Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Dunno why the original post says that there’s no plans to hide individual images when you can do that using id:0 in the complex filter box using whatever number the image is, which hides the image from results (but not recent comments page for some reason) tho it’s very hard for the average user to know about this, and I feel it should be made easier somehow, even if just with an extra text note about it existing.

I say this mostly as I want to discourage using my:downvoted to hide images, as it leads to unjust extra downvotes on stuff that could be avoided by simply hiding images a different way.

Complex filters need to be made more clear in general too, people ignore them too much and get lazy and make too many pointless tags that accomplish the same things a complex search would.
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Dunno why the original post says that there’s no plans to hide individual images when you can do that using id:0 in the complex filter box using whatever number the image is, which hides the image from results (but not recent comments page for some reason) tho it’s very hard for the average user to know about this, and I feel it should be made easier somehow, even if just with an extra text note about it existing.

If you can hide images with the ID number, then why not make it easier to use with a button to put it in your complex filters? Like we can with any tag? That would make it three steps quicker and easier.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@SuperSupermario24  
Yeah, but only after you’ve filtered out the stuff you can predict not wanting to see.

TBH I think it’d be better if downvotes didn’t affect image scores but could be used as a filter. That way there would be no problem with DV abuse other than to the folks who hatevote stuff: they would just be doing manually the thing they could be doing automatically.

If would also facilitate filtering out SYDWTS by specific uploaders/artists who insist on remaining anonymous.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@LightningBolt  
+1

It’s really bothering me that the easy-hide-an-image feature works by downvoting it. Probably 95% of the images I would go to the effort of hiding aren’t images I would actually downvote, but images I want to remove from watchlists and searches because while they are there due to tags they aren’t things I’m actually looking for and just don’t have an interest in seeing.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
Slightly related to the downvote-hiding thing: I remember it being suggested before to make it so you can’t downvote images from the thumbnail, but have to actually enter the pic itself to downvote it.

Would that be something that could help keep downvotes from just being spammed on stuff? A good idea? Just tossing it out there~
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@LightningBolt  
But mountains are so much funner than molehills! D=  
[Was just tossin the idea out there. I don’t have as much a stake in the system as others might]

Here’s an idea! Keep downvotes working for the person that made it, but doesn’t change anything for anyone else, a Placebo downvote! [joking]
Some Pacifier Pone
Thread Starter - Caption the Picture Above You
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <PacificGlow> DEEWKS NUTZ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

um???? lmao???
@Zeb  
Here’s an idea! Keep downvotes working for the person that made it, but doesn’t change anything for anyone else, a Placebo downvote! [joking]

Big $$ for Derpi! :D
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Zeb  
That’s already implemented on anything you have spoilered. They even changed the red arrow to a really dark red arrow lately.
SpokenMind93
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

Snarky, Sassy and Sexy
Don’t know if this has ever been suggested but I think this would be a nice feature:

Let uploaders have the ability to see and/or hide comments that are trolling/discriminating/namecalling/general hating/general just not what the uploader wants to see.

This way uploaders can have freedom around their pictures and make it seem like they have control over it. As it is now, some comments get deleted before uploaders even can see them and I think that’s a bit “overprotective”.

I don’t know, just a suggestion and I don’t know if it could be done as I have no knowledge of site making whatsoever xD
SpokenMind93
Artist -

Snarky, Sassy and Sexy
@Sff  
Yes but the uploader should have the right to read them. So atleast give a feature to show them to the uploader without bothering a mod all the time.
Background Pony #F95A
No. If you really have some morbid interest in knowing what colourful way someone called you an autistjewcucknigger or whatever insult is popular in the chans these days, you can just ask a mod. I have serious doubts most uploaders are going to want to see it, and a fair recollection of cases where not getting to such comments in time has lead to uploaders leaving the site altogether.

And we have no plans of giving uploaders the ability to censor comments on their uploaded images.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
No. If you really have some morbid interest in knowing what colourful way someone called you an autistjewcucknigger or whatever insult is popular in the chans these days, you can just ask a mod. I have serious doubts most uploaders are going to want to see it, and a fair recollection of cases where not getting to such comments in time has lead to uploaders leaving the site altogether.
And we have no plans of giving uploaders the ability to censor comments on their uploaded images.
Bloody cookies etc.
SpokenMind93
Artist -

Snarky, Sassy and Sexy
Not really a “morbid” interest. More a curiosity as to what colorful things anon cowards are saying to try to insult ya, that lead them to being reported. I mean, if you’re really that sensitive that an anon insult leads you to leave the site then it’s better to just leave the internet while you’re at it.

If you’re okay with bothering a mod for every single thing then be my guest, I just thought it’d be a nice feature to relieve the mods from some things.
Exedrus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Heart Gem -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! -
Responsible Disclosure -
Artist -

I suspect that posts driving people off the site is only part of the issue. There are also comments deleted because they violate privacy rules, or are clearly trying to trigger drama storms. And those aren’t the sort of things that mods would want anyone that isn’t site staff to see.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide