Images with text pasted on the side

toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@NostalgiaSchmaltz  
Idk a definitive answer and I may be wrong here, but I’ve seen much earlier examples of this kind of thing, my guess is they stay because they have some artistic merit behind them and don’t fall under rule #5 of troll posts, or rule #1 of artist content and DNPs.
patec
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I don’t see why to delete them. They’re edits, and edits are generally allowed as long as the original artists don’t complain..
NostalgiaSchmaltz
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

They’re low-effort edits, though. Literally just taking someone else’s artwork and typing a paragraph of plain text on the side of it in a plain white background. It’s not even editing the actual image; just adding text off to the side.

Fanfiction belongs on the forums or on fanfiction sites, not edited onto the sides of images.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
A bunch of pointless garbage added to an existing image is pretty much the main case of “obligatory pony”, which is not allowed usually (Rule 3).  
That said, as long as they’re not trolling or such, it’s not a big issue.
NostalgiaSchmaltz

Ehh, they’re not really “obligatory pony” either, seeing as the text is also pony related.

I just figured that taking an image that’s already uploaded here, and adding text off to the side (with no other changes at all) would fall under some sort of text-focus or low-effort-edit rule.
patec
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@NostalgiaSchmaltz  
I would say so, yes.  
That’s why I didn’t delete the ones you reported.  
After all no one ever complained about these either.

If the original artists are ok with it, why not?

Obligatory Pony means you use a pony thing to make something not pony related suitable for this site, but actually the pony has no or only a small connection tp the thing and you only want people to look at the non-pony thing.  
The TV meme is a good example of what Obligatory Pony means.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide