Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #6B3A in topic For what it's worth, mods/admins -- thank you

Background Pony #6B3A
"[@Parasprite":](/forums/meta/topics/for-what-it-s-worth-mods-admins-thank-you?post_id=4835848#post_4835848
)  
None of the people here are in the thread discussing this stuff, it is hard to have a conversation otherwise. Furthermore YOU haven't been in the respective thread yourself to explain yourself, despite multiple calls for that.

"

[
@Potluck":](/forums/meta/topics/for-what-it-s-worth-mods-admins-thank-you?post_id=4835851#post_4835851
)  
This is true, if theres one thing I will give to them is their grandfathering of the rules. Something I already praised them for, especially because some do calls for a total purge.

Despite my many posts, and while I like Aryanne, I also think like you that this ban would be extremely minimal and, if the spotlight wasn't brought to it, would only affect a tiny fraction of pictures in the future. (The streisand effect is bound to affect it though, and it is also starting to create troll/taunting pictures like "[this":](/images/2385187) .)

The reason I personally debate and protest this is because after this (and the lack of responsability/community discussion by the administration regarding this) I do NOT have any trust at all in the administration for the future. I also believe this is the case for a lot of the artists currently issuing DNPs. Wether the slippery slope is real or not, there is absolutely nothing to guarantee us that a random trash article in the future won't be used to add more rules to that list, considering that again, they said 3 weeks ago that nothing would be done.

I would love to see the thought process for this decision or any clear message about it. So far everything that happened this month on this side has been handled with the PR level of a potato and it is sad to see.
Reason: formatting and stuff.
Edited by Background Pony #6B3A
Background Pony #6B3A
"@Parasprite":/forums/meta/topics/for-what-it-s-worth-mods-admins-thank-you?post_id=4835848#post_4835848
None of the people here are in the thread discussing this stuff, it is hard to have a conversation otherwise. Furthermore YOU haven't been in the respective thread yourself to explain yourself, despite multiple calls for that.

"@Potluck":/forums/meta/topics/for-what-it-s-worth-mods-admins-thank-you?post_id=4835851#post_4835851
This is true, if theres one thing I will give to them is their grandfathering of the rules. Something I already praised them for.

Despite my many posts, and while I like Aryanne, I also think like you that this ban would be extremely minimal and, if the spotlight wasn't brought to it, would only affect a tiny fraction of pictures in the future. (The streisand effect is bound to affect it though, and it is also starting to create troll/taunting pictures like "this":/images/2385187 .)

The reason I personally debate and protest this is because after this (and the lack of responsability/community discussion by the administration regarding this) I do NOT have any trust at all in the administration for the future. I also believe this is the case for a lot of the artists currently issuing DNPs. Wether the slippery slope is real or not, there is absolutely nothing sto guayrantee us that a random trash article in the future won't be used to add more rules to that list, considering that again, they said 3 weeks ago that nothing would be done.

I would love to see the thought process for this decision or any clear message about it. So far everything that happened this month on this side has been handled with the PR level of a potato and it is sad to see.
Background Pony #6B3A
"@Parasprite":/forums/meta/topics/for-what-it-s-worth-mods-admins-thank-you?post_id=4835848#post_4835848

"@Potluck":/forums/meta/topics/for-what-it-s-worth-mods-admins-thank-you?post_id=4835851#post_4835851
This is true, if theres one thing I will give to them is their grandfathering of the rules. Something I already praised them for.

Despite my many posts, and while I like Aryanne, I also think like you that this ban would be extremely minimal and, if the spotlight wasn't brought to it, would only affect a tiny fraction of pictures in the future. (The streisand effect is bound to affect it though, and it is also starting to create troll/taunting pictures like "this":/images/2385187 .)

The reason I personally debate and protest this is because after this (and the lack of responsability/community discussion by the administration regarding this) I do NOT have any trust at all in the administration for the future. I also believe this is the case for a lot of the artists currently issuing DNPs. Wether the slippery slope is real or not, there is absolutely no say that a random trash article in the future willon't be used to add more rules to that list, considering that again, they said 3 weeks ago that nothing would be done.

Background Pony #6B3A

The reason I personally debate and protest this is because after this (and the lack of responsability/community discussion by the administration regarding this) is because I do NOT have any trust at all in the administration for the future. I also believe this is the case for a lot of the artists currently issuing DNPs. Wether the slippery slope is real or not, there is absolutely no say that a random trash article in the future will be used to add more rules to that list, considering that again, they said 3 weeks ago that nothing would be done.

Background Pony #6B3A

Despite my many posts, and while I "like Aryanne", I also think like you that this ban would be extremely minimal and, if the spotlight wasn't brought to it, would only affect a tiny fraction of pictures in the future. (The streisand effect is bound to affect it though, and it is also starting to create troll/taunting pictures like "this":/images/2385187 .)

The reason I personally debate and protest this is because after this (and the lack of responsability/community discussion by the administration regarding this) is because I do NOT have any trust at all in the administration for the future. I also believe this is the case for a lot of the artists currently issuing DNPs. Wether the slippery slope is real or not, there is absolutely no say that a random trash article in the future will be used to add more rules to that list, considering that again, they said 3 weeks ago that nothing would be done.

Background Pony #6B3A

Despite my many posts, and while I "like Aryanne", I also think like you that this ban would be extremely minimal and, if the spotlight wasn't brought to it, would only affect a tiny fraction of pictures in the future. (The streisand effect is bound to affect it though., Iand it is also starting to create troll/taunting pictures like "this":/images/2385187 because of how it demark itself.)

Background Pony #6B3A

I also think like you that this ban would be extremely minimal and, if the spotlight wasn't brought to it, would only affect a tiny fraction of pictures in the future. The streisand effect is bound to affect it though. It is also starting to create troll/taunting pictures like "this":/images/2385187 because of how it demark itself.

No reason given
Background Pony #6B3A
None of the people here are in the thread discussing this stuff, it is hard to have a conversation otherwise. Furthermore YOU haven't been in the respective thread yourself to explain yourself, despite multiple calls by people for that.

I also think like you that this ban would be extremely minimal and, if the spotlight wasn't brought to it, would only affect a tiny fraction of pictures in the future. The streisand effect is bound to affect it though. It is also starting to create troll/taunting pictures like "this":/images/2385187 because of how it demark itself.

The reason I personally debate and protest this is because after this (and the lack of responsability/community discussion by the administration regarding this) I do NOT have any trust at all in the administration for the future. I also believe this is the case for a lot of the artists currently issuing DNPs. Wether the slippery slope is real or not, there is absolutely no say that a random trash article in the future will be used to add more rules to that list, considering that again, they said 3 weeks ago that nothing would be done.

No reason given
Background Pony #6B3A
None of the people here are in the thread discussing this stuff. Furthermore YOU haven't been in the respective thread yourself to explain yourself, despite multiple call by people for that.

I also think like you that this ban would be extremely minimal and , if the spotlight wasn't brought to it, would only affect a tiny fraction of pictures in the future. The streisand effect is bound to affect it though. It is also starting to create troll/taunting pictures like "this":/images/2385187 because of how it demark itself.

The reason I personally debate and protest this is because after this (and the lack of responsability/community discussion by the administration regarding this) I do NOT have any trust at all in the administration for the future. I also believe this is the case for a lot of the artists currently issuing DNPs. Wether the slippery slope is real or not, there is absolutely no say that a random trash article in the future will be used to add more rules to that list, considering that again, they said 3 weeks ago that nothing would be done.

No reason given