue as much as you want that URLs shouldn’t have parentheses, but Wikipedia does it, so I think the practice is here to stay.)

Testing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_(band)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_(band)

[Link text](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_(band))

Link text

Hmm. Seems to work for now.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

never big enough
A bit of unexpected behavior. In this post of mine there was an issue with escaping from the list. There’s a 2-item list in the middle of the post. After the list, the following two paragraphs aren’t supposed to be part of the list, but (until my most recent edit) the site indented them like they’re a continuation of item #2.
From my own testing, it looks like it was a quirk of the textile-to-markdown converter. In the process, a single space got added to the end of every paragraph, and to every blank line between paragraphs, which was enough to make Markdown think everything after the 2. was just one long paragraph.
Lemme test something:
  • List item
  • List item
  • List item
This paragraph isn’t supposed to be part of the list.
  • New list item
  • New list item
This paragraph isn’t supposed to be part of the list, but this time there’s a single space in the blank line after the list.
I guess those were non-breaking spaces causing me trouble before.
Sollace
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

I am the night!
Oooh, nice. The syntax reference has been updated too!

Edit: You should make it give the _primary_ syntax for italics, though.

Edit 2:
Testing: - | ^-^
Testing: ^-^ | \^-\^

Edit 3: (line break test)

Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

Escapes work \o/
\
Line 2
\
\
\
Line 3
\
Escapes work \\o/```

Multi-line code blocks are a little hungry, though.

Edit 4: Fixed line spacing. I think the line breaks issue has regressed because it's back to scrunching my paragraphs together.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
Testing the code blocks…
_test_ %test% `test`
Frickin’ A.
test
    test
And the indented code blocks work too. Neat. Up to you whether you want to mention that in the syntax guide.
(Note that inline code spans still trim whitespace, even if you use non-breaking spaces. test test test test)
Oh snap, HTML entities work too? À & &amp; 東   <blep></blep>
This is gonna be so much fun.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide