I am ANTI-CENSORSHIP. Change my mind.

Background Pony #6AB3
If you let nazis exist in some space, they will feel fine in it, and before you realize your place will be full of nazis. Nazis need to be weeded out before they have a chance to spread.

How much Aryanne art was here before it got banned? Also, are you sure it was posted by honest-to-god nazis and not just edgelords?
Ahegoo

The one who likes butts.
@YourPalWaver  
I’m not entirely sure I could really convince you of anything. Certain things just come naturally to me and I know for a fact that me and mostly everyone here operate on very different wavelengths.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

There isn’t a Nazism problem on this website anymore than there’s a communist one. Its a non-problem blown out of proportion because of a news article. Anyone who thinks Aryanne is a radicalising force doesn’t know how radicalisation works.
Background Pony #F13F
@Metro_Offset  
Oh that’s completely valid. When the site owner brushes it off as simply an economic theory, when we have april fool’s jokes that basically make the site a parody of Stalin era ussr for a day, when there are quite a number of users perfectly open to state bekng comfortable with the ideology, I’d say its reasonable to assume we have way more communists on this site, especially in the admin team, than we do nazis. Its fair to say this site’s given them way more than an inch here. Communist governments have proven deadlier than the Axis powers ever were. In fact, the argument could be made that said communist friendly imagery on this site is offensive to those killed by communism over the years, their families, and everyone who’s lived or contimues under the repressive thumb of a communist regime.

And still, I wouldn’t want to ban communist imagery from this place. If I hated it so much, I could just filter it out of my feed.
Background Pony #6A65
Ok, even if I’m more anti-censorship site I will try to write some argument to anti-nazi side:

1. Banning all nazi stuff makes mods and some users life just easier. This site has never allowed all content (rule 0) and people don’t agree where put line what is and what isn’t allow. Rule “no nazi” is simple. It also simplifies the tagging (like racists etc.).

2. What I see on the anti-censorship side is people saying “It’s just joke”. Well, it sounds bad if you compare that to meme “It’s just prank bro”. There are many users who tell it’s worth too ban all ofensive content to protect even one person. I think there is more than one person which is offended with nazi content.

3.Nazi content is easily shitposting material. Most people don’t like shitposting.

3. Context. Users come from all over the world (btw. this site is hosting on EU servers). Some references could be obvious for one and compltle incomprehensible for another. Aryanna isn’t the pony from show (obviously), so there are many fans which simple didn’t know about her history and purpose. Probably every picture need about five sentences to explain all context. It is difficult to enforce, probably even impossible, so “ban nazi”.

Of course for some points you can say “use filters”, but sometimes they don’t work and some people will feel bad that there are “nazi” stuff hidden on this website. Rule “no nazi” is simple, other solutions are not.
Ahegoo

The one who likes butts.
I suppose I’ll throw in my two cents, might as well at this point.

To be frank, I find this “anti-censorship” side ridiculous to start with. People who aren’t that well connected to reality and really need to go out more. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh, but it’s simply how I view it. Granted, for the sake of fairness, the opposing side has also blown shit far out of proportion, but you people act as if you’re free from sin here. You really ain’t.

On the thread that got locked a while ago, one of the BG pones was building on an interesting line of thought I actually hoped would continue. They were essentially offering the stance of, “Everything seems to be a joke to you all, so what isn’t?” Within the context of people referring to all Aryanne content as satirical works and such along with racially charged content in general.

And frankly… What isn’t a joke? They literally told one of the people it seems to have gotten to a point where they could openly admit they hate insert race here and get away with it because they’d just be calling it shits and giggles. I know humor is difficult to work with, but WHERE is the line? I believe this to be an issue more around the internet as a whole rather then derpibooru, but you get away with far too much behind a screen, FAR too much. You try running this shit to the general public and you’re either gonna be punched in the face or immediately ostracised and rightfully so. Because this shit isn’t fucking normal.

Like, I knew it was getting bad when people made unironic fucking comparisons to the HOLOCAUST. THE H O L O C A U S T. Do you understand how far up your ass you have to be to do something like that? I get making a joke, a playful comparison, but the anti-censorship crowd were unironically calling TSP Hitler and themselves the jews. Like. Dude. Who the fuck does that? But, I’m ranting a bit here so lemme get back to my main point.

Why does this matter so much? I hear freedom of expression all the time, but that’s just some bullshit virtue signaling and you fuckin’ know it. The site would be the exact same without Aryanne and nazi shit. So why go batshit over it? Why bring up “slippery slopes”? Do you think the mods are that stupid? And hell, even if they’re a fraction of the level of stupid needed to do that, they’re human. They make mistakes.

The only thing I’ve really seen from this side so far is people with a distinct lack of empathy who believe themselves righteous in all things. I tried to build a discussion at one point and literally got told by several of the anti-censorship crowd that “If I don’t agree, I’m just as bad as the rest” essentially. Basically using the same “black and white” thinking that they love accusing the “pro-censorship” crowd of.

Is it truely so difficult to see both sides? Is it really? I’ve yet to call anyone a nazi, man. I try to be reasonable, but there just isn’t any reason anymore.

So. Shit. There ya go. That turned into something really long-winded, and I’m sorry, but that’s all I got I think.
Background Pony #F13F
@Loopers  
“Why bring up “slippery slopes?”  
Because everytime someone says ‘they’re just going after the bad images’ its only logical to counter that bad is a relative term. I’ve seen people trying to move the goalpost from nazis to foalcon now while in the same breath calling the slippery slope a fallacy.

“Do you think the mods are that stupid?”  
Given the whole way this situation has beem handled, it certainly begets questions. No matter what side of the debate you’re on, I think we can all agree this whole thing was handle atrociously by the admin team.

“…even if they’re a fraction of the level of stupid needed to do that, they’re human. They make mistakes.”  
That can excuse a few slipups here and there but not this. This whole situation’s devolved into a clusterfuck, especially after the leaked chat logs displayed what the mods have been doing and saying outside of this whole situation. Even if they were stressed, just made a mistake or just felt overwhelmed by circumstance, that doesn’t justify any of what they’ve been doing the past few weeks. Certainly doesn’t justify other things like that ‘problematic’ badge they attached to certain accounts to identify and single out for abuse by mods.
Background Pony #F186
I suppose I’ll throw in my two cents, might as well at this point.
To be frank, I find this “anti-censorship” side ridiculous to start with. People who aren’t that well connected to reality and really need to go out more. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh, but it’s simply how I view it. Granted, for the sake of fairness, the opposing side has also blown shit far out of proportion, but you people act as if you’re free from sin here. You really ain’t.
On the thread that got locked a while ago, one of the BG pones was building on an interesting line of thought I actually hoped would continue. They were essentially offering the stance of, “Everything seems to be a joke to you all, so what isn’t?” Within the context of people referring to all Aryanne content as satirical works and such along with racially charged content in general.
And frankly… What isn’t a joke? They literally told one of the people it seems to have gotten to a point where they could openly admit they hate insert race here and get away with it because they’d just be calling it shits and giggles. I know humor is difficult to work with, but WHERE is the line? I believe this to be an issue more around the internet as a whole rather then derpibooru, but you get away with far too much behind a screen, FAR too much. You try running this shit to the general public and you’re either gonna be punched in the face or immediately ostracised and rightfully so. Because this shit isn’t fucking normal.
Like, I knew it was getting bad when people made unironic fucking comparisons to the HOLOCAUST. THE H O L O C A U S T. Do you understand how far up your ass you have to be to do something like that? I get making a joke, a playful comparison, but the anti-censorship crowd were unironically calling TSP Hitler and themselves the jews. Like. Dude. Who the fuck does that? But, I’m ranting a bit here so lemme get back to my main point.
Why does this matter so much? I hear freedom of expression all the time, but that’s just some bullshit virtue signaling and you fuckin’ know it. The site would be the exact same without Aryanne and nazi shit. So why go batshit over it? Why bring up “slippery slopes”? Do you think the mods are that stupid? And hell, even if they’re a fraction of the level of stupid needed to do that, they’re human. They make mistakes.
The only thing I’ve really seen from this side so far is people with a distinct lack of empathy who believe themselves righteous in all things. I tried to build a discussion at one point and literally got told by several of the anti-censorship crowd that “If I don’t agree, I’m just as bad as the rest” essentially. Basically using the same “black and white” thinking that they love accusing the “pro-censorship” crowd of.
Is it truely so difficult to see both sides? Is it really? I’ve yet to call anyone a nazi, man. I try to be reasonable, but there just isn’t any reason anymore.
So. Shit. There ya go. That turned into something really long-winded, and I’m sorry, but that’s all I got I think.

Truth has been spoken
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Loopers  
What if we do not give a shit about “real life” and simply we do not want to censor ponies?  
Why is everybody so upset about real life? I mean, not everybody here is a westerner, so from non-westerner perspective people on this site want to censor it because of shit that is happening in USA. (“muh aut-right”)  
Like, do you think it is fair for non-western folk to make this site be obsessed about west-shit?
Ahegoo

The one who likes butts.
@Armagedonus  
When did this become a western thing? And avoiding the real world until it becomes convenient is stupid. It’s the exact sort of mindset that builds this level of shitshow we’ve been seeing for… uh. How long has this been going on for?
Background Pony #6A65
@Loopers  
If I go to the real world to ask about nazi pony they would say that I’m nazi. Just like they said I’m gay because I watch MLP.
Ahegoo

The one who likes butts.
@Background Pony #F13F  
You see, this exact thing is my point.

Dude, like, come on. I’ll address the foalcon thing but everything else is just… Read what I said and read what you said again.

Now as for Foalcon… You honestly think that’s just a “pro-censor” side thing? I’ve seen it pointed to more then a couple times by people on your side. In fact, mostly everyone I see that has said it has been on your side here. We can bring in Twitter, I guess, but I don’t see much a point in doing that. In the end, I guess it’s all anecdotal evidence, but that’s what I’ve seen.

And to what I meant with the whole “pointing to” thing… Several folks, including a few bigger names have said, “Well, if you ban nazis but leave foalcon/rape, what message will that send?” Hell, I think even Jargon did that, though to be fair I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not. As it turns out, a lot of nuance is lost through words on a screen.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

When did this become a western thing?

Since it is westerners that are OBSESSED about “nahtzees”.  
Seriously, you guys see few thousands far-righters as a “plague of evil”, yet you deliberately ignore few DOZENS of thousands of far-left fanatics that riot in your cities.  
And avoiding the real world until it becomes convenient is stupid.

When fandom ignored real-life, then there was no bullshit.  
When fandom “cared” about real-life (like during Molestia bullshit or Derpi bullshit) then fandom was divided for weeks.  
Seriously - FUCK REAL-LIFE!
Infinite Winter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Go to Ponybooru
@Loopers  
Okay, lets see what are we working with…  
I know humor is difficult to work with, but WHERE is the line?

IMO there is no need for drawing a line. People must have an ability to joke about everything and everyone. You know, laughter beats fear and all of that? People joke about Holocaust. People joke about 9/11. People joke about Chernobyl. However yeah, I see where you are coming from. But. I will be glad if someone disproves this, but I think that to take ideas from jokes into real life you need to be easily influenced, or have preexisting biases.  
The site would be the exact same without Aryanne and nazi shit

It will restrict user ability view and upload images with certain themes in them. And also by banning just one side, it will start to create echo chamber to another, or if mods will ban anything regarding “hate speech”, it will enable ability to everything go down slippery slope. Speaking of:  
Why bring up “slippery slopes”? Do you think the mods are that stupid?

No. But you know how baby gets what it wants? By throwing a tantrum. And if you will respond to this tantrum by giving in, then this cycle will continue. People will screech about anything they don’t like existing on this site and treating to destroy sites funding, DNP-ing and spreading misinformation until mods will give in to their demands. This is if mods will give in now. If you stop this mob from doing Purity Crusade right now, they will be off searching new target.  
Basically using the same “black and white” thinking that they love accusing the “pro-censorship” crowd of.

I agree. Polarization is real and it saddens me. I think people who will dismiss your words by saying that “you are as bad as the rest” are really missing the point.

I’ve yet to call anyone a nazi, man.

And please let it be that way. Calling someone a Nazi without certainty that they are does more damage to this words bad meaning then some cartoon horse. We have seen it happen before.

I see where pro-censorship side is coming from. Also I see what dangers are lying in that path. And I honestly think that it is not worth it.
Ahegoo

The one who likes butts.
@YourPalWaver  
Both, honestly. My bad if that seems a little dickish to say, but everyone seems 900% set in their ways, so I’m a little cynical in regards to this.
Background Pony #F186
@Armagedonus  
Man the far-leftist are rioting to protect their rights to exist, the far rightist are killing because they don’t llike certain people. They cannot be placed on the same moral level.
Background Pony #F13F
@Loopers  
Of course not only pro censor people want to get rid of foalcon, I’m just using that as an example of the relative nature of what people consider a ‘bad’ image and that I doubt some of the same people who are for purging Aryanne are now aiming their ire at a new tag they think needs to be disposed of. My point was this doesn’t just stop at getting rid of nazi imagery despite whatever the site owners say. If those people push this and bring enough force, there’s no way the admins could stand up to accusations they’re ignoring potential predators bu allowing foalcon here. Up until recently, they could have simply responded ‘just filter it’ but, now that they set precendent with this new rule, they leave themselves open to be pressure campaigned into another image purge for a diffent category of content. That’s why I used it as an example of the slippery slope. Today, its just the ‘bad’ nazi images but that just leaves the door open to further tag purges down the line.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide