Is "Just Ignore/Filter it!" really a good response?

Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Dusk Ealain  
I wrote an actual long response to your first question (yes there can be cases where it is a good answer and cases where it isn’t etc.), heck even considered siding with some of it - after all, I’m supposed to be the Naive Nice Guy around here.

But then you had to go all like: “forget my original point, here is an unspecified hearsay case that’s actual proof of mod tyranny, they silence guys like me, goodbye 4eva” Dude.

What do you expect if you’re not even trying? Troll harder.

PS. I didn’t follow your links but you should probably quit treating teens with video channels as sources of wisdom…
Soarinjack
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Perfect Pony Plot Provider -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Dusk Ealain  
As other people have pointed out, the entire point of tags is to make searching and filtering easy. That way you get to see only those images you want to see. There isn’t a similar system in place for individual comments, and it’s pretty damn impossbile to make without giving each comment their own tags. People complaining about seeing content in images they don’t like is not comparable with people seeing comments complaining about content. The former is easy filterable, the latter is not. Why do you think we have a wide array of drama tags? Because that’s an attempt to filter out annoying comments. Not perfect, mind you, bacause ducky OPs seldom add them themselves. So, no the two are not comparable at all, and, yes, “Just filter it” is a valid response.

a lot of times I will complain about the concept of something, but not because I dislike the concept in itself but rather how over-saturated it is, in a “Is this really all we can do?” way.

While that’s certainly a valid opinion to have, is an individaul image really the place to air said opinion? Take a prolific ship like “Soarindash”. Suppose an artist put a lot of time, energy and passion into creating an awesome Soarindash drawing, then uploaded it to/discovered it on Derpi, excited about reading the feedback. Do you really think it’s appropiate to highjack their drawing to talk about how oversaturated you think the concept is? I’d imagine the artist would be very annoyed by that. We have forums for that. Why not create an “underused ships/concepts/characteristics” thread? Or simply just “Why is there so much Soarindash?” It’s a legitimate question to have, just not suitable to bring up on any individual artist work.

To sum up:

“I don’t like this” : then filter it  
“Just filter it” : a hint that maybe you should use the tools available rather than clog up the comments with pointless negativity

But hey, I’m the one with the unpopular opinion, I’m the one who questions the status-quo. So what do I know? Maybe I’m just an idiot and can’t see the glory of doing the same fucking thing over and over with slight differences in scenarios/characters.

Passive-aggressive snark is a superquick way to make people stop caring about your argument.
NostalgiaSchmaltz
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Yes, it’s a valid response.

Instead of bitching about something in the comments, filter it. Nobody’s forcing you to look at it. By going into the comment section and whining about how you don’t like the content of the image, you’re only going to stir shit and start arguments/drama.

Now what’s the stop me from simply saying “Don’t like my comment, don’t read it!”

The difference is that there’s no way to filter peoples’ comments. as much as I wish there was And you’re going out of your way to complain and whine about something nobody is forcing you to look at, when you could just silently filter it and move on.

It’s like walking by a butcher shop and shouting into the door that you’re a vegetarian who hates meat. It’s just…oookay? Nobody is forcing you to go in there. You can silently agree to never go in there.

@Dusk Ealain  
Person A : Well I personally dislike [concept] because of [reasons]. [Optionally include actual praise of the artwork in hand.]
Person B : Well if you don’t like it, you should just filter it and stop bitching!

Now you’re getting into the semantics of criticism VS hate/whining. Bit of an apples-and-oranges situation there.
Officer Hotpants
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Literally3HitlersInACoat
@Dusk Ealain  
If you take issue with the execution, that’s material for a discussion. If you take issue with the content on a categorical level, on the other hand, then it’s a perfectly valid response. It’s the difference between saying “this grape soda tastes a little off” and “I don’t like grape soda”. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Complaining about other people enjoying flavors you don’t is pointless at best and an attempt to police others’ personal tastes based upon your own at worst.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide