Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Mosea
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In the mobile version, it’s hard to watch a tag, as you can’t really hover a mouse over it. I can’t even hover my finger over the tag to cause a mouse over type thing to happen like with some sites for some reason. Instead I have to either press on the tag and press watch before the tag search loads, or hold the tag and make it highlight the text, which then counts as a mouse over.

I’ll suggest maybe having the + (or -) clickable to watch or unwatch a tag. Or perhaps have some other system of doing this exclusive to mobile, since the way it is, is completely fine for desktop.
RiskyPony
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Hi, I’d suggest disabling the ability to leave comments anonymously, given recent events and the kinds of people who are leaving tons of anonymous comments. Thanks for your time.
O. Hancock
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Penis
I would second that motion, on a very temporary basis, for all images. However, I think in the forums it needs to be only for topics in which one has not already posted in anonymously. If you’ve already been talking anonymously there before the feature was disabled you should be able to continue on if you’re responsible and don’t break the rules.
O. Hancock

Penis
@RiskyPony
@O. Hancock
…usually very fast to beat down spammy comments.

@Damaged  
Well, I just was thinking for a couple days or so while the protests are going on. The mods have been having trouble with this actually because right now is not the usual time. They’ve been resorting to deleting comments that aren’t even breaking the rules here and there or locking down entire images due to the tags they have, simply because they don’t seem to have the resources to deal with all of it right now. I don’t blame them, they’re very likely doing the best they can. I’m just saying… a couple days might be a good idea, if they know how to code it easily.
Background Pony #D06C
@RiskyPony

@O. Hancock  
I suggest the opposite, that comments on images with certain tags just be left uncensored entirely. People know what they’re getting into when they click on a controversial image and disabling comments either shunts arguments elsewhere or leaves the two sides smoldering. As long as it doesn’t spill over into other comment sections it should be fine.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@Background Pony #D06C  
As long as it doesn’t spill over into other comment sections it should be fine

I do believe it’s already been fairly conclusively proven that segregation is a bad idea and doesn’t actually improve anything.

If an image promoting racist horseshit is drawing so much aggro for being racist horseshit that the tags and comments have to be locked, it seems kinda super obvious that the image itself shouldn’t be here. If anyone wants a record of what chuds and shitbirds think is kekilicious they can go to desuarchive.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@O. Hancock  
The ability to post anon is one of the reasons this site is so successful, because it allows people a way to separate aspects of their activity here. Not everyone is comfortable showing their username on every comment or post they make. Removing that feature, even temporarily, because of a few bad actors would be disproportionately harming the majority of users with a legitimate use for it (especially given there are plenty of users who openly post the same sort of messages under their own username).

As an aside, another reason for the site’s success is its relatively non-discriminate content policy. I personally feel that reactively changing that to cater to a temporary political issue would be damaging in the long term. But hey, that’s just me.

E: and doesn’t time make fools of us all.
rannius
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

cya on a better booru
@Archonix  
Seconded, and to cater to a temporary american political issue is especially pointless since there will be like half a dozen more before their next election alone.
Mosea
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Although I don’t like these kinds of images here, I personally think they should stay with comments and tag changes disabled. Just so that this site stays as a bit of an archive for these images and be found if needed, and then so people don’t complain about censorship or something here.
Jinx
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Thread Starter - the masters mansion

Loves a German
Suggestion: allow site admins to see who posted it on an account, even through anon. Its been done elsewhere. Its a bit extra coding for a feature the majority wont be abusing.

(On the anon posting topic)
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Jinx  
Hi! ^__^ And, yeah - that’s a thing, as anyone who has looked at the source for the site can see. But in practice it isn’t always as easy as “Oh, it’s you.” So it’s something that we don’t give people until they’ve had practice with the rest of the site for a long time. It is one of those things that sometimes makes things more confusing and less fun.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide