Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Background Pony #2C2F
@byte[]  
I went and checked, and can confirm that if it was originally uploaded as JPG, this trick would return a JPG saved as PNG. I did not know that, so thanks for this; I wouldn’t have checked otherwise.
Background Pony #0F89
@Background Pony #102C  
@stsyn  
PNGs of JPEGs make the baby Flurry Heart cry. I’ve been tempted to create the tag “png of a jpeg” when I see files like that here, but other than soothing my internal righteous indignation, it might not be good for anything.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@stsyn  
Yeah, twitter very rarely gives the original PNG.

Basically, you only get a PNG if the upload is small (below about 2000x2000) and is black and white.  
All other times it either just converts to JPG or does what you said.

At least one artist has allowed me to post his Patreon images once he publishes them on twitter, and I actually compare them each and every time. Even on his black and white sketches that are still in PNG, about 10% of the time the md5 of both is the same, the rest of the time they are only perceptually identical.

Without having the original image to compare hashes to, it’s impossible to tell if a PNG on twitter is the original image.

This one, for example, was obviously tampered with. My archiver only found the original provided by the artist with a pHash.

full

This one, however, was stored in full quality and was bit-perfect.

full
Jinx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -
Thread Starter - the masters mansion

Loves a German
Can we have the old post search system in the forums back? Its hell to try and work the new one and was perfectly fine originally. If i might ask, what warranted changing it?
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Jinx  
Already filed an issue on the tracker for it

The old one was… let’s say, difficult to implement when I rewrote the site for Philomena so I didn’t bother at the time. I would revert it but there’s nothing to to revert it to.
Jinx
Economist -
Thread Starter - the masters mansion

Loves a German
I havent read into anything, so forgive my asking of obvious stuff. (Handling unruly people in a discord RN)
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Could the saturation on the new darker area around tag counts maybe be lowered a little bit? On the Light theme at least there’s just slightly more contrast with the tag name side than seems necessary to visually separate them, so it can get kinda distracting on images with a ton of tags.
O. Hancock

Penis
Can we get the forum topic search feature re-added? It’s been gone since Philomena. I know I’m not the only one who used it.
O. Hancock

Penis
@Jinx  
Oh. Well I used the “local” topic search as in the one that still exists that lets you search for terms within a topic. I searched for “topic search” and “forum search.” I guess I should’ve just tried “search.” I’m sorry to say, I don’t remember what it was actually called. (Is “post search” actually correct?) You can’t say I didn’t try though. I mean, I read the first post in this topic for the rules, and I tried to follow them.  
¯(°_o)/¯
O. Hancock

Penis
@Jinx

I’ve asked about this in other topics before I figured out that this was a better topic to try. (I was in the site bugs topic and somewhere else.) I was asking on and off for months, and I never got any responses. Considering the relative age of this topic, the likelihood of you coincidentally suddenly asking this just before I asked around the same time now were very very low. So I don’t think I had a lack of due diligence by not specifically checking the latest page of posts.

Just sayin’.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Can there be an any or all category for commission type searching that would search all listings regardless of art finishing or type? Still respecting all other filters, of course.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
I forget if I’ve asked about this before, but are there any plans to add the ability to add parent post links to group edits of the same image (kind of like how it’s done on e621)?
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Brokedownandmadeone  
What I’m asking for is more of a way to group all the edits of a single image: SFW, Questionable, all 37 NSFW variants.

Galleries seem to be used in practice for grouping images on a user-defined theme. comic/series/fanfic are all good tags, but they’re not for grouping the edits of a single image. If anything, the comic: tag of a popular comic that’s not on the DNP list can become an obstruction to following the comic when too many edits, recolors, and meme templates are competing for space with the actual comic (especially when no one put a previous/next link in the comments or description).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide