Explanation of update to Rule #0 for consistency and clarity especially in regards to racism

Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
I would like to provide some clarification on the recent “logs”:  
  1. The recent logs posted on 4chan are fake. The ideas presented don’t even sound like Nebbie, and there was a cheap attempt to copy his speech pattern (dual k’s and stuff like that).  
  2. Here is me grepping (searching through) all IRC logs between November 22, 2018 and today, searching for user “sixone” as presented in the “logs”:

full

As can be seen, such user never wrote a single message on any of the #derpibooru channels, and hasn’t ever even joined them. I have also searched for some messages as presented in the “logs”, which I could not find either.

full
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Princess Celestia  
I would like to further this in that I’ve heard of people accusing Derpy over this and I’m…just confused by it. Derpy’s handling of ban appeals tends to be very careful, he doesn’t end them early and he doesn’t ask people to stop associating with others, and I would be concerned if he did.

Now, as to something more on-topic and worthy of posting in a locked thread: Many people have been clamoring over the rule wording, and I think there were some minor flaws in it. I think things are out of proportion, but nonetheless, I do think we’ll try and make the wording clearer on what’s prohibited, at least in regards to portraying races negatively, which seems to have been an area of some confusion. No promises, but we also might be able to make it clearer the problem is when things cross the boundary of being purely about fiction and touching on reality.  
I must say I wish that I could be opening a user feedback thread right now, but it seems like threads like this do not work very well, and so an alternate means must be found.
Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
Since I’ve already posted about this here….

We have received a PGP-signed message from Canternet’s (the IRC network we use) admin debunking the recent “logs” once and for all:  
—–BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE—–
Hash: SHA512
This is Colgate from Canternet. The derpibooru admin channel has resided on Canternet since Nov 23rd, 2018.
I have checked server logs and there has never been a person with the nick or username “sixone” ever connected in 2020 or 2019.
Additionally, the hostmask used “Pony-mdg.hkm.138.91.IP”, is not even possible with our secret cloak key.
In short, this leak is guarranteed to be fake.
—–BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE—–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=wDsP
—–END PGP SIGNATURE—–
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread has devolved well away from useful information and discussion