Introducing a New Design

Dig Dug
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

full

jk

Honestly it just feels kinda like the view is too zoomed in, but I guess that’s just something that’ll go away with time.

All hail the new Trixiebooru!
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
While I do like the new layout, there are some problems I’m seeing from my phone.

One, the page numbers (and “prev/next” buttons) mix too well with the border color and renders them hard to see. This can be fixed by adding some darker colors to signify the pages.

Two, its size does not format well with my phone. It’s like writing a Word document and then your sentences break to move to the second line due to the lack of space. It works well with Word but this isn’t Word.

Other than that, it looks well made. The top border with all the buttons (notifications, user, etc) looks nicer compared to the rest.

I’ll try posting photos to show my points.
MadLibrary

I use my phone to view this site, and under the old version, you could view it in two images wide. In this version, there’s only a single column, so I have to essentially scroll twice as much to view a page. If it were possible to adjust the number of columns on the display, it’d be much appreciated
ED-SKaR
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I DON’T LIKE CHANGE!

Seriously though it looks nice, I’ll have to use it for a few days to make an informed opinion but so long as it’s functional, all is well.
Kibate
Artist - kibate

Honestly, i don’t like it. There is nothing wrong with per-se, but it seems to do the same function as last time, but it just looks different, and different is bad(see the stewie image above) if it doesn’t do anything new with it.
Background Pony #F29A
Have you ever had a phone just end up not loading a bunch of elements on a webpage, and it looks like this weird blank slate? That’s what this new design reminds me of.

I knew there was something the new look reminded me of. Yeah, parts of the site look oddly incomplete now, especially the page numbers and the options on image pages- you know, the bar with the upvote/downvote buttons on it. Both of those could use some more detail or some resizing.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Kibate  
According to the mods, this change does important things on the back end. So as long as it doesn’t obviously break the front end, it’s still worth doing.

Or as they say elsewhere on the Internet, “you’ll get over it.”
Kibate
Artist - kibate

@Background Human  
There might be subtle changes, but i doubt they required them to redesign the website.  
And yeah, people will get over it, we always do, but why force us to do such a thing in the first place?  
That advice is not that good. “I have killed your parents, but don’t worry, you will get over it eventually”
Plinko
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Professional Idiot
Shit looks all blah on my iPad, things are all out of place, text and menus are going off the screen… Not sure if it’s just because of “shitty apple product” or if something isn’t legitimetally lining up. If you need a screenshot because I suck at explaining things, shoot me a PM.
Amateur-draw
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

I love mudbaths
I like the old dising better. Also there is a bug in my pc if i now open derpibooru i can just see the not even my full screen and if i like to search things i can’t find the it some and some pics my computer won’t show and has nothing to do with the filters my computer is broke.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: old thread