I'm worried about Derpibooru after Patreon suspension

Poll results: Could Derpibooru shut down due to a lack of support?

No, you are worrying too much/overthinking things
53.33% 80 votes
Yeah, this is a possibility
46.67% 70 votes

Poll ended with 150 votes.

p0nyguy

As we now, Derpibooru’s Patreon has been suspended. They set up a few alternatives but I’m worried that a lot of people not will support them anymore because so many people are still upset with them, the site won’t be able to earn money to stay open, and will eventually shut down. I know that a lot of people are still using the site and some might choose support them but at the same time they upset a lot of people and some might want to see the site die completely. Is this a legit concern or am I simply worrying too much/over thinking it?
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
I think most people who got very upset aren’t really hugely into Derpibooru to begin with, so there’s little to worry about long-term; it’s just going to be an annoying month.
Background Pony #E7E7
@p0nyguy

>a lot of people not will support them anymore because so many people are still upset with them  
Do you mean Twitter, the channers,former Derpi users…? Because it doesn’t simply come from one side. Even among the staff there have been people mad towards the direction of this site (who have actually stepped down).

Your definition of people could perfectly apply to everyone in the generic sense.
aperture_tech
Duck - Quacking with portals.

lol
@Princess Luna  
I think a lot of people who were upset typically weren’t super active in the community more than anything. I mean, a lot of people I know who use this site were more than happy to just browse the content, and they happened to come out of the woodwork when deleting that content was being discussed.
Background Pony #C2E6
@Princess Luna  
Seems to collate with what people have guessing, wont know for certain until Derpy is done sorting through all the requests though.
Background Pony #4642
derpibooru should use cryptocurrency and change their website to hosted in onion tor search
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@p0nyguy  
I get that you are concerned, but i highly doubt that Derpibooru is going to die/shut down, so yeah it seems to me that you are overreacting way too much to this.

Like Luna said it’s just been a very stressful few months for a lot of people on the site, but everything seems to be dying down now and things seem to hopefully be getting back to normal.
Background Pony #3FDF
Eh, with all the alternative boorus that exist now thanks to the Rule 0 drama I’m not worried at all. If the site does shut down, the staff will have only their incompetence to blame.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@p0nyguy  
It says on the donation page on the sidebar

“The cost of running a site like Derpibooru is significant, and we rely on donations to help cover the site’s monthly operating costs, which are well over 600 USD per month. We have never made profit from Derpibooru, and have no desire to profit from running the site.”
Background Pony #B9E8
i hope it shuts down, there already multiple alternatives ready to take its place.
DJDavid98
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

Disy
@Background Pony #B9E8  
Assuming those alternatives have no possibility of ever being shut down of course, if Derpi is gone and the management of all the alternatives sprung up in its place find out running a booru is no small feat then we might end up with everyone losing in the end. The more sites the better, let’s not wish for any of them to be disappeared, pretty please.
Background Pony #5C67
And Derpibooru is still the most active of all the pony image sites, just based on comment frequency and forum activity alone. It’s nice to have choices but even with all the recent controversy and hand-wringing Derpi is still king by a mile.
Background Pony #FE66
There’s enough money for the rest of the year afaik. Most of the donators aren’t even aware of the recent events probably, so I think they’ll be donating anyway. If not, offer them some badges for money, Derpi users loves badges.

@merchent343  
Just comments, history and images are already covered by the altboorus.
PurpleSmart2

Twilight is best pony
And Derpibooru is still the most active of all the pony image sites, just based on comment frequency and forum activity alone. It’s nice to have choices but even with all the recent controversy and hand-wringing Derpi is still king by a mile.

I don’t care about the Derpibooru “community”. I never have. All I want is an imagebooru that doesn’t submit to the whims of the SJWs.

In any case, I doubt Derpibooru is going down anytime soon, no matter how much certain people would wish that were the case. Not only is there enough money to pay the servers for the next few months, there are also still enough people to donate to Derpibooru. There aren’t as many people who care about the whole Nazi picture debate as you might think.
Background Pony #A6AB
@PurpleSmart2  
Fortunately, quite a few people do care about authoritarian censorship and selective rule enforcement, as that has a much larger impact on a community than one OC. This weird belief that “the community” would or will disappear is misguided as well; the people with a passion for the show will naturally gravitate somewhere else, their fans will follow, and it will be the same group as it was before.
Flagrus

Manet immutabile fatum
@Background Pony #A6AB

That’s what struck me as odd too. Like, even if this site kicks the bucket (which is honestly unlikely), the community wouldn’t be bothered too much.  
Hell, last I checked ponybooru seemed to grow in popularity very nicely, despite the the screeching of certain individuals on the bird app.
Cosoca
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

*Blocks Your Path*
@p0nyguy  
Get woke, go broke.  
Derpi administration should have known better than to get involved in politics in the first place, whatever happens now is just what they will have to live with.

Good news is that derpi looks less and less necessary by the day so I would say that regardless of whether or not this site dies your fears are misplaced.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide