Markdown Migration

Background Pony #D0F6
It has probably been asked before but did I get that right from the first post?  
All the links and image embeds etc in my uploads will be converted automatically to the new format and will keep working, I don’t need to do anything manually?
Background Pony #2D8C
Also I can finally end link texts with commas, which is nice (the same goes for closing brackets). Before I needed to put a space between the url and those punctuations. Maybe that’s a niche bonus but it’s useful to me.
It’s a bit late to be learning textile things I guess, but, you could do that already…  
[“link apostrophe”:/]’d = link apostrophe’d  
[“link comma”:/], = link comma, comma (down dooby doo down down)  
([“link parenthetical”:/]) = (link parenthetical)  
\[[“link bracketed”:/]\] = [link bracketed]

Oh yeah, that reminds me, the dash-greaterthan shortcut for an arrow doesn’t do the thing anymore. ->

@PUBLIQclopAccountant  
@Sollace
AADC?
♫ I was caught in the middle of a feature update~  
Mark! Down!  
I looked ’round, and I knew there would be some debate  
Mark! Down!  
My mind raced. In the end, I was confused~  
Mark! Down!  
No one knew, how each symbol, symbol was used  
Mark! Down!
Background Pony #CAD1
Hopefully this wold help iOS users that use Mobile every other browser works but safari I get access denied while trying to Login with Safari
Background Pony #2D8C
If you code-noparse a post link, escaping backslashes appear preceding each greaterthan. Temporary effect of simultaneous textile-Markdown interference, or a genuine bug?  
\>\>1
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
Welcome to phase 2, actual database changes are being made. Currently you’ll still write Textile, but it’ll now be written as Markdown to the database and rendered directly, without the conversion layer in-between.

@Background Pony #2D8C  
Temporary effect. No parse won’t really exist as grammar after migration is complete.
Background Pony #2D8C
Here’s a slightly niche question:

With Textile’s [bq][/bq] syntax, it’s possible to reduce the spacing below the blockquote box and the following material by putting them on the same line (no newline):

vs:

I don’t see a way to do this with Markdown’s > syntax:

Am I right that there won’t be a way to reduce the spacing? …unless escaping the newlines will work once Textile is disabled, which obviously I can’t test now..?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide