Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Compu
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Smol Robot Filly
tag suggestions as u type in the search bar would nice, sometimes it’s really difficult to figure out exactly what the tag u want is called
Posted Report
LemonDrop
Duckinator - Same nonsensical quacks in every pond
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Silver Bit -

C++ Crazed
@TexasUberAlles
Sure but that’s extra hassle, I think just implementing the same autocomplete in the search bar would be nice and is just something lacking compared to other sites (see: e621).
Posted Report
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Compu
@LemonDrop
Like this post mentions, it was deliberately decided against to avoid issues like NSFW suggestions showing up when looking for something innocent on default filters.
Though, when I use SFW filters, said NSFW suggestions don’t show up anyway when tagging (example: the auto-suggestions after mare on 18+ R34 aren’t quite the same…), so maybe that wasn’t actually necessary?
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
iirc it’s something that would be cool at some point, but a proper implementation that doesn’t introduce new issues would take time that’s currently being focused on architectural issues.
Posted Report
LemonDrop
Duckinator - Same nonsensical quacks in every pond
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Silver Bit -

C++ Crazed
@Roseluck
The tag suggestions take the filter into account so this shouldn’t be a problem. Dunno why they discounted it to begin with, maybe they just didn’t know how it operates because I am pretty sure it takes filters into account.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0F89
@LemonDrop
Filter-affected autocompleting was a relatively recent new feature.
Anyway, I’d suggested making search autocomplete an opt-in for registered users, as another way around the “unexpected NSFW in your face” problem.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0F89
@The Smiling Pony
On the one hand, yes
On the other hand, it’s in a pinned thread titled “userscripts” in the same forum, so it’s not like it’s lost secret impossible-to-find info
Posted Report
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

It occurred to me just now that the upvote/downvote/fave buttons on the main and search pages on mobile are pretty small and easy to fat finger. Maybe make those bigger?
Posted Report
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Litrojia
Not dismissing your complaint, but I wonder if your screen’s pixel density is higher than normal – the buttons are at a good size to tap with my thumbs for the few phones that I have,
Posted Report
Background Pony #2A5F
@Litrojia
Upvote and downvote are spaced enough for me. But I keep accidentally faving (and then unfaving) images that I merely want to upvote.
Posted Report
Ponylooker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Platinum bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

We Crossdress Harder
It would probably be a good idea if artists on the do-not-post list with no images on the site had their DNP information show on the search page, as it does for artists who do have images.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0F89
For the quick tag box:
Instead of having all the shipping tag tabs each with a small wall of tags, a mini-search box where you can enter comma-separated character names and it’ll give you the results of a tag search for implies:shipping, implies:character 1, implies:character 2, ... as quick tag buttons? Bonus points if the search box offers autocomplete and/or alias resolution (ie. currently, you can’t search for implies:ts where ts is an alias for twilight sparkle).
Posted Report
Background Pony #0F89
When attempting to add a tag that’s already present, eg. by clicking an autocomplete option or pressing comma, instead of leaving the text in the input field (thus making you select-all-delete, throwing off the flow), clear the field like normal and highlight the tag in its existing place to indicate that it was already there.
Posted Report
Background Pony #0F89
Limit quantities of tags added at a time to something sane. The only time I see attempts to add, say, >300-400 tags at a time (as in, a single operation) by non-moderators are vandals. (Or maybe just the one vandal.) This could also be made to auto-report or auto-timeout the IP/user for a short period (like 5min or something).
By the way, do you think y’all might expunge the hundreds of thousands of tag changes polluting the various tag change histories?
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
Limit quantities of tags added at a time to something sane. The only time I see attempts to add, say, >300-400 tags at a time (as in, a single operation) by non-moderators are vandals.
This.
Also, a global tag changes page that lists all tag changes from the last 24-48 hours, like comments and forum posts. Could be useful for monitoring for aberrant tagging behavior.
By the way, do you think y’all might expunge the hundreds of thousands of tag changes polluting the various tag change histories?
This, too. Troll tagging does not need to be preserved. Give trolls no way to leave permanent public marks. (If it has to be preserved, for moderation logging purposes, it should be done in a non-public way.)
Posted Report
Roxor
Artist -

Just a thought regarding machine learning: Stable Diffusion by default puts the generation parameters into the PNG file it generates as some variety of PNG chunk (I haven’t looked into the specifics). Maybe Derpibooru could extract that out if it’s present and automatically add it to the description when it gets uploaded?
Posted Report
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
Preserve comments from deleted images. It’s annoying to get a notification of “new comments” and then see nothing because the image was deleted. New comments, of course, would be locked at the moment of deletion.
Posted Report
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
Feature idea: allow polls in comments
Just something for people to be silly in the comment sections without requiring other users to spam the comments with replies containing only their vote
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
I can’t think of any example where anyone other than the artist creating a poll would not be deleted for Rule #6. And even if an artist did it on their own art, that risks running into the “game the site’s vote system” depending on what they are doing.
If you wanted to have a poll in the comments for an image, and it was on-topic for the artist’s work, you could link a poll from the forums. That way the poll and any discussion of the poll would be in the forums instead of in fanart comments.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide