Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@platinumdrop  
We have no plans to lock or kill the site so long as people use it and we’re all still alive and able to maintain it.

There will be technical changes, and there will be thematic changes as MLP itself changes, but I intend to die of old age and the site to survive me.
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Pony #00F1

Once the usual workflows of the site are satisfied (uploading, searching, voting, commenting, posting, sending messages) we’ll start pushing people over. It’s not there yet (no write actions are implemented other than registration and changing filters).
Starry Mind
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Take pride. 🌈
Quite a lot of my forum posts are anonymous, and there’s no way to find them after I post them without having to remember which posts I made. There’s no easy list for them, and this only covers forum posts that are publicly linked to our accounts.

I think it would be better if our anonymous posts were included in the page I linked.
Ruchiyoto
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -

Philosopher
There are several features missing or should be added to this site. I have two very reasonable suggestions.

1. Hide/Remove Comments  
    There are times when users may break the site rules (for an example #0 and #1) I think every individual should have the option to delete unnecessary comments or at least hide it from other viewers. The uploader or artist may modify their posts at their own hands especially when they feel like they’re being attacked.

It is optional to report comments however, but I do believe it would be more accurate to remove certain comments manually by the user. It’s just like hiding or changing filters of a specific tag to hide.

Pros  
  • Content Removal  
  • Clears Spam Comments

Cons  
  • Slightly Abusive  
  • Unnecessary Removal

1. Block/Hide Users

Sometimes most users may discover something or someone they don’t like. I am not referring to tag filters, blocking should be an option or being able to hide the user and in addition to unable to view their content (e.g. comments, forums, posts).

Everyone has opinions to share but no one should not be mistreated. Harassment and bullying a user is unnecessary. Blocking a person would definitely help avoid messages and comments of any kind from a user that is misbehaving.

Pros  
  • Helps Ignore Trolls  
  • Disables Direct Messaging From The User That Is Blocked

Cons  
  • Unnecessary Abuse (e.g. blocking critics, site moderators, admin)  
  • Lose Privileges From Receiving Updates From User That’s Blocked (e.g. new posts, incoming Direct Messages, new notifications)

That is all I have for now.  
    Hopefully this was understandable.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Ruchiyoto  
“Slightly Abusive”  
Uh. What stops me flagging every comment on my uploads?

“blocking should be an option or being able to hide the user and in addition to unable to view their content (e.g. comments, forums, posts)”

You could just not read/react to them.

—————

That said, I’ve found staff have always been fast and efficient at dealing with actual problems, and have always acted with the utmost discretion.
Ruchiyoto
Artist -

Philosopher
@Ruchiyoto
“Slightly Abusive”
Uh. What stops me flagging every comment on my uploads?
“blocking should be an option or being able to hide the user and in addition to unable to view their content (e.g. comments, forums, posts)”
You could just not read/react to them.
—————
That said, I’ve found staff have always been fast and efficient at dealing with actual problems, and have always acted with the utmost discretion.

I mean if someone is going to remove a comment then there should be a reason, no? I understand some comments can be hateful or off topic but if it’s for criticism, then why remove it?

Don’t @me
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Ruchiyoto  
Okay, let’s say I dislike an artist. I start working to be the only person to upload their stuff, checking their main publish site day and night (maybe with a bot). I publish all their things before anyone else.

Then I just delete all the comments forever.

What I’m trying to point out is that this idea is abusive and can make ostracizing artists/users a game.

As for @ing you, that is automatic in the reply process. You even did it yourself.
Ruchiyoto
Artist -

Philosopher
@Damaged  
That was literally why I put “Slightly Abusive” under Cons not everyone will agree with this idea. This is just my suggestion.

This is the main reason what’s wrong with this site. It may not be perfect as I expected when I joined. So here I am now.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Retired Ass
@Damaged
I understand some comments can be hateful or off topic but if it’s for criticism, then why remove it?

The number of reports I had to deal with, when I was a mod, that were against constructive, critical comments tells me that this isn’t ever going to be a good idea. Just off the top of my head, I can think of a dozen or so users who would love to be able to delete any comments on their uploads that were even mildly critical. It’s an idea that has been suggested multiple times, and rejected in each case because it’s too open to abuse.

Blocking or hiding users has also been suggested and rejected several times for similar reasons.
Ruchiyoto
Artist -

Philosopher
@Damaged  
Okay, here’s an example what I mean:  
Let’s say someone comments on your post, they say nice things and describe how good it looks - but wait… you just removed their comments. Why?  
That’s abusive if you’d ask me.

If someone were to harass a user simply because they couldn’t draw perfect, would you think it’s okay for them to spit out curse words and death threats?

Probably not.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide